//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ATC70 project

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    Ive got the motor temporarily in the 70 frame. It looks like the only real issue is that the carb will hit the gas tank when the cap is on.
    I see two possible fixes: 1- I cut a section out of the manifold to make it shorter. I dont like this because that will put the carb very close to the cylinder where it will be hot. 2- i cut the manifold and twist it judt enough so the carb will clear the inside of the tank. I am leaning towards that option. If I cut out a very short piece of manufold then I will not have to twist it much and the carb will still be away from the cylinder.

I also need to drill new holes for the lower motor mount and make new upper motor mounts.

Nice work!
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    If you tilt the carb, the float may not work right. Seems like it would cause problems being tilted to one side, it may not fill properly?

--
    A little heat and a ball peen would massage that tank to fit your needs
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I cut a section out of the manifold exactly 1" long. I twisted the back section of the manifold slightly so that the carb cap will clear the tank. The manifold is of course cast aluminum so it all has to be done carefully (pre heated and controlled cooling after welding)

--
    It looks like im going to have to run a head stay due to how thin the atc70 frame is at the rear mounts. I am going to modify the stock 125m head stay and weld it to the 70 frame.

--
    I just cut a corner off the factory 125 mount and made an extension out of it.

Next on the list is to fit the exhaust. I am going to use the stock 125 exhaust and it will run right above the axle and between the brake drum cover and tire.

--
    Can anyone tell me if the rear fenders sit directly on the metal mounting bracket or is there a piece of rubber that goes between the fenders and the frame?

--
    Another question, with this 70 motor, is this woodruff key too low? It does not look like much of it will catch the flywheel.

--
    I think the 70 fenders sit right on the frame, I done recall seeing any rubber pads on mine when I took it off the other day.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottomland4x4 View Post
    I think the 70 fenders sit right on the frame, I done recall seeing any rubber pads on mine when I took it off the other day.
    Thanks for the reply!

--
    Yeah man, that woodruff key looks too low. I can't see how that would grip the stator keyway. Maybe you could machine a taller one?

--
    The electric start works. I need to clean the needle in the carb again because its leaking out of the overflow. Other than that she is ready to test ride.

--
    Very cool, nice work!

--
    I just took it for a test ride. As soon as I put it in gear it started leaking a LOT of oil where the front sprocket shaft goes into the high-lo range box. Is there just a seal there or is it likely I have bigger problems? It does not leak when it is idling in neutral

Tomcall is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I am curious about this project. What did you find was the transmission problem when you were unable to shift gears? I ask as I have a similar issue with my TRC70 project.
    Thanks

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //