//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 250ES makes a loud squeak sound from the rear end when you make a turn.

--

250ES makes a loud squeak sound from the rear end when you make a turn.

Title says it all, is it a common problem? It has 25x12x9 mudlites but that shouldnt effect it.
    1983 ATC 185s 200 jug bored .20 9.5:1 Naumura piston. Fast as ass when its not stretching the drive chain or stripping hubs.
    1986 ATC 250ES. *Total garbage trying to sell it*
    1983 YTM 200E. Runs good, forks are super bent but aside from that its mint.
    1984 YTM 200L. Barn find, everything is mint except the bottom end is bad... *waiting on a new engine*

Queef Chief is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Can you see or feel any play when shaking the rear tires? Could be axle bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 81ATC185S View Post
    Title says it all, is it a common problem? It has 25x12x9 mudlites but that shouldnt effect it.
    My bed does the same thing.... A little more info will help you very much in the future. Get the rear end up in the air. See f it's coming from the driveshaft universal,the diff, bearings or brakes. All could do that symptom.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I'm gonna bring it into the shop today.
    1983 ATC 185s 200 jug bored .20 9.5:1 Naumura piston. Fast as ass when its not stretching the drive chain or stripping hubs.
    1984 YTM 200L. Barn find, everything is mint except the bottom end is bad... *waiting on a new engine*

--
    Could the brake shoes be rubbing the drum at all? Mine makes a squeak when I go backwards sometimes.
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Order a axle bearing kit and shoes cause there going to fall off when you removed the drum. Cause if you like playing in the water/mud you probably have had water in there some where. As for the axle bearings make sure year and vin work with the bike/rear end you have cause there are vin brakes in bearings fit what rear end no matter of year
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Well I took the diff off the swing arm, axle bearings are shot, but there was a lot of gear oil by the driveshaft, I assume my pinion seal is bad?

--
    Well yea I would say the seal is bad. You might as well reseal and replace all the bearings in the rear end and it will be good for another 30 years
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Your pinion bearing will also be shot,just rebuild all of the diff and rear and you will be G2G for another 30.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //