//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200M to 200 "Swamp Donkey" = 2-wheel conversion

--

200M to 200 "Swamp Donkey" = 2-wheel conversion

Not as pretty as a missile kit, and a long way to go, but I think something good will happen

First mock-up pic
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5792.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	238295

Using a random Honda swing arm I picked up from a guy. Had to cut it in half and figuring out how WIDE it needs to be

Name:	IMG_5803.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	238296

As it sits with the swing-arm in place.

Name:	IMG_5804.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	238297

--
    This was a picked over parts bike when I got it. The forks are off the other parts bike that came with the truckload of stuff.

The engine for the bike is a stock 200, tearing into that as well. So far, it looks decent inside.

Needs:
    Cam tensioner and guide for sure.
    Replacing the timing chain, clutch pack and springs because I'm there
    Spark plug
    Gasket set
    Coil
    Rewired, etc

--
    The front end has about 16 degrees of rake, most dirt bikes are around 26-28 from what I've read.

Might need to pie-cut the frame and weld it back together. Maybe just switch to a shorter rear tire (go to a 22" from the 25" on there)

--
    Awesome project man, that'll be a lot of fun once it's on its feet. Keep the pictures coming!
    1982 Honda ATC200E Big Red
    1987 Chevrolet Scottsdale R10

--
    Installed a Lifan 200cc 5 speed manual trans this evening.

This engine is a direct bolt in to the frame. Stock mounts and bolts used. Had to cut part of the crossmember out under the motor to clear the oil drain. That was it.

Using the stock Honda intake manifold. We'll see how the Lifan carb works.

Electrically, I bought the Lifan wiring harness and I'll clean that up to use it. It will be electric start. I bought a switch cluster for a TRX that includes the run/off/start and headlight switches. Battery box will be welded back in somewhere.

The output shaft splines aren't the same as the Honda, but there are a couple of sprockets out there that will work. Haven't taken final measurements to figure out which 520 sprocket I'll end up using.

Exhaust will be determined soon. Right now, there's an old Honda header on there, but I really want a quiet system. This is a slow, torque machine, not a racer.

This will need a jackshaft and that hasn't been figured out yet... Going to get the motor running first.

--
    love these builds. interested to see how this one turns out!

--
    this will be awesomely interesting. subbed
    1984 ATC 70
    1985 ATC 250sx sold
    1986 Yamaha 225 DRSsold

--
    Update: Installed a LIFAN 200cc engine into the chassis. Direct fit. Once I got a replacement CDI, it fired right up and ran fine. Not sure how the exhaust will work yet...

Interesting note, the Lifan sprocket shaft is the same size as a later Honda 4 wheeler, 6 spoke, 20mm OD, 17mm ID, 5mm width. Found a JT Sprockets JTF1324.11 11T Steel Front Sprocket to be the perfect fit.

Picked up a 52 tooth rear, building this for low-speed torque, not a racer. Have to decide how to attach sprocket flange to the wheel axle tube. Going to need a custom offset flange or have to build a new axle tube and weld the brake and wheel flanges to it.

Still deciding whether to extend the sprocket shaft or install a jackshaft to clear the rear tire. Need about 3.25" of offset, so it isn't a simple thing...

Also haven't decided between a soft or hard tail. For the purpose, I think the hard tail will be fine and less complicated to make.

Other than that, its all but done, not! : )

--
    I'm taking it as u know a lot about 3wheelers and motors? I'm in need of some help. I need to figure out what kind of motor is got on mine. The numbers I can't find a match to do u know where I could find it out?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //