//ArrowChat Code

Thread: field find and restore well kinda

--

field find and restore well kinda

so i just got my yamaha and i am looking for more info you know cos knowledge is power
    dnr says it is a 1981 ytm 200 not too sure about that but the paperwork is there and works
    no it is not hot i checked local pd where i got it and my local pd was last registered in 2000 was parked in 2005 but that is all i know

I got it running and bought myself new tires

the bad

the oil is a grayish green color i have changed and ran 3 times now
    it is getting better it was chunky with no flakes the first change before i ran it

i am unsure the year and model but i have a numbers matching (i have looked at the vin decoding thread i dont understand it)

got a small light problem didn't think they worked revved up the lights came on and blew out
    now i got to find bulbs that is proving kinda hard

but anyway hi everyone how's it going?
    you can call me chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170101_221117.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	238655Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15820756_1204327659602488_467288494_o.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	238656

--
    I can say that it does look like a YTM200, but they didn't come out until 83 or 84.

--
    Yeah I think it is a paperwork problem but the good thing is the numbers came up with something and it is not stolen and was able to register it

--
    Anyone want to see the oil? It's yummy looking plan on doing another oil and filter change this week I'll get a picture

--
    Grayish-green oil> It sounds like someone may have got a little water in there. What I did on my Ninja when the water pump went out was to use the cheapest oil I could find to flush it with. My thinking was that it's just going to be ruined anyway so why use high quality expensive oil? I filled it, ran it for 10 or 15 minutes then drained it out. I think I did this 4 times. When the oil looked clear when I drained it, I let it drain overnight to get as much as I could out. The next day, I changed the filter and refilled with Kawasaki oil.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //