//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon's Tri-Z Build Thread

--
    Use a blaster engine, that would be cool!

Sorry i dont have any extra covers.

--
    Also Propane doesn't get hot enough to do anything. Go pick up some MAPP gas.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Brandon, I just looked at the cover on my 85 Tri Z and it is aluminum, therefore, your cover can easily be repaired by and experienced aluminum welder.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    thankfully I have no need for oem or original VIN (registration not required in Georgia) so whether they are a dime a dozen or if there is not one left in the world the fact remains I need one, or I need to fix mine.

If anybody has one or knows where I can source one that would be great but first we will attempt to fix this one and try not to make it an eye sore lol.... it will be powdered black anyway so probably won't ever be able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlowe2 View Post
    thankfully I have no need for oem or original VIN (registration not required in Georgia) so whether they are a dime a dozen or if there is not one left in the world the fact remains I need one, or I need to fix mine.
    There is no vin on a clutch cover.

If anybody has one or knows where I can source one that would be great but first we will attempt to fix this one and try not to make it an eye sore lol.... it will be powdered black anyway so probably won't ever be able to tell.
    I suggested in a previous post that you send 3 Wheel Drive a pm and ask him.

That can be repaired to be 100% perfect on the outside if someone competent is doing it . I have done it several times . Save the broken pieces and give them to the welder.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    3 wheel drive says he does not have one.... fixing it will be the way we go!

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    3 wheel drive says he does not have one.... fixing it will be the way we go!
    Make sure the welder you use knows for certain what he is doing, otherwise you might end up with a bigger hole than you started with.

--
    Brenden yaeger is doing my rebuild and he said his welder is really good so if he trusts him I trust him

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    Brenden yaeger is doing my rebuild and he said his welder is really good so if he trusts him I trust him
    I wouldn't let anyone do it without the condition that it be perfect on the outside otherwise they will not get paid . The most it should cost is around $120.00 . If someone wants much more than that I would send it elsewhere.

--
    Since you are having it rebuilt, you should have the cases checked where the cylinder mounts for being both level where the 2 halves meet and for being flat . I would do the same with the cylinder base because both of these can warp.

I would also get some type of warranty in writing for the work performed from whomever builds it.

--
    Hey guys.... I didn't mean to open a can of worms here.... but at the end of the day, I don't care where the cover comes from as long as it says Yamaha.

I will make sure the guy knows what he is doing.... his reputation precedes him as doing very high quality work

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    Barnett what year Z do you have?

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    Barnett what year Z do you have?
    1985 black and yellow.

--
    Nice..... well if any of y'all see a cover for sale let me know. Hopefully the weld job will go good.... I'm off to cut the swingarm off!

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    Oh, and Barnett post pics of your Z here (and anybody else in this thread with a Z). I wanna see all the Z builds I can to get ideas for mine

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //