//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Shipping Bikes

cochran is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Shipping Bikes

Guys I am buying an LTR450 and trying to find a shipper willing to pick it up in Rockford, IL and transport it to northern MN. I currently have a few bids on UShip. However, I know there are other options out there. I am also curious as to how to pay for the quad. I obviously do not want to pay before the transporter arrives. Previously when I have had trikes shipped to me the transporter fronted the money and I paid him back. Any thoughts, suggestions? I am 8.5 hours away and can possibly make the trip but it wouldnt be for a few weeks. Thanks guys.

--
    Well, I asked a similar question a week ago and no one answered; So obviously they didn't have much to say.

I shipped a 650# 60" x 45" pallet from Mass to Alabama by YRC freight for 130$. They smoked every U Ship bid by 65%...

U ship started at 550 and dropped to the high 300's before I just cancelled the auction a day early. U Ship was NOT cheapest in my case.

YRC is up Northeast, you'll have a different major shipping depot around you.

I delivered 30 minutes to their terminal, it saved $$.

Lift gates at your house do not save $$ lol....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

cochran is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I actually found this guy... He transports throughout the midwest and is relatively inexpensive. He moves antiques, bikes, quads, smaller items.
    https://www.facebook.com/FischersAtt.../?surface=rese
    $200 to $275 for shipping

--
    Make sure they have insurance. You may look into r.v transport guys, (Not sure if that's a thing up there or not,) they shot me a quote of like 1.50 per mile to haul a bike back from Niagara falls to Indiana. I got a f450 crew can shipped from Georgia for $350 a few years ago. Best deal on transport I've had. Good luck!

--
    Kevin, my brother has been having good luck shipping wood working equipment thru pitt Ohio freight. Pm me your e mail, ill have him get in touch with you. Sending a large 5'x5 crated machine' @ 1500 lbs from auburn to Cali for 650$.

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Biggest thing that will save you is having someone who is already heading in that direction. And depending on who you wanna trust with your machine. Like me, I'd do it for less than a dollar a mile just to drive because I enjoy it and to see more states. Best bet is to leave on a Friday night, stay at a cheap hotel, get the bike on Saturday and drive home, but thats just me.

One relatively safe way to buy the bike is to have the seller create an invoice on Paypal and send it to you. That's how I sold parts to a guy on these forums. Heck, even throw it on Ebay with your name on it and buy it that way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //