//ArrowChat Code

Thread: ATC70 recoil set spring location?

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

ATC70 recoil set spring location?

I am trying to put together the recoil on my 70 with a couple aftermarket parts I bought. I absolutely can not figure out how this set spring goes. I see how it sits in the picture in the service manual but it does not seem like it does anything when I put the pressure plate over it and the dogs do not retract after pulling the rope.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Either of mine don't have that? They have 3 little spring pieces that connect the pawls.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    Doesn't that spring in your hand go into one of those 'L' shaped grooves in the plate so when you pull the cord and the pawls extend, that top plate swivels a little to clearance for the pawl movement. When you let off the cord and the pawls retract, that spring enables the cover plate to swivel back as well.

Nvmnd. I just reread the question. You already know where it goes. I know the hooked end goes thru the plate. I can't remember if the spring gets preloaded or not and I don't recall where the straight end of the spring catches

I do know that I rebuilt two using Chinese repop pawls and plate and I had to do alot of filing of the slots in the cover plate to get it to actuate without hanging up

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 01-21-2017 at 12:21 PM.

--
    I don't know it it gets preload, but I lined up my spring in the slot and turned it back to where the three slots lined up. It put a little preload on, works fine, but I don't know if it is exactly correct or not.

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I found that the end of the spring goes into one of three holes in the plate. I had to do a lot of grinding on the aftermarket ratchets to get them to fit. Everything is 'kinda' working but when I pull the rope and the plate spins the washer and c-clip also spin which causes the clip to pop off after a few pulls. Any idea why that is happening?

--
    Junk parts I have not put aftermarket into a 70,but from decades of experience with sleds. Everything is just a little off,adding up to a lot of not good. You will get it, keep grinding and smoothing
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //