//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 Honda 200X

--
    Well I'll be damn....................no drilling required.

Last edited by knappyfeet; 09-18-2017 at 07:14 PM.

--
    My c clip is welded in good(rusted). Any tips. I broke the clip ends.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    My c clip is welded in good(rusted). Any tips. I broke the clip ends.
    In my case I let that area sit in wd40 overnight and it came off but was still stubborn.

I guess if I were in your shoes the first thing I would do is chemically remove the rust form that area. Chemically the 2 metals iron oxide (rust) bonded electrochemically with help from the current from the engine so I would use an evaporust or I like rustoleum rust dissolver to completely clean the area.

Then it would be just using small drill bits or a Dremel or something to be able to,use picks to get the remaining part of the clip off. But ultimately the rust needs to be dissolved completely......that is 80% of the job.

Good luck.

--
    Thanks for the tip. Your x is looking good.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Your x is looking good.
    Thank you

The bore is not bad but there is terrible corrosion all over. By the time the acid works on the corrosion.....it might work on the finish as well. Might have to paint the body.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170131_142604.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	239423

--
    I've been considering some wheel spacers..........I've checked on ebay but I don't know if they are good or crap.

I'm into this so far for $188. My budget for this is $400 so if I have anything left.........making it safer for my bride would be ideal. $50 of what was spent so far was a gift card at Amazon. ....it wasn't technically out of my pocket but none the less I want to stay in budget. Everything so far came from Motoworld or ebay......so either OEM or China stuff.

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-31-17-12-51-1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	239428

--
    Scratches on the swingarm........now you see them

Now you dont.....

Now that I'm part of a "team"......it will go faster
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 09-18-2017 at 07:15 PM.

--
    Hey Happy. You are going to have to remove the rear caliper to bleed it or something. Bleeder screw is on the downside. Air will be trapped in the top side.

Remove caliper and invert it and support it somehow and open up the bleeder screw. I let mine gravity bleed no problem.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Hey Happy. You are going to have to remove the rear caliper to bleed it or something. Bleeder screw is on the downside. Air will be trapped in the top side.

Remove caliper and invert it and support it somehow and open up the bleeder screw. I let mine gravity bleed no problem.
    Thanks for the tip.

Broke this fastener off at the head. It's for the heat shield of the headpipe. I guess this will make up for the easy rear master disassembly.

Name:	20170201_181842.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	239461

--
    Used the Eastwood Zinc kit to plate the old rusty master pin. I use both the the Eastwood and Caswell kits and the Caswell is superior but for this part........the Eastwood is just fine

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

--
    The front end may be a little "outta wack". The reason there is 2 different sliders on the front is one was really badly bent. Without getting everything measured out.......I simply used my sight and replaced the one fork that was very bent with a used one from an earlier year. But it still rides a little "cockeyed" and the axle holes don't lineup exactly straight.......indicating to me perhaps the other was slightly bent as well.

--
    A couple more "not so exciting parts in" and the rear master finished.

I thought I had some low gloss clear but I did not. So I cleared the master with high gloss to protect from brake fluid. Also I cut the mounting tab from the exhaust and found I have about 3 or 4 threads left on the other side.............so I'm going to weld it and see if it works.

--
    I wish the old gang was back. The only one I have left is in the middle. You can see how bad the forks where bent.......sometimes I wonder if something else isn't messed up as well.

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-07-18-05-40-1.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	239608
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 02-07-2017 at 10:24 PM. Reason: bad picture

--
    I'm going to service the exhaust system and use it......all in an effort to make my budget.

When I mean "service" it I mean fill the holes, clean the inside and install new gaskets......and de-rust anything and paint. This entire exhaust system was "loosey goosey".......primarily from the shaking loose head guard on the head pipe and non existent gasket at the header to muffler connection. A couple pics from the inspection camera of the inside indicates not much carbon build up. Maybe I'll just burn the inside.........that technique works well.

Inspection camera photos not great but you get the idea.

--
    Now that I got the inspection camera out ................piston looks a little carboned but the walls look clean and nice. The exhaust valve is crusty.

The pictures suck compared to viewing the camera but just to get an idea.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //