//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I've started a blog

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

I've started a blog

Hello my friends! I've had some big doings-a-transpirin' over the last, well, I guess it's pretty much ongoing. Long story short, I like writing and a lot of people like my writing, so I'm going to write. I don't know what, if anything, is going to come of it other than me writing and some people reading. Ideally if I could get to the point I could write for a living, I'd be a very happy man. I wouldn't say that's impossible. Twice I've started writing books and both times I got quite far along, however both times I had to return to my position as a slave, I mean job, driving a tractor trailer.

Last week I spent about 9 days in Thailand. Those who have the Bookface most likely saw that I had turned my page back on to share the experience with my friends and family. I intended on writing a whole thing and sharing all the pictures and videos on here for my friends here who do not have the Bookface, plus I have always loved this forum, however I have just hit a speed bump. I have made a conscious decision to direct as much energy as possible away from truck driving, which is a terrible black hole here in Boston which is consuming my life energy on a level you could compare with Glamy's wife consuming his life energy. In other words, at an extremely alarming and detrimental rate. I didn't ask my boss if I could go away, I told him I was and he could frig off if he didn't approve. Luckily he approved so he didn't have to frig off, but frig off he would have.

As it turns out, I was exactly correct in what I needed to get my head screwed back on straight. I don't know too many other Americans who decide they may find themselves on the other side of the planet for some reason, but it worked for me. Upon my realization about mid week last week that I needed to severely curtail the truck driving if not end it all together, I was still a little confused as to what I could do to take its place. I love writing, people tell me they enjoy reading my writing, so I'm going to try to write as much as I can and see what I can make of it. This is the first step that could lead me to walking in a direction I'd be very grateful to head, to write for a living. I'd be eternally grateful to any and all of you who might be interested in following me.

What I'm battling with right this second is, do I still start a thread on here about something I could share on my blog? I'm new to blogging and I don't know exactly how it works, but I do know the more people that read my posting the better for me. I wouldn't want to take anything away from this site which I love and I'll obviously still be posting here, however if I can reach a greater audience and potentially could gain from it and improve my life, I'm hesitant to start something on here. Just now I wanted to share my whole Thailand experience, but now I am balking. Would it be complete douchebaggery for me to only start threads on there as opposed to the open forum in our forum?

Regardless of what I end up doing, I'll never stop posting on this site. I will always be here, however if what I'm trying to do improves my chances of getting out of a tractor trailer, I have to direct as much energy as possible in that direction. If anyone is interested following me or seeing what I write, I'm at fabiodriven@wordpress.com. At the time of this posting I have written only one post.

Thank you to any and all of you who might be interested and thank you for reading!

https://fabiodriven.wordpress.com/20...rst-blog-post/
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 12-21-2016 at 07:29 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I for one would much rather read about someones travel or other life experiences on here like your trip to Thailand as opposed to some of the other things that are posted on here and would also consider it to be far less self serving and douchey than many other things I see posted on here.

.................................................. ..........

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    If only we all had it in us to do what we wanted to do in life rather than work it all away!

Travel, follow the trike scene to the darkest corners of the world! Write On, Man!!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    You have a great audience here on 3WW. So, I think you'd be remiss to exclude your writings in the open forum. Or, at least, just post up a link to your newest blogs so folks could just click it and you'd get that traffic to your blog page.

Either way write on, man!!
    '87 ATC 250SX
    '86 ATC 350X
    A bunch of stuff-n-stuff

clmeue37 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'm all for clicking a link here to take me to your blog. You will be able to project your words to a far greater audience there. I thoroughly enjoy reading what you have to share here, as I'm sure countless others will on your blog. Good on you for wanting to better your life and taking the steps to do so! Don't let ol' glamy or barnett hold you back! (nothing against the 2 of them at all, just poking a little fun lol)
    Last edited by clmeue37; 12-22-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

Before destruction a man's heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
    -Proverbs 18:12

--
    Good for you. I read your blog and will follow.

Interestingly.............I always wanted to be an over the road trucker and every single person but one (my nephew) said it was the worst job ever. It's something I've always wanted to do. I blame my uncle Bud who I was fascinated with as a young child everytime he brought his truck home or gave me a ride on his goldwing (in the late 70s). He would always shake my hand with a cupped silver dollar in his hand. To this day I collect silver and gold coins, own 2 Goldwings but never had a chance to drive truck for a living. When I was newly married and going to UNLV my parents neighbor, who was a long haul trucker agreed to take me along the road with him where I could lean and earn. But my wife and mother thought it wasn't a good move so I never did it. Now 4 or 5 years away from retirement I want to do it. But like 28 years ago the nay sayers are at it again with...."your to old" or "you'll have hemmeroids or diabetes " or "its the worst job ever"...........

Maybe I'll ride with my nephew who enjoys it so I get more of a positive feedback/experience rather than a negative one.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Hey thanks to all of you for the great replies. To cut to the chase, I think it would behoove me to place my words in the blog for now and see what I can make of it. As asked, and as I planned, I will gladly notify in this thread when I am going to post something new. I intend on posting something today in the blog, so this is your heads up. I don't aim to disappoint, however I must think about me right this second and see what, if anything, I can make of this.

Knappyfeet, I don't know what your nephew is smoking, but whatever it is I want some! Haha! Obviously I'm kidding, but my OTR experience was awful. I'm sure it varies depending on who you work for, but my experience was that it really sucked. It is certainly something you should try though, because clearly you have a drive to do so!

Thank you all for your opinions and let's see how this goes!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Does this blogging stuff pay? A few people have told me I should have, but I don't even know what a blog. I guess I'll follow yours and find out.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Does this blogging stuff pay? A few people have told me I should have, but I don't even know what a blog. I guess I'll follow yours and find out.
    Here are 5 things I know about blogging:

1. 'Blog' is short for 'web log'.
    2. I read Fabio's yesterday and it was interesting.
    3. I apparently only know 2 things about blogging.

Good luck Fab

--
    Thank you all again! I just posted a new one now.

https://fabiodriven.wordpress.com/20...antling-a-man/
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'm liking it so far! What can I do to help increase the traffic to your blog other than word of mouth? Other than youtube, 3ww is the only form of social media I frequent.
    1980 Honda atc110, 1981 Honda atc110, 1983 Honda atc200e Big Red, 1984 Honda atc200es Big Red, 1984 Honda trx200, 1985 Honda atc200s

Trikefest '15 '16

--
    Wow thanks! I don't know, any way you see fit I suppose, but thank you!

I talked to two people on the phone tonight that read it. My boss and a coworker, lol. I must say, I don't want to give anything away, but their portrayal in this story is nothing personal against them, rather it will culminate into a point that I'm attempting to make about all of us. They're merely characters in this story and in actuality they are very good men. My personal belief is that we all need to look at ourselves as a nation and see what we've been turned into and what the norm is considered to be, and that is that we must work work work work work, with the occasional side of living life. That's not how life is supposed to be, yet that's what most of us are unfortunately forced into doing. I aim to get to that when I write tomorrow.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 12-22-2016 at 07:46 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    My personal belief is that we all need to look at ourselves as a nation and see what we've been turned into and what the norm is considered to be
    That was my thought exactly after reading your second entry and it's why I instantly felt the need to share your words. More Americans need to see it.

Trikefest '15 '16

--
    Bravo read......well done.

That makes me want to run away from trucking like someone was chasing me with a knife.........although long haul might be different.....I don't know.

Can't wait for Thailand. I was there when in the Navy many years ago and for me....nothing but good people, good times (and some me love you long times)

--
    Well I've gotta do it…

My top members I wish would blog:

-Ironchop

-Glamy

-Camexican

-Plastikos

-Fabio

anybody I missed?
    Ragin' full on...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //