//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 Honda 200X

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    How did the rear brakes work out? Bleed out ok? How did you do it?
    The brakes bled out fine. I used a medical syringe and vinyl tubing.

It's nice to have predictable rear braking.

The front works but I will at minimum bleed the system.......I'm hoping the fluid is not to clumpy.

--
    Shroud cleaned up nicely. I'm going to need to paint the skid plate as it has seen many better days. The switch still looks nice but I will need to disassemble and clean/grease the internals as its a little difficult and clumsy to switch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170225_151837.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	240089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170225_151850.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	240090
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 02-25-2017 at 07:29 PM.

--
    Forgot to add........had some extra black molding lying around and I wanted to use it up so I put it around the lower edge of the tank. So 80s....whatever.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

--
    Hey knappy, nice bit of work you have going on. Not sure about the moulding on the lower edge of the tank though, do you think that may serve as a moisture catchment area? I'd hate to see that survivor fuel tank start to rust.

I love this thread, just goes to show what a bit of elbow grease can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OZQUAD44 View Post
    Hey knappy, nice bit of work you have going on. Not sure about the moulding on the lower edge of the tank though, do you think that may serve as a moisture catchment area? I'd hate to see that survivor fuel tank start to rust.

I love this thread, just goes to show what a bit of elbow grease can do.
    Thank you sir.

You know.....I never gave it much thought concerning the moulding but your right. I can see where it could become a problem. Thanks for the heads up. I may remove it but at bare minimum I will keep a watchful eye on it.

Just want to add/edit.......for me this is an exercise in using simple elbow grease and attention to make improvements to things and be thrifty at the same time. I can easily blow past my $400 budget but the fun is trying to stay within that budget....all the while getting as much done as possible.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    The switch still looks nice but I will need to disassemble and clean/grease the internals...
    And get some new screws.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    And get some new screws.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    Haha......yeah they do look ugly don't they?

I'm going to dip them in phosphoric acid and clean them up. At the rate some are asking for OEM stuff that might be $20 a fastener

--
    I thought the headlight guard was bent from a rollover or something but looking at it closer.....it looks like it was welded crooked when manufactured. I might leave it off. You can see the sand and dirt on the inside of the switch........probably from many years of Imperial Invasions prior to me owning it.

--
    Any thoughts or tips "tubing" an old tire? Front will hold air for about 3 days. When riding it will loose air in a day. Has some pretty nice age wear. I'd like to keep the tire as its original to the machine. The rears will hold air just fine.

--
    Knappy, replace the tyre mate. That is not something I would skimp on.

My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    I would leave it on there and if you decide to sell it, include a better tire with the sale and list the tire in the paperwork.

I might try to slime it myself, just to see if it would hold air.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    If you`re gonna sell it ......replace that tire........ I .....hurt myself today......because knappy did`nt change that tire .......everyone i know goes away in the end ......what do you do in Vegas ? .....are you the counting cars dude ? .....or ricks restorations ?
    No......I'm not as cool as those cats.

I'm more like the....."I won the money...........the money is mine"..... dude from Vegas vacation

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OZQUAD44 View Post
    Knappy, replace the tyre mate. That is not something I would skimp on.

Quote Originally Posted by 83ATC185 View Post
    I would leave it on there and if you decide to sell it, include a better tire with the sale and list the tire in the paperwork.

I might try to slime it myself, just to see if it would hold air.
    It's like ebay wants all the money from my pocket and they want to touch my pee pee for a new Pro Vector.......geez! Even the used ones are not that much less and from the photos, they may not be much better than I have.....except they hold air.

I'll get a new one....you guys are right. What are all the popular kids buying these days....Cheng Chin?......Kenda?

They are not my favorite brands but I guess it's better than what I got.

Last edited by knappyfeet; 03-03-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: added the word ebay

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    I'd like to keep the tire as its original to the machine.
    I would like to keep my teeth instead as they are original to my mouth.

--
    I'll get a new one....you guys are right. What are all the popular kids buying these days....Cheng Chin?......Kenda?
    I don't like 2 ply tires but the Kenda K284 would probably be the closest looking to the Vector.

$56.00 NO TAX FREE SHIPPING

https://www.amazon.com/Kenda-K284-AT.../dp/B005D2CP7Q

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //