//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Just a suggestion

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

Just a suggestion

There really isn't much that can be done I think, it may already be too late. At least I can let my position be known for consideration if anyone cares what a six year Trikefest veteran thinks.

This past Trikefest did attract a very large crowd as usual, but I'm fairly certain this was a larger number of people than I've seen there previous. There were a lot of people I didn't recognize, new faces. That's never been a problem in the past. To be blunt, this year had a few more "undesirables" than I'd seen previous. This was also the first year this event was promoted heavily on Facebook. This is not a coincidence, I've been enough to know. I've brought this up before and gotten in verbal wars on this site over it. I know what I experienced and I know this event very, very well. I don't care to hear an argument over it, I know what I know.

Plain and simple, people who come outside of this forum are ghosts. They don't have to own up to or explain any kind of behavior and they don't have a reputation to keep. If this is not taken into consideration I would have very serious concern for the future of this event. It's never going to stop, that's for certain, but it could very easily get tainted. If I might suggest to anyone who cares what I think, I think it's best kept off Facebook as much as possible. Obviously it will still be brought up and discussed on Facebook, but I feel any direct advertising of the event on there would truly be detrimental to the future of it.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Facebook ruins everything. I've just recently deleted my Facebook, what a glorious feeling
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Plain and simple, people who come outside of this forum are ghosts.
    We also have one on the inside, Hiding in the shadows. Waiting until my people need me.

--
    What was the problems with some people (Facebookers)? Ghosts as you called them? I can certainly see that people of the forum would want to meet and greet others of the forum. Faces to names sort of thing.

Just curious.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atcmatt View Post
    Facebook ruins everything. I've just recently deleted my Facebook, what a glorious feeling
    Me too. And I agree , the feeling of glorious freedom from that mess is priceless.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    What was the problems with some people (Facebookers)? Ghosts as you called them? I can certainly see that people of the forum would want to meet and greet others of the forum. Faces to names sort of thing.

Just curious.
    Blatant rule breaking in general. Complete and utter disregard for very simple rules, and many of the problems caused by the same group. Multiple scenarios where fights almost broke out and one case (which I witnessed) where a fight actually did break out. Multiple occasions of not wearing any helmet, and when approached by a group of us, almost another fight.

Theft of personal property, reckless riding which ended up with no less than TWO trips to the hospital by the same person, the second of which was a med flight and happened on the asphalt road which is the entrance to the park. This particular group was doing laps wide open out of the park and over the bridge into town which cost us our river privileges after the genius finally blew the machine right off the side of the driveway and ended up in the trees. That was reason for the med flight. Not because he was jumping a triple or crashed somewhere in the 750 acres of available riding, because he was drunk and doing laps up and down the asphalt driveway.

This one group is responsible for almost all of the disturbances from last year, but not every single problem. Certainly most of the problems though. I am aware of who they are as well as a handful of others. I'd like the blessing and the support of the community to not allow this group back. I feel if they are allowed to return they may not want to stay.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I have not attended yet. I wanted to ask does Haspin have anyone themselves to observe that any rules at all are followed or do people have to go tell the Haspin people?

--
    Haspin had a guy who put an amber beacon on his Ranger that tried to tell us what to do, but I feel that it's far better we try to prevent any behavior that requires policing rather than increasing authority figures.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    From my experiences, the guy who goes around selling firewood was the one who kept reminding people about the rules more than the people at the office. 3ww is self moderating. You know what's right and what's wrong. You should be able to judge if you are making the right decisions. But believe it or not, haspin has cameras hidden in a lot of places.

That reminds me of bill Keister two TF ago, PLAY IT COOL, play it cool!

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    I have not promoted it on FB this year like I did last year and most likely will not beyond the event attendance thing. I most likely will not encourage everyone to share it to every person and every group like I did last year. I agree, too much of a good thing turned into something a bit ugly.

On the bright side, Haspin Acres redid their website, and we're the only event on their front page; http://www.haspinacres.com/

--
    Well it sucks that the 1 group was mainly responsible for most of the problems. I did run across a couple You Tube vids of last years event...

In respect of helmets and the drinking... Can't fix stupid.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'83 200X

Chicks love guys that ride trikes

--
    The word "ANIMALS" comes to mind...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //