//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rusty tanks.

--
    Best stuff on the market is called metal rescue. Get it home depot 25.00 a gallon. Fill the tank up let it sit for a few days. No bull. Its water base, doesn't effect paint. No mess.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86BigRedHonda View Post
    Best stuff on the market is called metal rescue. Get it home depot 25.00 a gallon. Fill the tank up let it sit for a few days. No bull. Its water base, doesn't effect paint. No mess.
    Yup! The tank is sitting full of it in the garage right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I have a couple 70 tanks I'm about to do. Would you guys skip the screws inside the tank, and just use the metal rescue?
    One of my tanks I filled with about 3k bb's and tapped it to the inside of the tractor tire for a couple weeks. But haven't done much with it since. Not sure how well that worked.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooose View Post
    I have a couple 70 tanks I'm about to do. Would you guys skip the screws inside the tank, and just use the metal rescue?
    One of my tanks I filled with about 3k bb's and tapped it to the inside of the tractor tire for a couple weeks. But haven't done much with it since. Not sure how well that worked.
    I would just use metal rescue it works great!

--
    I"m no expert on the subject, but i think that if you have a lot of loose rust in the bottom of the tank, you'd want to remove most of that first. Shake it out, blow it out, or something like that. I'd think that it would make the rust remover work more effectively.

--
    I figured I'd empty/ clean it out before. I plan on powder coating the outside then sealing the inside after.
    Guess I'll just give it a go and see how it works out.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooose View Post
    I figured I'd empty/ clean it out before. I plan on powder coating the outside then sealing the inside after.
    Guess I'll just give it a go and see how it works out.
    Yeah that's a good plan.
    I am in the process of priming then I am going to use automotive paint for the tank.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //