//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Paddle tire recommendation

--

Paddle tire recommendation

I am currently building a 450x trike and I plan to take it to glamis next year to full fill my dream to ride there at least once. I am thinking about running the sand star paddles on the rear. I have ordered a 22x8x10 front tire in a sand star, and I'm thinking about running the sand star rears in a 20x10x10. What do you sand regulars recommend for the rear? Pros and cons of a 10inch vs an 8 inch rim.

--
    No sand regular, but I can say that the tire on the 10" rim will have less sidewall flex for better handling. That's assuming that we're talking about the same height tire for both rim sizes.

--
    I like the looks of the 10 inch rears, wonder how easy they are to ding up?

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    those will be fine .. i run 9's and 10's on all my machines,, sand stars will work just fine,,, let us know whan you plan on coming over ,,,

--
    What's a good time of year to go? I am planning on riding in glamis for three days, then going to see the Grand Canyon with my boys. I'm going to make it a big road trip.

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    8 paddle skat track haulers for me.

9 or 10 paddle haulers are better for hooking up and worse for sliding.

For drag racing use 9 or 10 paddle skat track haulers.

The sand star tires are superb for hill climbing and drag racing too. Not so good for sliding.

The drag banshee guys use 8 inch rims to reduce rotational mass. They also use more of a ballon type tire for floating on top of the sand.

I use 10 inch rims and 20 inch tall skat trak haulers.

They hook up ok...

But they slide and carve fantastically.

You can't have it all.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    Hey, Bottom, the Imperial Invasion is coming up. That would be a good time to go and meet other members.

--
    our season here is october to april, and the closer to the center of that will be the best,

--
    350, I saw the imperial invasion, may try to make it next year, but our trip will probably be close to April, don't mind the hotter temps. We're going to Yellowstone any the Grand Canyon also, so I think the warmer the better.

--
    After April 15th you no longer need a permit. If you are planning to go before that find a permit dealer that is not the Glamis Beach store. That way it will be $35 instead of $50. If you don't have the permit when you pull in, make sure you grab it at the Glamis Beach Store or Sweet Marie's sells them as well.

--
    How about camping? Is there any campsites with power and hookups? I have been watching doonies 1-3 and am super pumped! I am fully self contained but at least power would be nice.

--
    all dry camplng only,,, and you might be able to handle the heat but your machines wont,,,, there is ZERO humidity and thats needed to keep your machines cooled down,,,, 100 degree wind with no humidity running through a radiator does nothing for cooling,,,,, i say make it as early as you can,,, its ZERO fun in the dunes when its hot and 10 times worse when your brokedown,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

--
    I am interested in what I believe to be a relatively new paddle tire by Sedona, called the Cyclone.
    Maybe this is a good option if you'll be buying new?
    http://www.amazon.com/Pair-Sedona-Cy...dp/B00BV7URGI/

I have yet to find fault in anything technical posted by KASEY, and must defer to his brilliance and craftsmanship. Especially because I've never had a set of paddles

That never stopped me from sharing what I think though ...from what I've read, some of the lesser brands of paddle tires work just fine on lower powered machines. With a 450x, ScatTrak seems very wise, especially when you score some lightly used, mounted haulers for less.

I'll be going with 8" diameter wheels for rim protection, again not from experience, just like the way it looks
    The joys of contributing on the interwebs, please excuse my opinions.
    Hopefully the link to Sedona Cyclones makes up for a teensy bit of my abundant ignorance.
    Looking forward to seeing more of the 450X build!!
    Don

--
    I've have Sedona mud tires on my Prairie 400. They seem to do ok (not a big mud junkie), but they seem to wear pretty quickly. That's the only Sedona tire I have experience with. The price is reasonable enough. I say they're worth a try.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //