//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Construction trades guys: How cold does it have to be

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by shortline10 View Post
    Notice the fan in the back ground ,,, friggen 85 degrees out and 80% humidity , to hot to work .
    The windchill must be terrible!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by stoshu View Post
    -40 windchill. Feels like summer
    Nothing like working in a thong to make a guy feel "back to nature"
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--
    ooooops!

Doubletap deleted
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 12-15-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: cold fingers?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Buahahahahahahahaha !!!!.....lick my yam sack !......ya friggin eskimo`s !......you want to laugh wit my wife ??....take my wife please ! ......the coldest winter i`ve spent was a summer in San Francisco !
    Yea you look cold in your tank top!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161215_075542.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	237768

--
    Being in the oil business up here, we don't shut down for ambient conditions unless the work site get's too dangerous due to ice/snow buildup or visibility issues. We just have more steamer trucks working to keep things thawed out. We do adjust the work/rest schedules according to conditions. Productivity drops immensely when you get below -30 C (-22 F) not taking wind chill into account. We've seen -30 last week with -39 wind chill already; it's going to be a crappy one!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    -30 and Carharrt up... Love roof work at the Hospitals in January!
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

--
    I hear ya! One of the jobs I'm working on is at the 8th floor (IIRC) on the way to 18 or so. It seems like once you get off of the ground it's ALWAYS windy, and moreso the higher you go. Dropping poly for heating the level under our pours is a wonderful job. I'm SO GLAD I only have about 6 years left.........

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Union Carpenter in St. Louis . Commercial metal studs and drywall . Been doing it 30 years . Worked today , started with 3 degree wind chill . I was warmer at 6 am than I was at 10:00 . It's the feet and hands that gets you . I've worked way colder than that when I was younger ( and had to ) but now that I draw my pension , and still work everyday , I pick and chose . No gloves at negative 13 wind chill ? I don't believe it .

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    Nothing like working in a thong to make a guy feel "back to nature"
    We had a neighbor that was in his seventies i would guess and i was classmates with his grandkids, anyway when it was hot all he wore was a pair of those bikini briefs and a case of beer from the time he woke up till time for supper. Riding a tractor or removing a transmission, didnt matter. In his underwear working and talking to you like it wasn't even a thing. He was awesome and very tan!

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161215_071240.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	237773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161215_073146.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	237774 12 degrees yesterday. 40mph winds. 2" of snow. Today 8" of snow, crane picks working out of boom lift and man baskets.

--
    The Milwaukee m12 heated gear, love my hooded sweatshirt on the real cold days! And in the tree stand...
    No trikes. Too old, too crippled. Unless I find one I can't live without!
    "You cant fix stupid" ~ Ron White
    My feeback link: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ack-for-Thorpe

--
    We sure don't get that problem here downunder, I always wonder how you guys do it! I'm a carpenter and we still deal with ridiculous tempratures, though it's heat here, was 42 degrees for a couple days this week that's around 108 degrees in your terms! Stinkin' hot mate!
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Self employed contractor here, i tell you if we get a couple more winters like this one i keep telling myself i'm gonna move but the problem is- its been cold everywhere well (almost)
    My avg working day the last 3-wks has been maybe 5hr days, as soon as my bones get that chill i'm done. Most all of my work has been outside.
    Of course i have a 6wk job starting feb 1st thats inside(bad planning on my part) so yup another month of this cold outside work- hope this weather changes soon. I dont mind it above 30 and being outside but these recent temps i do not like.
    Just venting here, thnx for listening,
    Sitting in the truck warming up so i can put a couple more hrs in today.
    Keep warm fellas, or "girls" but i dont think theres many here
    Anyone else freezing there butts off?

Hmmm, maybe heated seats for the atc's? Would be kinda nice
    Shep

--
    Dropped to 30F here last night Up to 35 now with 91% humidity. Inside the house is about 40 as the air conditioners keep stopping to defrost. I don't ever recall "feeling" this cold in Canada. There was always a warm house waiting for you there. Here all we have is a cold concrete box that will take days in the sun to warm back up and the weather girl says the highest temp we'll see this week is 45F.

I'm shiiiiiivering as I tttttype thiiiis!!!!
    Last edited by El Camexican; 01-02-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Nico Suave sweaters aren't cutting it!
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Dropped to 30F here last night Up to 35 now with 91% humidity. Inside the house is about 40 as the air conditioners keep stopping to defrost. I don't ever recall "feeling" this cold in Canada. There was always a warm house waiting for you there. Here all we have is a cold concrete box that will take days in the sun to warm back up and the weather girl says the highest temp we'll see this week is 45F.

I'm shiiiiiivering as I tttttype thiiiis!!!!
    The best investment i've ever made was a heated mattress pad not a blanket u lay on top of this. I bought for us (me+wife) last yr, this thing is awesome. I paid i think 30 bucks for it at walmart or target. Only problem is you dont want to get out of bed in the am. Well i'm not sure who likes it better us or the cat..
    (I'd be very happy with 45deg temps!!)
    Shep

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //