//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Powder coating powder?? Wtb...

--

Powder coating powder?? Wtb...

Hey guys, I'm looking for a sparkle gold color.

Eastwood and Columbia are where I went when I was 10 years younger. There's got to be hundreds of vendors by now a days, but I'm tired of looking thru all these pages if I'm looking in the wrong direction.

Who do you guys use and can anyone find that color for me??

Not sure if I want to double coat it, but I will if I must to get the results.

And, is a small gas motor consider "high temperature??". The powders don't always give me a temperature or maybe that means, very little temperaure,,,,,

THANKS for any help!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Tag for results

I have some projects coming up I may want PC myself
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Check with these guys.

https://www.powderbuythepound.com/

Just make sure you read the fine print before ordering. Some paints need a clear coat and curing temps are vary.
    It sucks to get old

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Whether a small gas motor is considered "high temperature" or not is not really relevant . What is relevant is the temperature the object that is being coated will reach . This can be measured fairy accurately with a high quality infra red gun when it is properly used . Distance from the object being measured and even a mild breeze can cause the ir gun to read inaccurately . A far more accurate way to measure it is with a digital pyrometer with a surface probe attachment.

Even the newest "high temp" powder coatings are marginal on exhaust areas and often fail . Ceramic coatings are far more resistant to high temps.

It is best to use coatings that are rated to at least 1300 degrees for exhaust pipes.

Most Ceramic coatings trap heat within the product they are used on, therefore, in general, they are not a good choice for engines with marginal cooling abilities.

In general, the smoother the surface the coating is going on, the shinier it will be, this is especially true for colored anodizing products.

Two of the best ceramic coating mfg's are below . Call them for information regarding your particular app.

http://www.techlinecoatings.com/

https://www.cerakotehightemp.com/

Techline has an anodizing product for aluminum called DiamonDyze that comes in various colors including gold and is heat resistant.

http://www.techlinecoatings.com/hi-p...iamondyze.html

http://www.techlinecoatings.com/hi-p...onDyzeData.pdf

DiamonDyze video demonstration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NENq8H1D8Xw

DiamonDyze colors . It also comes in clear.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................

Sorry, but you can not access el camexicans psychological profile

This user was committed to an institution, and the record related to it is blocked by the psychiatrist.

The reason given for the institutionalization is: Excessively obsessing over another man 24 hours a day.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Now that I have posted I see that El Camexican has removed his usual adverse comments about me, therefore, I would remove mine about him....if I had an edit button.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    A metallic with a clear coat will produce the most shine and metallic look . The part on the right is the same as the one on the left after clear has been applied . Your results may vary.

--
    DC, I'd text Beadle and pick his brain. He's been doing some awesome work, single coat and double.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170122_142128.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	301.2 KB 
ID:	239497
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Now that I have posted I see that El Camexican has removed his usual adverse comments about me, therefore, I would remove mine about him....if I had an edit button.

Mine was a direct quote from a Mustang site, not a comment, do you need a link as proof of FACT? Yours on the other hand was erroneous as my Tri-Z has always had a shock on it, as do all my other bikes, but in your defense, I believe you were in a time out when that all went down (Maybe not? Hard to keep up with them), so how could you have possibly known?

While we're here what's with the "PREVIOUS" in your signature line? Does previous not mean "the one before? Has there only been one person to hold the exact same position as you at that organization? If so please excuse my questioning of your use of the word, but you may want to call in every few days to see if you need to update your signature line to say "FORMER". That is unless they've blocked your number.

--
    ^ Thank you Joe, and thank you as well Mr' Barnett. Joe, PM me your address please, I have something headed your way. Not a dinosaur egg but something!!

Barney - That look on the right that you posted up is what I'm looking for!!

I have ONE PC gun from EASTWOOD and it did all the parts in my "20 day build". You may like to browse that topic from 2008 I believe. It was my 1st experience with PC and it all held up well; BUT, the headers did not hold up in time.....

Regardless of size, I need a PC that can withstand from 250 to 350 degrees. single or 2 stage is fine but it's getting shot out of Eastwood gun, period!!

I'm not investing in anything else until I buy a storage container, place my sh!t in it, and use the "shop" as an actual "shop". I just gotta dig in and find a waterproof container and not a turd......

I will say this, I have bought both Columbia and Eastwood Hi Temp paint and they're supposedly good to 2500 degrees.My results are they basically do not work!!
    I have a "2 stage Chrome" and then a clear (1 stage) clear but they claim that to hold 250 degrees all the time but I don't trust it. These air cooled motors can that run at 300 degrees plus 350 degrees from what I read....

I can make some calls Monday, but I truly appreciate all the input!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all...
    DC
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I dont have any 1st hand experience powdercoating. But Ive heard nothi g but good things from people whom have used this company. https://www.prismaticpowders.com/

Feel free to share or link any DIY tips and procedures, as anything that helps cut costs of farming work out..is a good thing, if your on a very tight budget like myself.
    I need all the help I can get!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //