//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Who makes the Tri Z fuel tanks

--

Who makes the Tri Z fuel tanks

I am curious as to who here makes the top mounted fuel tanks that are on YouTube, and out of curiosity get some more details & how much do they cost?

I already have a tri Zinger 1 gallon tank I just bought a parts bike I am picking up a parts bike this week that has a 2 gallon aluminum tank on it but I don't know what it looks like yet ? until I purchase it.
    Just in case I don't like the way it looks I'd be interested in a 2 gallon top mount. The one gallon is pretty useless.u

--
    jeswinhart on here. John's stuff is top notch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    I make the useless 1 gallon top mounts ~ thank you

--
    If I hear who makes the 2 gallon top mounts I will pass that info along,,,,

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    I make the useless 1 gallon top mounts ~ thank you
    LOL.. Okay..that was a odd introduction. I didnt mean any disrespect..so please dont take that the wrong way.

I watched the video but it was devoid of any details, It appeared larger than 1 gallon.

Your fuel tank size (I'm assuming) is a great option for a drag bike or Moto X or a flat track bike.

I dont know how much run time. 1gal allows, but I'm totally guessing less than 30 min at the most? For my intended use, its not practical.

I should have the other Tri Z parts bike w the 2 gal aluminum tank in my possession within a week..then I can see if the tank has a "stock look" to it, if not I can make a mould & glass up my own custom cover (shell) if needed.

BTW what else do you make for ATCs? , between my freinds & I we have all 3 Major trikes offered.

Again..No disrespect intended, hopefully you understand that I like the way you do your work Impressive
    Last edited by this old rz; 01-13-2017 at 11:33 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    LOL.. Okay..that was a odd introduction. I didnt mean any disrespect..so please dont take that the wrong way.

I watched the video but it was devoid of any details, It appeared larger than 1 gallon.

Your fuel tank size (I'm assuming) is a great option for a drag bike or Moto X or a flat track bike.

I dont know how much run time. 1gal allows, but I'm totally guessing less than 30 min at the most? For my intended use, its not practical.

I should have the other Tri Z parts bike w the 2 gal aluminum tank in my possession within a week..then I can see if the tank has a "stock look" to it, if not I can make a mould & glass up my own custom cover (shell) if needed.

BTW what else do you make for ATCs? , between my freinds & I we have all 3 Major trikes offered.

Again..No disrespect intended, hopefully you understand that I like the way you do your work Impressive
    Looking forward to seeing what you pick up Mr.,,,, their isn't a soul on these forums who don't enjoy seeing what other enthusiast are coming across or coming up with for them selves (and to share with others).
    For your curiosity as to what all the Mrs. + I do please do a search on here or google it. Not much if any clue as too what you may be looking for really. Perhaps others will have answerers for that ,,,, I may not. Many of us do bits and pieces to the puzzle.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    If I hear who makes the 2 gallon top mounts I will pass that info along,,,,
    Flyin Brian...and you know that...

Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    There ya go old rz,,,,, git ahold of him.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    Flyin Brian...and you know that...
    Brian brought one of his tanks to my house to try and sell me, I didn't have a spare $800 laying around so I let it pass lol.
    He told me he'd never make another one.

--
    Yes, very very nice fuel tank. But not for me & my budget. Thats more $ than I paid for the entire running Tri Z.

I know how much work goes into fabricating a part such as that and the time & money value. My build has to be strategic so $$ spent elsewhere is better suited for my situation.

Crazy..parts for the Tri Z vs a Honda 250R are so disproportinate.
    TRI Z. 2.0 gal fuel tank. $800.00
    250R. 4.0 gal ! IMS tank. $275.00

TRI Z. Rear skid plate. $175.00
    250R. Rear skid plate. $99.00

TRI Z. Rebuilt engine quote. $2500-$3500.00 . (just basic required components, NO cosmetics)
    250R. 100% new BDT motor. $2600.00
    Motor has everything possible including . . .. perfect paint & finish & 100% turn key with waterpump, clutch.

Two shops have said, anything you want or need for a 250R, but Tri Zs..we dont do those...lol

I still like it though, Its more than fast enough for me as is.
    Last edited by this old rz; 01-16-2017 at 03:22 AM.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Was you able to get the parts trike old RZ ?
    Kinda itching to see what that tank is that's on it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Yes, very very nice fuel tank. But not for me & my budget. Thats more $ than I paid for the entire running Tri Z.

I know how much work goes into fabricating a part such as that and the time & money value. My build has to be strategic so $$ spent elsewhere is better suited for my situation.

Crazy..parts for the Tri Z vs a Honda 250R are so disproportinate.
    TRI Z. 2.0 gal fuel tank. $800.00
    250R. 4.0 gal ! IMS tank. $275.00

TRI Z. Rear skid plate. $175.00
    250R. Rear skid plate. $99.00

TRI Z. Rebuilt engine quote. $2500-$3500.00 . (just basic required components, NO cosmetics)
    250R. 100% new BDT motor. $2600.00
    Motor has everything possible including . . .. perfect paint & finish & 100% turn key with waterpump, clutch.

Two shops have said, anything you want or need for a 250R, but Tri Zs..we dont do those...lol

I still like it though, Its more than fast enough for me as is.

You will run into that a lot. Thats par for the coarse. Simply more 250r's out there and they share the same motor and rear end with a very popular quad. Guys building 86/87 Tecates run into the same thing. You can build a nice built R for around 5K plus, 86/87 Tecate, 85/86 Tri-Z owners will end up paying sometimes more because of the lack of aftermarket parts and end up paying big for one off parts that make there build that much more better. Good luck with your search for a top mount tank, they go for a pretty penny.
    85 ATC 250r -Under Construction
    86 TRX250r
    05 KFX400
    02 400EX

--
    Was you able to get the parts trike old RZ ?
    Kinda itching to see what that tank is that's on it.
    Not yet, I had some urgent medical issues w my wife over the weekend also trying to manage work. But apparantly hes going to hold it...no matter what. With any luck, I should be able to pick it up on my next trip past their warehouse.
    Yes...I'm itching too.. Some of you might be surprised who I'm buying it from..but I dont want to say just yet, in case its a ...dud. Lol

Lets keep our fingers crossed..for some good luck.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Who quoted you $2500 to $3500 to rebuild your Z engine? That's way overpriced if you ask me. You should do it yourself--it's not that hard. Get a service manual and watch a few youtube videos and you can save yourself $2000. With a new piston, gaskets, bearings, etc., I'd estimate you'll spend $300 in parts and about $100 in tools. You can get a case splitter from Rocky Mountain for around $50 and a flywheel puller for around $20. Plus, there's the fun of just doing it. I get a real sense of accomplishment out of restoring my machines.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //