//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon's Tri-Z Build Thread

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I got my Z back in 2012 and have made a lot of modifications to it over the years. It's an amazing machine and beats my 86 250R and 86 Tecate in a number of areas. I scored an NOS Bassani pipe on ebay and it provides a huge hit when you're on the pipe. I would highly recommend the Sprock cool head, intake, and wrench report mods. I didn't raise the exhaust port, however, as it already has enough top end. I plan on taking it down to the frame soon and repainting everything. I also want to get some aftermarket radiators for it. Here a some pictures and a list of the mods I've done.

Bassani pipe
    Sprock cool head
    Sprock intake manifold
    V-Force reeds
    Reed spacer
    Keihin 38mm Air Striker carb
    K&N filter
    Sprock billet clutch basket
    Aftermarket foot pegs

Attachment 238928Attachment 238929Attachment 238930Attachment 238931Attachment 238932
    That is a nice Z! Yea I thought about looking for a Bassani pipe but they are as rare as rip.... I decided to go with a Kenny Roberts pipe.... he is building one for me in his "raw" finish.... I can't wait to see what it looks like, or how it performs!

I'm still on the fence about the sprock cool head....

I got the sprock I take and the v-force reeds and the sprock impeller ....

Planning on the 38mm air striker and already have k&n filter

I would love to be able to find a sprock clutch basket but I am coming up short with every lead I have.... I'm on "the list" if any more were to ever be made (which is a slim chance)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1983 Selvy 300R - Check out the Build Thread
    1985/86 Tri-Z - Build Thread Coming Soon
    1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

Youtube Channel "Lowe Off Road"

- Brandon

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlowe2 View Post
    Ok.... I was just curious to see your ride.... stock or not I think it's cool to see other members that I get to talk to rides.
    Ok, here's the photos you requested . As I mentioned, it's just stock and nothing special . I also took photos of the kill switch you asked about.

In case you were wondering about the cars . The red one next to it is my 67 mustang coupe that is going to France . The light Champagne one in front is my mint 91 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition with rare factory Continental Kit and factory gold spoke rims . I fixed the air ride suspension on it today . The one to the left of that is my 96 cougar XR7 that I'm selling

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

brandonlowe2 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I like it man thanks for the pics! I can't wait to have mine done and add pics here with all these great Z's!

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    I think you've viewed the one I just picked up, but now you can have several in one post.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161229_190310~2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	238946

Man O' Man..I really like the yellow bike above, & the"baja lights" someone used to make those for the Tri Z , I think it was Baja Designs..but its been discontinued..gotta find one
    & add some off road LED fixtures to that! :-)
    I need all the help I can get!

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Since it sounds like you are going to do at least some mods to your engine, I suggest you contact Harry Klemm and see what he suggests and see if he will do the porting and head mod for you . He did a lot of work for Kawi on the "mini" bikes and did the cylinders for me and Chris White and Donnie Luce on our Tecate race bikes . He also worked on some of the factory Honda's and made a National Pro kit for the Tri Z's but you definitely do NOT want that . Tell him I said hi.

http://www.klemmvintage.com/

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Man O' Man..I really like the yellow bike above, & the"baja lights" someone used to make those for the Tri Z , I think it was Baja Designs..but its been discontinued..gotta find one & add some off road LED fixtures to that! :-)
    This thread has a lot of info on off road lights and installing them on a bike.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ery-to-A-Tri-Z

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    This thread has a lot of info on off road lights and installing them on a bike.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ery-to-A-Tri-Z

Yes, Ive been following this with much intrest, your contribution has been greatly appreciated. In looking foreward to see what you both come up with for a final light build, Id like to replicate your electrical bluprint, but I will likley gave to utilize more cost effective LEDs on my budget..Ive been doing alot of research on diffrent lights. Im sure Im gonna find a dual beam setup at some point. Saw some today w spots & 60° floods in the same housing, just not tbe size I had in mind.
    LEDs are EVERYWHERE now...lol
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Yes, Ive been following this with much intrest, your contribution has been greatly appreciated. In looking foreward to see what you both come up with for a final light build, Id like to replicate your electrical bluprint, but I will likley gave to utilize more cost effective LEDs on my budget..Ive been doing alot of research on diffrent lights. Im sure Im gonna find a dual beam setup at some point. Saw some today w spots & 60° floods in the same housing, just not tbe size I had in mind.
    LEDs are EVERYWHERE now...lol
    Thanks for the kind words, but as I mentioned in that thread, I am NOT an electrical engineer and don't know everything there is to about it, however, I do know enough about lights and charging systems to set them up properly, and since no one else seemed to be posting much detailed info on that subject in that thread, I figured I would post what little I do know.

If you want a specific shape/size of LED headlight just pm me so we don't sidetrack this thread, and if I know of something that might work that is in your price range I will let you know, however, I am definitely not familiar with every light there is.

--
    Since it sounds like you are going to do at least some mods to your engine, I suggest you contact Harry Klemm and see what he suggests and see if he will do the porting and head mod for you . He did a lot of work for Kawi on the "mini" bikes and did the cylinders for me and Chris White and Donnie Luce on our Tecate race bikes . He also worked on some of the factory Honda's and made a National Pro kit for the Tri Z's but you definitely do NOT want that . Tell him I said hi.

http://www.klemmvintage.com/

Yea we talked to Harry back when I was considering his big bore kit... he is a great guy.

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    Yea we talked to Harry back when I was considering his big bore kit... he is a great guy.
    Yeah Harry is a great guy and I actually know him fairly well . I did some testing for both him and Dave Miller whom I also know fairly well as I was partially sponsored by Dave back in the mid 70's on a 125 Honda in the Motocross class when he had a shop called Miller Mano . He also sponsored Mike Raines and Tim Tolar at the time . Dave is a local legend in the So Cal area and there are several great stories about him.

Harry comes across as pretty laid back but he's a bit mischievous and quite hilarious in a subtle way . If you ever talk to him again ask him about the time he and I and a couple of mini racers were together in a rental car in Hurricane Mills Tennessee for Kawasaki and the Mini and Amateur Nationals and he tried to blow up the engine in it . I LMAO . Also ask him about trying to carry his tool bag onto the plane when we were boarding . They didn't want to let him take it because it had what they considered to be "dangerous" tools in it and he almost missed the plane . I told them that I seriously doubted that he could disassemble the plane with them before it landed but I don't think they were amused, lol . Anyway, they relented at the last second and let him on with them . Also ask him about our group getting kicked out of the Golf Course . I never knew those golf carts could hold so much beer and still go so fast.

--
    Ok, here's the photos you requested . As I mentioned, it's just stock and nothing special . I also took photos of the kill switch you asked about.

In case you were wondering about the cars . The red one next to it is my 67 mustang coupe that is going to France . The light Champagne one in front is my mint 91 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition with rare factory Continental Kit and factory gold spoke rims . I fixed the air ride suspension on it today . The one to the left of that is my 96 cougar XR7 that I'm selling

I have one of those kill switches where did you wire it?
    [/SIGPIC]
    85 350x
    83 200x-sold
    ×2 85 200x-sold
    06 kx250f-sold
    86 tecate-sold
    86 tri z powervalved
    85 BIG red
    18 rmz250
    87 lt80
    19 ttr110

--
    That is a nice Z! Yea I thought about looking for a Bassani pipe but they are as rare as rip.... I decided to go with a Kenny Roberts pipe.... he is building one for me in his "raw" finish.... I can't wait to see what it looks like, or how it performs!

I'm still on the fence about the sprock cool head....

I got the sprock I take and the v-force reeds and the sprock impeller ....

Planning on the 38mm air striker and already have k&n filter

I would love to be able to find a sprock clutch basket but I am coming up short with every lead I have.... I'm on "the list" if any more were to ever be made (which is a slim chance)

If you can't find a Sprock clutch basket you might try Talon (see link below). Talon makes high end hubs for motocross and their basket looks just like my Sprock except mine's anodized black.

http://finder.talon-eng.co.uk/produc...clutch-baskets

Here is the thread where you can find more information on the Talon hub. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...asket-question
    Last edited by christph; 01-16-2017 at 01:54 PM.

--
    I "might" have found a sprock basket.... my only question now is "if" my OEM basket is in good what does the sprock basket offer over stock? (I know if mine is in bad shape it's a no brained)

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

--
    I "might" have found a sprock basket.... my only question now is "if" my OEM basket is in good what does the sprock basket offer over stock? (I know if mine is in bad shape it's a no brained)

Over time clutch baskets develop groves where each plate wears into the basket fingers, causing the clutch to stick. With higher horsepower a billet basket also offers more strength and reliability. Sometimes you'll get better clutch feel, which I experienced by installing my Sprock basket. If your stock basket is in good condition you may not need one but a billet basket does have benefits.

--
    Depending on the price, I might go ahead and pick it up. What should one pay given the opportunity to buy one?

1985 Tri-Z
    1986 250sx
    1985 ATC70
    1985 ATC 200M

- Brandon

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //