//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Adjusting Wincycles carb on 250es?

--

Adjusting Wincycles carb on 250es?

I recently purchased a 1985 Honda 250es Big Red from the original owner. The bike is in excellent condition but has not been started in about 5 years. The Big Red came with a brand new Wincycles replacement carb because the previous owner figured the original carb was gummed up from sitting(and he was right!). I cleaned out the fuel system and installed the new carb and the ATV fired right up on the first try and idles great. When I rev the engine above an idle it boggs out. I noticed that the cylinder that moves the metering rod in the main jet is not moving when the engine is rev'ed. I looked into it and the cylinder on the replacement carb is not mechanical like the original and has a diaphragm that moves it it. Does anyone have any experience tuning this system? Thanks!

--
    I have zero experience with a wincycle carb for these. IF it is a copy,,, see this thread,pay close attention to syncing the butterfly/slide tab. It could be that simple on yours. Maybe not. I would buy a drill bit set and clean yours out and see what you can do with the stocker,if not and want to sell it,I'm a buyer.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...=carb+tutorial
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //