//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1st Gen Tecate Fork Bushings

99gsxr750 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

1st Gen Tecate Fork Bushings

Anyone know of a source for them? Search results yielded that early 80's YZ100 are the same, but I can't locate those either.
    Thanks,
    Mike

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    What is the part number?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    What is the part number?

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    92028-1365

--
    Are you sure that is the right part number--I'm not seeing it in the parts diagram. If you are referring to the fork seal, that is still available from Rocky Mountain for $15 each.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    Are you sure that is the right part number--I'm not seeing it in the parts diagram. If you are referring to the fork seal, that is still available from Rocky Mountain for $15 each.

Yes, I'm aware that the seals are still available. I'm looking for the fork bushings and according to Bike Bandit that's the manufacturer's number.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Yes that is the number for the bushing . It is show on the 85 pats fiche but not n the 84 one . It is highly unlikely you will ever find them, however, you can have some made.

--
    Yes, yz 100. 82-83. I have used them in all my early tecate legs.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by tecat-z View Post
    Yes, yz 100. 82-83. I have used them in all my early tecate legs.
    Do you have a part number or source? I can't find one anywhere and I'm having trouble finding the bushings.
    Last edited by 99gsxr750; 02-06-2017 at 07:47 PM.

--
    Are these the YZ bushings that people have used in the past? Haven't been able to find actual part numbers for the YZ bushings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-YZ10...VZYrb1&vxp=mtr

--
    Anyone have some insight for me?

--
    Local Yamaha dealer can look them right up and order them. They are
    made by KYB. 82-83 only that I can vouch for.

--
    I would imagine most suspension service shops could source you bushings...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks guys. It looks like I have bigger problems. I just noticed one of the tubes is slightly bent. Anyone have any experience with Franks making new tubes for them? Ugh....I can only imagine how much they charge. Or does anyone have decent tubes for sale?

--
    You can bolt on the 1986 front end to your 85 frame if you have the parts laying around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0395.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	250614

--
    Now that I have my forks disassembled, does anyone know of a source for the seal on the internal fork cylinder? It appears it was only available with a new fork cylinder which obviously has been long discontinued.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //