//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy - OMF Tri-Z Skid Plate (swingarm)

--
    Thanks guys, I'll do both too that's a fair deal. They will look nice.

denn is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have a pic of both. I own a few of them when they were still making them in 2003 i grabbed some. I will post it tomorrow or saturday when I get home. I run the swingarm skid and engine skid. The engine skid absolutely saved my lower frame tubes from dents. Its worth its weight in gold. The swingarm skid is awesome to. Mine took a massive rock blow on the one side. Hard enough to kick me over sideways and no damage was done to the swinger. Plate is a bit bent but thats what its there for. Well worth the 200. In fact I paid more in 2003 for them. LOL

Forgot to add, Im in for a set also. Spoke with Bones today and there almost ready to start em up!!
    Last edited by denn; 05-31-2018 at 05:48 PM.

--
    I have a westcoast swingarm. It has a plastic type skid plate that came with it. Does anybody know if one of these would fit?
    Last edited by Killabee; 06-05-2018 at 05:12 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Killabee View Post
    I have a westcoast swingarm. It has a plastic type skid plate that came with it. Does anybody know if one of these would fit?
    I have a Westcoast swinger too. It has the same mounting points as the stock swinger so I think the OMF skid plate should work.

--
    Does anyone know when these are supposed to be ready? My name is on the list and I'm eager to get it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    Does anyone know when these are supposed to be ready? My name is on the list and I'm eager to get it.
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think he may have mentioned in about a month, the start production.
    Again don't quote me on that, so I'd guess within 2 months or so? Septish?
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    I'm not 100% positive, but I think he may have mentioned in about a month, the start production.
    Again don't quote me on that, so I'd guess within 2 months or so? Septish?
    Yeah, I called OMF yesterday (Jun. 13th) and Bones said it may be as long as 2 months. Apparently, the big boss has to do all the fabrication because it is an older product and requires a lot of hands on fabrication and welding. Their business has mostly shifted to wheels, so it's not really something they are doing anymore.

--
    Right on good info nice to see we're in the works, just be patient I guess.

--
    Hey Steve,
    You haven't missed it, we're chugging along. I've built 40 or so blanks for the swing arm skids (see attached), and I'm actually coming in this weekend to finish the bending and brackets so they can move on to the welding stage

This is a direct email from Bones...he attached a pic of a stack of pre cut plates. More Good News!! Just going to take time, not much more but a few more steps.

--
    More progress. All the shearing, notching, punching, deburring, and bending is finished up for the main portion of the skid. Still need to make the side brackets the weld on to make the rear mount for the skid, then they'll be in welding and I'll be on to the engine plates.

Another email from Bones....not too much longer.

--
    Good news I was wondering the same thing my Tri-Z build is on hold for a while as I purchased a banshee which conveniently blew up so I had to spend the money to rebuild the motor wasn't cheap but got to get those while they're there
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Hey Steve,
    Wanted to touch base, first new skid from the parts I built got welded today, and hopefully tonight I’ll be finishing the side brackets for another dozen or so skids. Then on to the engine plates.

I wanted to see if you would throw something out on the forum to gauge some interest. We have powder coating as an option and can coat these skid plates if people would prefer. Obviously the coating will never last when being abused, but for a show trike that may be the finishing touch. Would you post something on the thread and see if anybody would be interested in having their skids powder coated? It would be $30 per skid, and we have the following colors available:

Candy Blue
    Candy Red
    Candy Purple
    Candy Gold
    Bengal Red
    Bengal Blue
    Candy Lime Green
    Kawi Green
    Shocker/Coolant Yellow
    Yellow
    Flo Pink
    KTM Orange
    White
    Anthracite
    Textured Anthracite
    Matte Black
    Gloss Black

Thanks,
    Bones

--
    More Info from Bones. Get ready Tri Z GROUP!!! It's right around the corner and a straight to the finish line!!!

Feel free to share on the forum:

The boss man has them on his welding table and is plugging away at them, he's welded a couple already, and I suspect he'll be welding more this week and into the weekend.

--
    Got a call last Friday looking for a credit card # and tonight I got an invoice marked paid with a UPS tracking number. Made sense to get both skid plates seeing as how this was a miracle happening in the first place.

denn is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Mine Should be on there way also. Its funny cause bones said that I was still in the system from the last ones I bought in 2002 for a wopping 45 dollars and 15 dollars shipping...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //