//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon's Tri-Z Build Thread

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I appreciate the offer but +10 is a little more than I would want.... I would consider a +1 or +2 but anything more than that I would not be interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlowe2 View Post
    Oh, and Barnett post pics of your Z here (and anybody else in this thread with a Z). I wanna see all the Z builds I can to get ideas for mine
    I would gladly post photos of it for you, however, mine is 100% stock except for the rear tires, hand grips, and dead mans kill switch, therefore there aren't really any "ideas" you could get from it . You can find several modified Z's on the internet and a few on Ebay mostly in the "Expired Auctions" section if you want to see some different setups.

If you want to modify the engine there are several here that can offer their experiences with that . I can tell you that there are a few different exhaust pipes for them and they vary from one another in the type of power they produce so pipe selection is important . Also there are some fairly standard mods that can be done to increase power, however, in most cases, increasing power with the stock displacement will raise the overall operating range of the engine which means that it will have less bottom end power but will typically rev farther and most of these mods are NOT what I would suggest if you are not riding it hard and are more into just recreational cruising around . This being said, there is one mod that typically benefits mos engines throughout the entire rpm range which is increased compression, however, there is a threshold where the compression gets so high that the engine requires the use of race gas which is very expensive . This point is around 170 - 180 psi of cranking compression . There is another option to race gas that is less expensive and which can be added to regular gas to increase the octane and it works fine for some apps but it does not have the additional cooling capacity that regular race gas does . An additional option for some high compression engines is E85 which is mostly alcohol . Changing from regular gas to race gas or E85 etc requires changing the jetting at the very least and in some cases requires changing the timing.

Some Tri Z builds.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tri+...HaJECUIQsAQIGQ

TEL LEAD ADDITIVE

http://www.wildbillscorvette.com/octanesupreme01a.htm

TRI-Z "WRENCH REPORT" FOR ENGINE MODIFICATIONS

http://www.quadpit.com/mags/1985/3-4...port-tri-z.htm

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Brandon's Tri-Z Build Thread

Ok.... I was just curious to see your ride.... stock or not I think it's cool to see other members that I get to talk to rides.... I've seen most of the Z's on google images Facebook trike-daily and YouTube....

The wrench report is an awesome upgrade and is actually on "the list" of what will be done to mine.

I will check out the other links you provided.

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    How did you install your kill switch? That's something I want to add to mine.... would love to see your ride man

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Ok.... I was just curious to see your ride.... stock or not I think it's cool to see other members that I get to talk to rides.... I've seen most of the Z's on google images Facebook trike-daily and YouTube....

How did you install your kill switch? That's something I want to add to mine.... would love to see your ride man

The wrench report is an awesome upgrade and is actually on "the list" of what will be done to mine.

I will check out the other links you provided.
    Ok, I will post it for you in a few days . I can't do it right now because it's raining hard here nearly every day, but at the moment it is nothing special to look at as it needs some detailing which I will get around to after I finish up a few vintage car projects I am currently working on.

As you probably know, there are different levels of modifications in the wrench report, and if you do ANY of the wrench report cylinder mods at all, I suggest you start with the phase 1 mod and see how you like that first . It's very easy to do additional porting to a cylinder, however, it seems to be a little harder to "unport" one.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    How did you install your kill switch?
    That was on it when I got it but I will post photos of it for you . It's wired the same as the one on "The TECATE....The Worlds Most Powerful 3 Wheeler." that I raced in the Pro class which is basically just an ignition wire interrupter.

--
    I'm pretty set on a new axle, however I had not even considered your idea. What wheels do you have?

ITP. You can get them at Rocky Mountain ATV and they are off-set.

If you do decide to get a clutch cover and cases to replace whatever broke (I would), from what I've seen on eBay you'll be better off buying a complete trike with a decent engine and good cover and part out what you don't need once yours is together than buying a complete engine, or a good clutch cover. The motors seem to be going for more than whole trikes on eBay and the last clutch cover I saw listed was close to $300. They don't come up much anymore.

The idea that matching numbers are important on an ATV that you plan to equip with Baja lights, an extended swing-arm and ride is laughable, but considering the source of concern I'm sure you realize that.

I see you mushroomed the axle pretty good. Take it easy on that trike, a is the most dangerous tool in the box.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Brandon, on Sunday I will pm the photos of my Tri Z and kill switch setup to you that you requested if it stops raining and I get a chance, but again, it is nothing special . I am busy most of the day tomorrow trying to buy a few vehicles on an online vehicle auction . They also have a very nice Kawasaki LAKOTA quad I am going to try and buy.

3 Wheel Drive has a nice Z that has been modified and maybe he will post a couple photos of his for you.

As far as the LED headlight and dry cell battery question you pm'd me about goes, I haven't forgotten and will try and let you know about that on Sunday as well, however, for now I can tell you that I wouldn't use an extreme distance spot light with your other light or for your particular app and will explain in more detail why when I reply.

--
    Thanks Members for deleting some of your posts. I have cleaned the others that don't pertain to the subject at hand. Please keep your posts on point.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Heres a few pics of my build:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0521.JPG   IMG_0529.JPG   IMG_0629.JPG   IMG_0717.JPG   IMG_0716.JPG   IMG_0715.JPG  

--
    Heres a few more pics, I don't have a current one. Ive replaced the stock tank with one of Jesweinharts top tanks since the rebuild, right now I'm replacing the stock swinger with a Calfab. Ill probably get a new axle because my old one I had powdered chrome that turned to after riding it a lot. I also powdered the rear carrier and the triples, the triples still look good now.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0733.JPG   IMG_0734.JPG   IMG_0750.JPG   IMG_1665.jpg   IMG_1648.JPG   motohose.JPG  

--

Brandon's Tri-Z Build Thread

That is very cool! Thanks for sharing the pics.... glad to see the carbon fiber plastics since that is what I am planning on doing!

How do you like your sprock cool head? What octane gas do you run?

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    I had the pump gas dome and a few different size domes but ended up selling them. I ended up having my cylinder head milled slightly for higher compression, basically did all the wrench report phase 2 mods to the cylinder.

For larger carbs like the 38mm PWK, you need to use a banshee thumb throttle and cable to open the carb all the way. The stock cable and thumb throttle wont do it.

--
    I got my Z back in 2012 and have made a lot of modifications to it over the years. It's an amazing machine and beats my 86 250R and 86 Tecate in a number of areas. I scored an NOS Bassani pipe on ebay and it provides a huge hit when you're on the pipe. I would highly recommend the Sprock cool head, intake, and wrench report mods. I didn't raise the exhaust port, however, as it already has enough top end. I plan on taking it down to the frame soon and repainting everything. I also want to get some aftermarket radiators for it. Here a some pictures and a list of the mods I've done.

Bassani pipe
    Sprock cool head
    Sprock intake manifold
    V-Force reeds
    Reed spacer
    Keihin 38mm Air Striker carb
    K&N filter
    Sprock billet clutch basket
    Sprock billet impeller
    Aftermarket foot pegs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070998.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	238928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070994.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	238929Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1071001.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	238930Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1071009.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1,004.0 KB 
ID:	238931Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1071012.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	238932
    Last edited by christph; 01-16-2017 at 12:26 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Wheel Drive View Post
    I had the pump gas dome and a few different size domes but ended up selling them. I ended up having my cylinder head milled slightly for higher compression, basically did all the wrench report phase 2 mods to the cylinder.

For larger carbs like the 38mm PWK, you need to use a banshee thumb throttle and cable to open the carb all the way. The stock cable and thumb throttle wont do it.
    I currently have a twist throttle on it... I know some people don't like them on trikes but I kind of like it... however, I might switch back.

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //