//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New 350 x owner

Xtro is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --

New 350 x owner

Hi guys, managed to get my hands on a very original 350X on the weekend. These are very rare here in Australia and basically got into a bidding war with quite a few other interested parties and ended up paying more than the bike was advertised for. Its in very original condition and is top shape mechanically and cosmetically its not bad either. A few bits and pieces need changing to tidy it up a bit. I have already found most prices I want to replace. Can someone please help with the handlebars. I basically want the same shape and size of the originals. The ones on there have been bent a few times but there are so many choices out there for replacements its a bit confusing which ones match the originals. Im sure I will be back here asking questions you have all heard before but I do search the site first to try to find answers before I bother you with these queries. Thanks in advance for any help.

--
    Welcome to the site. There are a couple members from "Down Under" here.

I am sure someone will chime in on info on bars.

What did you pay for the 350X if you don't mind me asking? Prices and location are all over the map. What year?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtro View Post
    Hi guys, managed to get my hands on a very original 350X on the weekend. These are very rare here in Australia and basically got into a bidding war with quite a few other interested parties and ended up paying more than the bike was advertised for. Its in very original condition and is top shape mechanically and cosmetically its not bad either. A few bits and pieces need changing to tidy it up a bit. I have already found most prices I want to replace. Can someone please help with the handlebars. I basically want the same shape and size of the originals. The ones on there have been bent a few times but there are so many choices out there for replacements its a bit confusing which ones match the originals. Im sure I will be back here asking questions you have all heard before but I do search the site first to try to find answers before I bother you with these queries. Thanks in advance for any help.
    A couple guys I know have used this set and they were very pleased with the product.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ATC-250R...%257Ciid%253A1
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Welcome to the site. There are a couple members from "Down Under" here.

I am sure someone will chime in on info on bars.

What did you pay for the 350X if you don't mind me asking? Prices and location are all over the map. What year?
    Hi Mate,

I paid $5000 Australian dollars which is roughly $3650 US. Its a 1986 model. I have been looking for a 1986 250R for about 6 months but prices have gone through the roof over here. Anywhere between $6000 -$10 000
    Australian dollars plus they dont pop up very often. When this even rarer 350X popped up I just had to have it. After he sold it he called me and let me know people were offering overing $6000 for it. Cheers, Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My 350X.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	237889  

--
    Welcome to the forums mate I am from vic and have a fair few trikes not a 350x though, I know what you mean about the prices being insane 5k is crazy and 250rs are worse have you seen the one in tassie for $12k??
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Whats the deal with the foot peg?

--
    Hello, I used the 250r repro bars as well on my 350x restore. They are great. My x still had original bar and this one is a great replacement. Could not tell the difference other than the new one was straight!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley250R View Post
    Whats the deal with the foot peg?
    looks like the bolt has come out that holds the footpeg to the frame.

Nice 86 model!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Bolt snapped off. Has now been drilled out and replaced.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jakep53 View Post
    Welcome to the forums mate I am from vic and have a fair few trikes not a 350x though, I know what you mean about the prices being insane 5k is crazy and 250rs are worse have you seen the one in tassie for $12k??
    Yep I saw that, there are a couple for sale over here in Perth in the $10k range. Way too much. I have already been offered $8k for the 350x Not bad after owning it for a week. Not seeking though.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jasbret View Post
    Hello, I used the 250r repro bars as well on my 350x restore. They are great. My x still had original bar and this one is a great replacement. Could not tell the difference other than the new one was straight!
    Awesome, I will grab a pair, thanks for your help

--
    If people are offering that much, DON"T SELL IT! You may have to pay that or more to get another one. Just enjoy and make others drool. Also I'd recommend keeping it locked up tight. I'd hate to hear that you had it stolen out of the back of your truck.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtro View Post
    Yep I saw that, there are a couple for sale over here in Perth in the $10k range. Way too much. I have already been offered $8k for the 350x Not bad after owning it for a week. Not seeking though.
    its absolutely crazy at that price its worth importing and selling them!!
    73 atc 70
    84 ytm 200ern
    79 atc 70
    ytm 225 dr
    atc 90
    80 atc 110
    klt 250A
    84 atc 200es
    85 atc 250es

gone but not forgotten restored 82 atc 70

--
    Jake, I like that idea. I say go for it!

--
    They are fetching just as much in the states really when you do the conversions.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //