//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chainsaws

--

Chainsaws

Does anyone know who makes Powerking chainsaws ? I saw a 20 inch 57cc for 211 bucks new.
    I was wondering if they are husqvarna private label or something like that. I just wanna make sure
    I am not buying a chinese 2 stroke. Thanks
    ♠ 58 ♠

▓ ▓
    Ride 3

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    The math suggests that it is a saw of questionable quality. A decent saw with a displacement of 55cc or greater and a metal crankcase would cost well over $500. I paid nearly $500 for a Husqvarna 460 Rancher that I ordered on line. When I got the saw, I couldn't believe that it had a plastic crankcase. I never even tried to start it. I brought it back to Lowe's and had my money refunded.
    I did a google search, but could not find the country of origin for Powerking chainsaws.
    Last edited by tripledog; 12-26-2016 at 11:50 PM.

--
    I find that every brand of chainsaw offers cutting edge technology
    It sucks to get old

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Well instead of useless (and bad) jokes that don't help you one iota, I suggest you simply call them and ask them where they are made and where the individual parts are made, because the parts may be made outside the US but "Assembled In America" . Their ad states the chain saw cases are proudly made in the USA but they say nothing about the origin of the actual saw, so my guess is that the ad speaks for itself, however, never assume.

http://www.qvtools.com/chainsaws 1-800-344-3371

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    It should go without saying that a 20" saw for $211 brand new is not going to be anything worth buying. Unfortunately those turds are most likely the highest selling saws out there, the disposable ones I mean, because we live in a throwaway society. When they break, and that doesn't take long, you toss them out. You'll then have strong feelings of anger like Barnett has been harboring deep inside for so very, very long, and I wouldn't blame you. The way to avoid that is to buy a quality saw. Even a nice used saw can at least be worked on if you find one that needs a little love. That's not even an option with a throwaway. I understand not everyone is made of money but I'd suggest you roll into your local Stihl, Husky, or Echo dealer at least just to peruse their selection and get an idea of what you need to come up with. Personally I'd recommend avoiding the Lowe's and Home Depot Husqvarna selection because they are allowed to sell an inferior product designed to be sold exclusively by big chain outlets.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say to stay away from items like that with prices like that. I think you're barking up the wrong tree. You could branch out and look on craigslist and get a quality saw used, might cost ya a bit more, but you'll have parts availability when needed. I've logged quite a few hours on my Huskys: A 435 with a 16 in bar, a 55 with a 16 in bar, and a 460 with a 24 in bar. They aren't the "professional grade" saws, but they've served me well and I do a fair amount of cutting since we burn wood in the winter and we live on a wooded lot and have the occasional tree fall down.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Personally I'd recommend avoiding the Lowe's and Home Depot Husqvarna selection because they are allowed to sell an inferior product designed to be sold exclusively by big chain outlets.
    I'm gonna double down on Fabio's advice on this. The big manufacturers do have a different line they sell at the home improvement stores. That includes lawn mowers too, especially the riders.
    Last edited by Scootertrash; 12-26-2016 at 09:15 AM.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    You'll then have strong feelings of anger like Barnett has been harboring deep inside for so very, very long, and I wouldn't blame you .
    You got some personal hate for this dude. It's apparent. I too agree with Fabio and Scoot that a quality chainsaw is the way to go. I am personal fan of Stihl. Their products can be alittle pricey but they last and parts are readily available. Everyone have a great day!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Chainsaws

Actually I do not. I don't harbour that feeling towards anyone and I actually don't even use that word, so I would appreciate if you don't try to project on me. I actually considered him one of my friends on here and was taken aback by his attack on me the other day which caught me completely blind-sided. I'm not sure if you noticed, but all of my replies to him have been very low key in the hopes that he will get past whatever it is that's truly bothering him and stop attempting to make me appear as some sort of villain. My mentioning of his name here is a poke, a playful one. He'll either take it as such or continue his delusional posting which is a win/win because both outcomes there are OK, not to mention the chuckle gotten by the initial comment.

I venture to guess you've read his posting in which he portrays his thoughts of how I feel for him. I suggest that anyone who wants to know how I feel about anything read my words and how I feel personally. His words trying to explain how I feel are pure rhetoric, plain and simple. I've never met this man, I don't know him, I thought I liked him, but I have no idea how he can think he has the first clue what's going through my mind and even less of an idea how you do.

So rather than telling me how I feel, had you asked instead, I would have told you no, I do not feel that way about Barnett or anyone for that matter.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 12-26-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Actually I do not. I don't harbour that feeling towards anyone and I actually don't even use that word, so I would appreciate if you don't try to project on me. I actually considered him one of my friends on here and was taken aback by his attack on me the other day which caught me completely blind-sided. .
    Your right, I should have used a different word. Hate is a powerful word.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    I have a Stihl MS250 that my wife got me for Christmas a few years ago. I do not cut a lot of wood but it has been very reliable. It starts right up every time even after having sat unused for quite awhile. Got it from a locally owned tractor/machinery shop nearby that has great service. Lowes and Home Depot do not have great personal service like this place. Like others above, I suggest spending a little more on quality and reputation and get a saw from a local chainsaw dealer that provides good personal service.

--
    That was actually the saw I used for years, an MS250. It's still hanging in my shed. I think the top end popped finally but I had been waiting for it to die for years, lol. It treated me really well but I had outgrown it and needed a bigger saw but I wouldn't allow myself to get one until the Stihl croaked. Finally one day it did and that's when I got my 576XP. I've always been a Husky man but the Stihls are just as good and actually most professionals prefer Stihl. The MS250 is the perfect quality beginner homeowner saw. My little Husky 435 is great too, but it would be a bit small to keep as the only saw around. I absolutely love both my Huskies. The 435's Scooter and I got were only $140! They were remanufactured but mine looked absolutely brand new. I have no idea what could have been used prior on it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Mine looked brand new also (They where remanufactured saws). I had some fuel supply issues with it initially, it would die when it got warm and didn't want to start back up.. I found that they had forgotten to put the filter on the end of the line inside the tank, so I added that, pulled the carb apart and "cleaned" it even tho it looked spotless, been running like a champ ever since. Not sure what I really "fixed" other than the filter.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    These saws have served me very well. The larger saw is a Stihl MS362 C-M, and is going on 4 years old. The smaller saw is a Husqvarna 55 Rancher, and is about 15 years old. The Stihl has already cut over 20 full cord, and hasn't skipped a beat. It is in better shape than the Husky, because I have learned how to better care for my saws. I heat my home with a woodstove only (I don't even have a furnace), so I can justify paying for a decent quality saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saws.jpg   saws 2.jpg  
    Last edited by tripledog; 12-26-2016 at 05:09 PM.

--
    I have an old Mcculloch 610 pro Mac, it is the most reliable damn thing I've ever owned. The only draw back is its weight.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    I have an old Mcculloch 610 pro Mac, it is the most reliable damn thing I've ever owned. The only draw back is its weight.
    Yeah but I bet it can't swim :-)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //