//ArrowChat Code
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to see what all the Tecate hype is about?

--
    How about lightning bolts? This would look sweet on an all original Tecate! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Airbox Lid.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	379.3 KB 
ID:	245348
    Current Ride (Purchased new in Oct. 84) - 1985 Honda ATC 250R w/ ESR 310cc big bore kit
    Wife's Ride - 2009 Polaris RZR 800
    Kid's Rides - 2009 Yamaha Raptor 700, 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250
    Former Rides - 1975 Honda XR 75, 1979 Yamaha IT 175, 1978 Honda ATC 90, 1980 Honda ATC 110

got sand?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
    How about lightning bolts?
    Bob Hannah style lightning bolts, or Gatorade?
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Final design of the ventilated airbox lid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Airbox Lid1.JPG  

--
    That's decent. If ya had a spare of day send it I to my guy to reproduce.

--
    Not much progress on this for quite a while, as I've been waiting on my friend's funds to improve. A few weeks ago, he finally said he's ready to get the frame & parts powder-coated. We finally managed to find some time to get together, to decide on what gets powdered, polished, & chromed. Since nothing can be easy, both disc rotors had to have frozen bolts in them, 2 in the rear rotor, & 1 in the front. The beautiful thing about allen bolts is, it's easy to get the drill bit centered up to drill them out. Sure, it was a minor hurdle, but still, it was something I didn't need that night. The parts were dropped off at the powder-coaters on Tuesday, and this pic was sent to me today. Finally some progress again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powdercoating Start.JPG  

--
    More pics rolling in from my friend, who is as giddy as a little school-girl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powdercoating Done.JPG  

--
    Wow, hard to believe this project has been idle for almost 4 years now! My friend switched jobs, then all the COVID bs, etc., but things are starting to look up again, and he's actively spending money on parts. We've been talking extended swingarms lately, and we're looking for a certain stance. We need side view pictures of 1986-87 Tecates with extended swingarms please, and info on the swingarm extension length.
    Last edited by Red Rider; 02-16-2022 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Added Loctite.

--
    Wow! I thought my projects took too long. You’re making me feel much better.

More photos please.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Wow! I thought my projects took too long. You’re making me feel much better.

More photos please.
    So I assume the KTM isn’t finished yet? Will do, once there is something new to show. We need more build threads to spice this forum back up again.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    So I assume the KTM isn’t finished yet? Will do, once there is something new to show. We need more build threads to spice this forum back up again.
    KTM is done, but hasn’t been ridden. Long story. What’s draging on now is the Tri-Z power valve engine. Waiting on gaskets. Might redo the entire trike as well.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    KTM is done, but hasn’t been ridden. Long story. What’s draging on now is the Tri-Z power valve engine. Waiting on gaskets. Might redo the entire trike as well.
    Yeah I’ve been following your Tri-Z YPVS thread, and look forward to a ride report on that, and the Katoom.

--
    First new parts in years are starting to arrive. We have some new front suspension and a Braking wave rotor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forks.jpg  

--
    The cylinder was dropped off at Kustom Kraft Performance, here in Las Vegas, for repairs. It was stripped, re-welded, bored to standard, and re-plated. They returned it with a new Wossner piston kit included. We have also received an entire BVC inverted forks conversion kit for the 1986-87 Tecate. We still need the swingarm back (long story), before we start reassembling the Tecate. I want it to be a roller, before anything else gets assembled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cylinder1.jpg   BVC Parts1.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    The cylinder was dropped off at Kustom Kraft Performance, here in Las Vegas, for repairs. It was stripped, re-welded, bored to standard, and re-plated. They returned it with a new Wossner piston kit included. We have also received an entire BVC inverted forks conversion kit for the 1986-87 Tecate. We still need the swingarm back (long story), before we start reassembling the Tecate. I want it to be a roller, before anything else gets assembled.
    I would like to see more photos of that perfect cylinder you have there. It was deep scored and needed welding? Or maybe one of the two bridges on the intake was cracked? (I have one cylinder with a cracked-broken one)
    Did the make any clean up at the intake?

Στάλθηκε από το RMX2170 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Antreas Sp View Post
    I would like to see more photos of that perfect cylinder you have there. It was deep scored and needed welding? Or maybe one of the two bridges on the intake was cracked? (I have one cylinder with a cracked-broken one)
    Did the make any clean up at the intake?
    I thought I took pics of the cylinder before it was repaired, but I only took one of the damaged piston. The cylinder had excessive scoring (gouging) on the skirts, similar to the piston, so they welded up the gouges, then replated it. The previous owner, had it ported many years ago, and it ran strong, so we decided to keep it the way it was, and repair the damage.

Here's some additional pics of the repaired cylinder, and the damaged piston.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Piston.JPG   Cylinder2.jpg   Cylinder3.jpg   Cylinder4.jpg   Cylinder5.jpg  

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //