//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Fouling plugs 84 250r

--

Fouling plugs 84 250r

Hey guys I have a 84 250r that keeps fouling plugs. I have just put on a DG full exhaust system on it and using 32:2 fuel ratio.
    Do I need to change my fuel ratio or would it be jetting issues? Please help, want to enjoy riding my tribe but can't.
    Any advice would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    What oil are you running? I ran crap oil at 44:1 and fouled plugs I switched to klotz super techniplate and run it at 40:1 and haven't fouled one in probably a year.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    I am running motul synthetic oil with 32:1 ratio! Iam in Australia and the oil is sposed to be really good.

--
    Did you jet properly for your oil ratio and your exhaust? My 350x would burn out a plug once in a while. The main jet had the right number on it, but it was still too small. I got the same size from my local dealer, and I could see by holding them side by side that the one from the dealer was larger. I put that one in and no more problem.

--
    Your jetting is off or you need a set of rings. You need to perform a compression test to rule out rings.
    Last edited by yaegerb; 02-06-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Thanks guys

--
    It was my reeds

--
    I just did like a 35 mile poker run a couple weeks ago and run 40:1 klotz staying in first gear mainly going slow and didn't foul a single plug. Same plug since I heat cycled it this winter. If you are fouling plugs for no reason it's time to run through the list of all possibilities. Glad you found out the problem though, I wouldn't of guess reeds right away.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostv2 View Post
    I just did like a 35 mile poker run a couple weeks ago and run 40:1 klotz staying in first gear mainly going slow and didn't foul a single plug. Same plug since I heat cycled it this winter. If you are fouling plugs for no reason it's time to run through the list of all possibilities. Glad you found out the problem though, I wouldn't of guess reeds right away.
    I changed the stator, put on a new intake rubber, new carb kit with jets! Still wouldn't start, checked the reeds and flipped them over and started straight away! Did about 2 turn out and went good! Reeds were worn, so ordered a set and putting them on tomorrow!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //