//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 Honda 200X

--

1985 Honda 200X

As some of you know I sold this 200 to a very nice neighbors son before Halloween. I collected the $400 and it continued to sit in my garage til last week when I gave him back his money. It sat here and I thought there wasn't much interest so we discussed it and everyone is happy with no I'll will/bad feelings by either of us.......in fact I feel everyone has a sense of relief.

The entire reason for selling was there wasn't enough room for this and a 250R. I haven't found a 250R yet so I thought I would just bring this up to speed and try to make the room for both. Also....there is a good chance an old 79 FL250 odyssey might find its way to our possession but that's later. So for now.....I want to address this little units problems and perform routine maintenance.......perhaps an exhaust as some fine tuning was always an interest to me. If for whatever reason when the R finds its way to my possession and the 2 don't get a long I will figure out what to do next.

Just a couple of pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161231_140549.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	238172

Name:	20161231_140435.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	238170

Name:	20161231_140413.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	238171
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 08-24-2017 at 10:55 AM.

--
    Yeah I remember this deal. That is a nice trike for that kinda money.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    If it looks as good in person as it does in the photo and there is nothing major wrong with it I will gladly give you $400.00 for it so please let me know . I may (or may not ) live just up the 15 freeway north of you . You can pm me regarding it if you want.

Hope you have a safe and happy New Years Eve.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Sweet trike!

If you do sell it beware of buyers that ask for credit terms. Seems to be a few deadbeats out there as of late.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Thanks guys. It runs great and minimal valve line noise. By looking at the bolts and some other fasteners.......the motor looks to be a virgin...never opened.

There were a couple of members here locally who were interested and if I remember 468 is just a little up north so it would go to someone who can see it in person.

But for now I'm just going to do the maintenance and use it. It is leaking from adjustment covers o rings.....maybe somewhere underneath. It leaked noticibly when I did my own personal imperial invasion 2015......that's where the dust came from.

Name:	20161231_145457.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	238189
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 09-18-2017 at 07:07 PM.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    There were a couple of members here locally who were interested and if I remember 468 is just a little up north so it would go to someone who can see it in person.
    Yup, near Lake Elsinore which is only around 70 miles from the bay and the boat harbor in SD so it's an easy drive straight down the 15 if you are in that general area . I can come down in what now seems to be a "collectible" 10 cylinder Dodge Ram Dually and we can toss it in there . I for one definitely won't be asking to make payments, lol . If we come down it might also be a good excuse to rent a boat at the harbor again afterwards . We have done that a few times and like to just cruise around and check out the huge battleships and yachts etc.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    I can come down in what now seems to be a "collectible" 10 cylinder Dodge Ram Dually and we can toss it in there .
    What year Dodge Dually? IMO, no way would a gas engine Dually be a collector. Especially if it was produced during the years the 12 valve cummins were used.

Knappy, like you said, I'd hold onto and use it.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    What year Dodge Dually? IMO, no way would a gas engine Dually be a collector. Especially if it was produced during the years the 12 valve cummins were used.
    It is a 2001 and I put the word collectible in quotations to try and suggest that the comment was meant more in jest than in fact, however, for some reason many people that see it comment about it and several have asked me if I will sell it including one of the gardeners that occasionally comes over to do some work on our yard whom calls me about it a couple times a month . I bought it around 10 years ago for $7,000.00 and have been offered a fair bit more than that recently . It has a mini cab with doors and a shell and running boards and heated leather seats and factory wheel caps etc and currently only has around 43,000 miles on it and it is in near mint condition.

--
    That is very low miles on that year Dodge! The 2nd generation Dodge Ram is a sought after truck(especially ones with the Cummins). They are getting harder to find in nice condition.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Oh barn .........happy Norco to you ! ........twas a week before x-mas coming home from Veggy ........2 hr. delay in Norco makes me realize any thing north of Temeca-leca-high .......meca-chiney-hole ........sucks donkey balls !!!!........ and those `01 dog-ram pickup`s look like a schlong that was made by Peterbilt .......don`t do it Knappy !!!!! GTFO
    Not quite Norco thank God and fortunately the traffic here is only moderately bad during busy hours, however, that is fairly irrelevant to me since I rarely need to leave our little house on the hill and most of the time when I do need to leave I can do it when I want so I won't be stuck in the fracas . The freeways North of us are basically stopped during traffic hours, it's nuts . Lots of people that work in LA and OC thought it would be a brilliant idea to buy a house in the IE where they were half the price then spend over 2 hours each way going to and from work.

I hate driving long distances now especially since "I can't drive 55!" so I started taking Southwest to Vegas even though Vegas isn't all that far away . We either fly out of O.C. or Ontario cuz their close and not nearly the zoo that LA is.

....and Knappy....yes do it and do it soon!

--
    I thought you were insane for selling it for that price but I understood why. But I'm glad it worked in your favor??

But again, clean it up and throw it on eBay. You will triple that price tag easy. In PA, an all OEM western trike like that is easily $1,200. Easily. Good luck brother, I hope you find a home for someone who can appreciate what it is and how it's been preserved. I'm kinda glad a young kid didn't get it. Even though all us trike nuts started somewhere beating the snot out of a nice trike.

--
    Hey Knappy theres a nice 250R on c-list in San Marcos he`s asking 1,900 i`d try 15 ........are you coming out for invasion ?
    Hey glamy...........I don't think I'm going to make it. My sister in law from Ohio is coming out mid week for a trip to Vegas....presidents day stuff. I might try to scoot out there for a day or so just to meet some folks and put a face to the name. Where are you guys setting up?

I did that before on another forum but I just set up my avatar on Fiesta island. One guy said he saw it from the 5. Had a great time with family and new friends red cupping the brewskies.........but you know the fuzz knows what's up. I guess they see a bunch of fat old guys listening to classic country and pay little attention.....unlike the youngsters being held upside down for the beer anima......... crazy niggas.

I didn't see the one in San Mucus but apparently Jimmie Johnsons old 85 R is in Alpine on CL. $2000

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/snw/5928711520.html

Last edited by knappyfeet; 09-18-2017 at 07:08 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Where are you guys setting up?
    I'm not on FB where all the talk and buss about this years Invasion but believe camp will be located in the same location as the last couple years "Dune Buggy Flats". As the Invasion starts on Friday 2/10 there's no reason the San Diego locals can't drive 2 hours east and send the day with fellow travelers.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	238207
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    On a baseball diamond ........right center feild or ? .......anything i can help you with knappy just LMK . .....any ring chatter at idle ?
    I'm going to ride up there on Monday on my DR. I'm working the weekend and leaving for Vegas Wednesday so Monday will probably be it..........unless I can scoot out of work early on Sunday and just bring the rv and everything up on Sunday. I guess I just need to know what to look for..........a whole bunch of trikes?

Thanks for the words of encouragement ghost. I'm happy it's here still but mine.

--
    Hey good morning Knappy , I'm still interested in the trike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    * 1970 US90 Red
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Helm&Son, Bandito /3D springer. ( Spaghetti Winder )
    * 1978 ATC 90/128 Bandito / Ace Williams Springer.
    * 1980 ATC 110/ ? Helm&Son, Dickson Full Suspended
    * 1981 ATC 110 MTC Full Supended
    * 1985 ATC 200s
    *1986 ATC 250R/310 2"+ Westcoast Swinger

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jwheeler760

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //