//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Squares?

--

Squares?

Ok this is going to sound stupid But i really like it. I have no idea who started this term but once i read it, it has stuck to me. And I know of automotive guys who call some body styles squares. But I read somewhere some one refered to quads are squares. I thought about it for a minute and started to laugh.quads vs triangles. I use to think the golf cart term was funny. But squares for me for now on.
    The Green No More Red EVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate
    1984 KXT 250 Tecate Parts machine
    1985 KXT 250 Tecate My vintage racer
    1983 KX 250
    Proud member of
    3wheelerworld.com
    3wheeler.org
    Planettrike.com
    Airfoolers.com
    http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/s...ad.php?t=80907

--
    I knew some guys from Mattapan MA that called cigarettes "squares". I never found out why.
    Squares for quads is pretty funny, I like calling them golf carts too.
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

--
    "squares" that's another good name for quads. Back in the late 80's all me buddies whom bought them we called them "chairs".

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	238479
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

Newrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    We always called someone who didn't smoke or drink etc... squares , I've heard the term square for a cigarette used many times (I always thought it was cause the pack was square ) don't really know why though but a quad being a square kinda works

--
    My kid always says "Pants are for squares man" when I tell her to get dressed to go out. Then she tells me to "chillax" when I get pissed over her tardiness.
    It sucks to get old

Newrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Funny .... I can attest first hand on why Philly aka filthadelphia has a Nick name like that I moved to Jersey a couple years ago but was born and raised in Philly ..well I still work in Philly and comute every day .. I work in rough neiborhood in north Philly I get done work the other day walk over to my car and someone shytt on my car , it was kinda ridiculous on my bumper behind my license plate it even sprayed on my radiator lol city of brotherly love haha

--
    Quote Originally Posted by glamy View Post
    Chillax.......muvfacker ......give her the full data plan ......now !

It's more like "Chillax Dude". Still young enough to have some fun with. Every time we compete at something the winner taunts the other by telling they have "Suckasightis", "chronic Suckasightis" or "terminal Suckasightis" depending on the degree of defeat and how bad the looser sucked.

I guess I'll be paying for therapy soon.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Newrider View Post
    Funny .... I can attest first hand on why Philly aka filthadelphia has a Nick name like that I moved to Jersey a couple years ago but was born and raised in Philly ..well I still work in Philly and comute every day .. I work in rough neiborhood in north Philly I get done work the other day walk over to my car and someone shytt on my car , it was kinda ridiculous on my bumper behind my license plate it even sprayed on my radiator lol city of brotherly love haha
    Yeah Philly being the city of brotherly love is one of the most ironic things! Those peeps are the arm pits of the world. Kinda a funny story thought haha especially the radiator part!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Back in the day we used to refer to the quads as "Prams", which is an Aussie term for baby carriage.

As you may have guessed, There was little love lost between the trike and quad riders in some circles back then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //