//ArrowChat Code

Thread: TRI Z correct compression tester & leakdown tester

--

TRI Z correct compression tester & leakdown tester

Just bought a old Tri Z, need to find out condition & tune up. 1st thing 1st. Compression & leakdown. (bear with me folks I'm budget restricted...lol)

1st time trying this. I bought a inexpensive compression kit from HF. I did a test on the Tri Z and ir reads 90 lbs.?

Now I know that would be considered very low...Mt question : Ive read on several vintage tuners websites thst a "specific" compression tester is required, with a valve in the end?? Is that true?

The length oh the nipple on my tester is about 1/4" shorter than my spark plug. So volume wouldnt be the same.

Yea I know its a HF tool, (but would it be that far off? ) From what I understand I want around 150LBS.

Also can anyone recommend a CHEAP leakdown tester..that I can build or buy..that I can obtain Reliable readings from.

Thanks!

--
    For leak down tester you could try to make your own:
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...r-for-about-20
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    Spray soapy water where the tool threads into the head and on the tool to make sure it doesn't leak. The compression tester has to have a schrader valve if the tool doesn't have one its useless thats with any compression tester..
    Does the engine run? If so I would think there is a problem with the tool.
    The compression tester sold at sears is a good one.
    Last edited by HondaCT90; 01-15-2017 at 12:37 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //