//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy - OMF Tri-Z Skid Plate (swingarm)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by YTZ drew View Post
    I would love to have one too, but my Tri-Z is on the back burner at the moment. I would, however, buy one if it helped get the number high enough to do a production run. If it comes to that, someone pm me, since I'm not online as much as I used to be.
    Same here I would gladly buy one

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    PRM did a run of nerf bars, at that time request were made for a skid plate. The end conversation was no and their focus was UTV and Utlity quads. There's enough to run 20+ guesstimating but setup time and labor doesn't interest them in profit. You can't blame them they really look to be more automated and less handwork. Why do a favor for us? We don't advertise for them and are a group of 1 and done sales. Wonder what the count needs to be...?
    PRM staff are nice folks! I ordered some stuff from them a couple months ago, and unfortunately a lot of my wish list is no longer available. They love three wheelers and woman mentioned that is their roots made a lot of goodies for ATCS over the decades. It is more they want to retire, not so much that they are not into small orders for obsolete trikes.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I would buy one. Does someone have a picture of what they look like?
    Did you read page 1 of this post? Email Bones through the link provided get on the list.

Sledcrazy: I have zero issues with PRM have every product they've made for the Tri-Z.
    I've talked with the wife as well and that was her reply to me at the time they made a few of us nerf bars.
    Which by the way they will also never make again according to her. This is why when a company says ok but we need a pre-order of a certain amount for a run. JUMP on it! Cause it won't come around like a bus ever again.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 08-24-2017 at 01:46 PM.

--
    FYI people I just received a phone call this morning stating that they have been given permission to progress on manufacturing a batch of these skid plates they wanted my name to confirm interest. I figured I would post here in case somebody is interested that has not been contacted or did not know can call them and maybe add their name to a list of Interest as well.
    I need all the help I can get!

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    FYI people I just received a phone call this morning stating that they have been given permission to progress on manufacturing a batch of these skid plates they wanted my name to confirm interest. I figured I would post here in case somebody is interested that has not been contacted or did not know can call them and maybe add their name to a list of Interest as well.
    I received an email about this as well.... if interested email bones@omfperformance.com to make sure they have you on the list.... not sure how many they will be making.
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

--
    It's on boys!!!! Bones has been in email contact with me too and is gathering up committed interested parties. They will be offering a full coverage kit at the time of realease production. This means you can get a frame/engine skidplate along with your swingarm skidplate. It looks like OMF is willing to offer a discount on the package deal for those looking for full coverage matching equipment. The pics of the swinger skid look top notch and beefy material. I recommend emailing Bones getting on the list...first production runs will fill fast. Make sure to thank them for digging out the old fixtures for us 3WW guys.

This is another example of how this Community can work to get things done.

--
    OMF is NOT wanting a deposit just your name. Production is projected 30 days away, get on the list and save up $ and be ready to go!
    I should mention the Engine/Frame skidplate is the non-pipe guard style. Nothing says you have to buy both to get one. So if you want just one and not the other place that info in your email. The package offers a nice discount to us not necessary by them but a huge show of respect to Our Community. Show your support and protect your machine from a favorite rock section nightmare slam.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-24-2018 at 09:33 AM.

--
    I sent them an email. Has anyone posted this on Facebook?

--
    I'm no FB guy so feel free to...I just want to keep this topic hot for the What's New passer by types that don't post. Topics of this nature get barried in the rubble of topics. Good job jumping in, if it wasn't for a few key people this project would have sat on a shelve. If bumping means 1 or 2 guys get a chance at this I'm all about it. If we spread the word the sale goes off to the satisfaction of everyone. The next time the 3WW Community comes asking for another old product, the MFG might become more receptive to the idea and have confidence in our realationship as a group.

--
    Bones from OMF sent me an email this week and I called this afternoon to give my phone number to complete my contact info. So happy this is coming to fruition i really wanted an aftermarket swing arm skid plate.

Thanked the person I spoke with for still making limited runs of stuff and told them I would buy stuff for 81 to 84 250r's if they consider products.

--
    Does anyone have a picture of the frame/engine skidplate? At this point I am only interested in the swingarm skid plate. So, the process is to call OMF and put your name on their list?

--
    Email from the link above directly to Bones. It's my understanding that the fixture for the engine/skid has been located. As soon as they assemble it photos will go out. Get one get both just email and get yourself lined up to get what you want.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Z 250 View Post
    I should mention the Engine/Frame skidplate is the non-pipe guard style. Nothing says you have to buy both to get one. So if you want just one and not the other place that info in your email. The package offers a nice discount to us .
    Heya ...do you happen to have an image of the (engine/frame skid ).
    Also do you know the ballpark package price?
    Thanks👍
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Heya ...do you happen to have an image of the (engine/frame skid ).
    Also do you know the ballpark package price?
    Thanks��
    Ricochet lists it as the YZ 490 skid plate. Color is extra.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA1C6855-AAF3-4010-A1E5-1191D283154D.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	252569

The one and only (small) issue with this plate is that if you want to access your stater to adjust the timing you will need to bend the protective tab on the left-hand side of the plate down ever so slightly in order to get to the bolts that secure the cover.

Aside from that it is a very high quality part that could probably stop a bullet.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I'm told by Bones The BOSS said package deal $200. Might just make you wanna go Full OMF for life.

I will post a pic as soon as I get the email. I'm most likely not going too be the first one to get it but if they don't post I certainly will.
    Last edited by Tri-Z 250; 05-26-2018 at 07:53 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //