//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My new Tri Z project.

--
    I set these in place tonight for a photo. I originally wanted this look, a desert (baja design) style wrap around guard. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170110_215658~2.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	238654
    This would look cool..but even these lights are 130 watts each...we'd have to get super creative to power up these..260 watts with some kind of super stator & the aftermarket LEDs probably deliver more light..thats amazing.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    This is what was used on the Larry Roessler, Ty Davis, Danny Hamel bike in 1994 to win the Baja 1000 . They are good even at more than 100 MPH.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    On reading up on the Tri Z, it states "Oil Bath" CDI. Cant say I've ever heard that? I've never heard of a average CDI unit requiring cooling?

Anyone care to school me on this, and any pros & cons.

--
    I was browsing Ricky Stators website & came across this , ("AC to DC converter" kit.)

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...-Converter.asp

From what I read, It eliminates the need for a stator rewind, rectifier, system ground rework. Although it stated its use is to be used. "as part" of one of their existing baja designs lighting assemblies? What is it? & could we build it? EDIT: I think it might be a combination if a capacitor(battery eliminator/ diode etc.. I looked at YOU TUBE & Googled AC to DC converter, & more reading popped up than I can read before I go to work..looks like our adventure bike/ Enduro brothers have this type of project well documented

If utilizing their lights..its a nice goal..and now that Im thinking about it..if it allows one to use their existing 100% stock electrical system..it might actually be CHEAPER than retrofitting the electrical system. Depending upon light fixture cost of course. Ricky Stator do have some paired LED lights for around $350..

Id like to learn more about this ; its pros & cons as well as the price too, I did not see anything regarding cost.?

I'm torn between a baja style twin round lights (HID or LED) vs. retrofitting the stock headlights w LEDs.

"Hella" looks to have some cost effective LEDs in 7" round housings..& some possibly viable LED fixtures as well if going w retrofitting the stock fixture.

Lights appear like they will be no problem sourcing, as after researching for a couple of weeks, there is a plethora of them on the market for virtually any budget.
    Last edited by this old rz; 01-21-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    I need all the help I can get!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //