//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Buy - OMF Tri-Z Skid Plate (swingarm)

--
    I contacted them when this first came up, I think a year ago, and I got the return call a couple weeks ago, but I have since sold my Z's, so I will not be in on this. Just mentioning because I was on the list of people to contact when it came to fruition.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    I've been on the list for one of these skids since the end of 2014.
    I just contacted Bones to let him know im still keen for two and would buy a third if it gets this across the line.
    Hopefully this time its a go.

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Anybody that is interested.... send an email to bones@omfperformance.com and let them know to put you on the list..... hopefully we can pull this off
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

--
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlowe2 View Post
    Anybody that is interested.... send an email to bones@omfperformance.com and let them know to put you on the list..... hopefully we can pull this off
    It's been about 10 months so far, I was not contacted by the manufacturer.

Was it or is there any progress on this ? Does anyone have an update?

Pretty cool pc of hardware

Possibly does anyone here have one for sale, that they may not be utilizing?

What about any of the veteran parts builder/ fabricators here...anyone interested in making them. If only I could weld...anything...lol
    I need all the help I can get!

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I emailed them about 2 or 3 weeks ago and they have not replied. I will email again Monday and see if I get anything.... I think I'll buy 3 or 4 if they do them seeing as to how hard it is to get them going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

250rs-neva-die is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    hey just saw this...i would be in for 1..please add me to the list..is it going to be$125? thanks

--
    I read somewhere that the yz490 skid plates work on the Tri Z.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/302400224502

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    I read somewhere that the yz490 skid plates work on the Tri Z.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/302400224502
    I believe it's a engine skid mentioned for that application, this one on topic is @ the rear swingarm rotor
    Here is the thread.
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-Z-skid-plates

Perhaps..someone who has done business with this other co, PRM ATV can find out some info.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    I just called OMF... they don't have enough interest in the skid plate to justify doing a production run. He said its always possible in the future, but, for now it looks like we are out of luck.
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    PRM did a run of nerf bars, at that time request were made for a skid plate. The end conversation was no and their focus was UTV and Utlity quads. There's enough to run 20+ guesstimating but setup time and labor doesn't interest them in profit. You can't blame them they really look to be more automated and less handwork. Why do a favor for us? We don't advertise for them and are a group of 1 and done sales. Wonder what the count needs to be...?

--
    For the skid plate he said (If I understood correctly) the count needed to be at least 24. According to him, he had 6... which included me wanting two and one guy saying he would take 2 or maybe 3.... so, I am wondering if perhaps everybody here has not been added to his list. It sounds kind of like what you said, its not their bread & butter business and even though he thinks its a cool idea, they have bigger money parts to make. He said he will keep the list and contact everybody on it if they ever get enough interest.

I wish I could find a set of those Nerf Bars...I am going to have to figure out a way to custom fab some or modify some banshee ones to fit
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    I'm not on FB or a frequent to .org or other such avenues to get the call out. The truth to it; if a run is done and they need 1 more to top the bar. I would consider a 3rd unit just based on value. The part will never lose its value over time in mint condition. 24 units most which will bolt on infront of the UPS driver in the're anticipation. The 3 or 4 that get shelved will be the sought after parts in the not so distant future. I'm on Bones's list with a standing pre-order request, I'd gladly pay upfront to secure the run. Hope for the best keep positive

--
    Yea I hope so... I almost just want to buy the whole production run so they will do it...I know they would sell super fast on eBay. I am sure many people would buy it if it was available, but, not necessarily "pre-order" it not knowing if it ever will be or not.
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    I would love to have one too, but my Tri-Z is on the back burner at the moment. I would, however, buy one if it helped get the number high enough to do a production run. If it comes to that, someone pm me, since I'm not online as much as I used to be.
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1985 ATC250R

--
    I would buy one. Does someone have a picture of what they look like?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //