//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Bridgestone Edition" Honda ATC 90

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2175 View Post
    May want to look again. Bridgestone is clearly imprinted on the front fender. Not a decal
    You guys are too funny.....
    I'm not saying it isnt someting special but I highly doubt American Honda Motor Corp of Japan made it specially for Bridgestone.
    Has anyone looked at the Bike in person to verify how the "Bridgestone" logo was applied or are you just looking at the pixs from the ad?

May want to look again.
    I did look again and it still appears to be just a decal applied to a stock ATC90.

I don't believe the Bridgestone on the front fender is a decal at all, but rather is actually molded into it and part of the fender.
    What happened to the "Mold"? I cant believe QA would let the "T" not being correct in the logo get by them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS90.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	239834
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    the front fender mud flap has the Bridgestone logo on it. From the picture it doesn't look like a sticker but rather made for the mud flap. Moonpup what part of TX are you from?
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    The partial "T" in the raised logo is merely the result of it being oxidized and brittle and that section eventually breaking off. You'll notice the edges of the rest of the letters are no longer as crisp & sharp as they should be, this also due to oxidation & wear over the years.

BTW: What's your theory on the red "Bridgestone" that is embossed under the Honda logo on the mud flap? Is that a decal as well?

Edit: Also noticed "Bridgestone" is on the rear mud flaps as well....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00s0s_4IxJy24WVZM_600x450.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	239836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00p0p_7LHWCy7GqPJ_600x450.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	239840  
    Last edited by moonpup; 02-15-2017 at 12:40 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondatcs View Post
    the front fender mud flap has the Bridgestone logo on it. From the picture it doesn't look like a sticker but rather made for the mud flap. Moonpup what part of TX are you from?
    I'm currently down here in the Rio Grande Valley, but will soon be back in Houston.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpup View Post
    The partial "T" in the raised logo is merely the result of it being oxidized and brittle and that section eventually breaking off. You'll notice the edges of the rest of the letters are no longer as crisp & sharp as they should be, this also due to oxidation & wear over the years.
    That is what I thought as well. You can still see the darker portion on the fender where the other part of the T once was.
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpup View Post
    I'm currently down here in the Rio Grande Valley, but will soon be back in Houston.
    Cool. It's always good to see more Texas Riders on here
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

My Feedback Link!

--
    Buy it, restore it, and if you own a Bridgestone tire shop use it as a marketing prop.

Speculating through pictures....SMH
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    somebody still wishing it was in their truck i see. this is like american politics, right there in front of you but you still can't see it haha. there's not a shadow of a doubt that this atc is a promotional concept. every mudflap is embossed with bridgestone. wouldn't be too tough for a tire company to achieve that would it

--
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyGrind View Post
    somebody still wishing it was in their truck i see. this is like american politics, right there in front of you but you still can't see it haha. there's not a shadow of a doubt that this atc is a promotional concept. every mudflap is embossed with bridgestone. wouldn't be too tough for a tire company to achieve that would it
    I'm the one laughing at you if you are refering to me wanting it in the back of my truck.
    I tell you what, go ahead and buy it and send me your paypal address and I'll give you $5k for it.
    The only American Politics I see right here in front of me is someone trying to hype something for the sake of making some money off a ATC90 with Bridgestone Decals.
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    It's ultra rare just like the blue 110s and 70s, just like the U-Haul bikes and the police KLT's

Just like everything else.

At best it was a promotional item...call the guy and ask if he has any firsthand knowledge or paperwork on the bike showing its rarity, and if he doesn't and you still want it offer him a generous $200 and if he doesn't take it walk away.

Its not rocket surgery.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    "The only American Politics I see right here in front of me is someone trying to hype something for the sake of making some money off a ATC90 with Bridgestone Decals."

In case it is your belief that that "someone" was me, let me make it clear that I neither own nor do I have any interest in this other than trying to find out what the story is behind these 2 brands coming together. Trying to insure that accurate information is presented in a thread is not in any way "hype"......

--
    It's a cool bike for posterity sake, but let's not let egos and butt hurt flow through us today or in this thread. There's a few newbies in this thread that are kicking up some dust which seems odd but ok. Please check egos at the door. If you aren't buying it and have no intentions then move on please.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    personally interested in buying it, yes, but fair enough.

--
    i was wrong its all decals. my apology. so its not like politics after all

--
    You guys sure are defensive and don't even own the dang thing.

It's simple, if you think it's cool, go buy it. Put it in the garage and have a nice conversation piece until you find out some real history on it. Who knows, maybe one day you'll find out it's something special or worse comes to worse you have an atc90. You can't go wrong from what I see. Spend your energy wrenching not fighting.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //