//ArrowChat Code

Thread: TRI Z rear brake caliper & swingarm info required.

--

TRI Z rear brake caliper & swingarm info required.

Someone actually welded the brake pad backing plate to my caliper, & its made a mess out of the rear disk assembly.

1.) Are there replacements (rebuilt units) avail, or a bolt-on(interchangable) caliper swap anyone has utilized ? Also is 85 diffrent than 86 ? Either way I'll need to buy one and a fresh disk.

2.) Are the 85 and 86 swingarms different? What parts are specificlly interchangable with other models ? (carrier & axles etc... This bike came w widened axles I'd like to identify exactly what I'm working with as the bike is made up of diffrent year components.

Thanks.

--
    You can use banshee parts like the calipers, master cylinders, rear axles, hubs on the tri z. Blaster and some Raptor parts swap too, the rear shock and wheel hubs.

There was a thread with lots of info on this simewhere on the forum.

--
    Okay..trying to get some info straight & clear...Ive read through several lists..but there is opposing opinions. Please no "I thinks or I heard"..lol. Just definates. Time & $ are not on my side
    Those who know look this over when you can & let me know if the following is correct & anything you think I should know.

1.) Is the Tri Z rear brake caliper ( direct swap )w Banshee.

2.) Rear carrier IS NOT interchangable with Banshee nor any other machine, Its Tri Z specific.

3.) Axles & hubs from Banshee are interchangable or any combination therof? And does this affect rims.
    ( I'm not sure exactly what I have on the Tri Z? but my tires are spaced 49 inches wide). Here are a few pics, let me know if this is any help identifying what is on this project.
    Attachment 238873

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170110_220246.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	238876

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170110_220152.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	238875
    Last edited by this old rz; 01-15-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    I need all the help I can get!

poolieZerUK is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Don't know what caliper that is.

But it's not for a tri-z

You will have to search for "interchangeable parts for the tri-z" on here and read it through though it's a bit of a chore.

--
    Yes, thats not a Tri Z caliper..the seller tried modding on a streetbike caliper on there ..I have the orig one, but its hacked to hell & back. The parts bike I'm buying hopefully has one i can rebuild as well as a stock shock, so I can delete whats on the bike now.
    Last edited by this old rz; 01-15-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    tri-z front and rear caipers are the same, if you got one on your parts bike
    banshee axle is almost identical, only difference is you have more threads for the two locking nuts
    banshee hubs fit but have a larger bolt pattern, blaster hubs are a direct fit with tri-z

--
    I used a yamaha warrior rear shock on my TriZ and it was a direct fit so maybe check out some warrior parts for the rear end and brakes, also I ran YFZ450 rear hubs and rims
    3 wheelaholic

ATC200/CR480 custom

1984 atc250r near mint

wr450f trike on the way

Trizinger for my sons

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //