//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2011 Honda Shadow Trike Conversion

--

2011 Honda Shadow Trike Conversion

Hi all. I think I covered all bases exhausting any possibilities of a reverse gear for the 2011 Honda Shadow 750.
    Is there a way to go with an electric reverse gear ? No one seems to manufacture anything for this bike which has already been converted to a trike. Moto Trike is the manufacturer of the trike kit installed. I checked with Moto Trike and they do not offer a reverse gear for the Honda Shadow 750. This is shaft drive. I might consider some type of fabrication as long as it is professionally done. If you hear of anything please give me a shout. Thanks !!
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    The Goldwing has electric reverse and uses a starter motor. You might be able to fabricate for the shaft with a starter motor and a one way bearing.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Yeah I know the GW has E reverse and I am looking to do the same with this smaller Honda. Will the oem drive shaft be able to turn in the opposite direction ?
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetip2000 View Post
    Yeah I know the GW has E reverse and I am looking to do the same with this smaller Honda. Will the oem drive shaft be able to turn in the opposite direction ?
    As long as it's in neutral. I think it would be cool to rig up a small electric motor to just the front wheel for reverse.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I’ve seen lots of these reverse setups on three wheeled conversions that use diffs. At a glance I’ll assume they adapt to the output shaft that normally uses a sprocket, but maybe you could get an adaptor made for whatever drives your shaft. You might try sending out some inquires to the guys on Alibaba to see what’s available.

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search...sGalleryList=G

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REVERSE.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	238068
    It sucks to get old

--
    I just don't know why so many trike kits are available but most of them do not offer reverse. Do they think an old man is gonna get off the bike and pull or push it back ? By old I mean a rider who is 80.
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //