//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Kids quad for a beginner?

--

Kids quad for a beginner?

Hey guys, I am looking at getting a couple 90cc quad. I have had A Banshee, Blaster, ATC250r, Trx250R, 185s, 400ex and TRX450er. I lean to the Honda's as more reliable. I want the 90's to be electric start.

What are your experiences with the Yamaha 90 Raptor, Honda TRX90 and what year's? Or maybe another manufacturer? I am looking at used quads.

Thanks guys...

David...

LT80 is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    Apex or DRR is in your future.
    TRX90's can race. With about 5k in the motor that is.
    The raptor is a slug at best for racing.

--
    This is for a 10 and 12 year old that have never rode a quad, so not looking to race. Most likely I Will get a used Honda 90. With is a few years they will out grow them anyways. I have a Yamaha Blaster that I was thinking of putting a 185s motor in for the 12 year old. We will see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    One major choice is whether to get one with a conventional trans or one with a CVT . If they don't know how to shift yet, one with a CVT will be much easier for them to ride, however, since the quads are relatively stable, it might be best to get them one with a normal trans so they can learn how to shift now while riding a stable bike instead of in a few years when they might switch over to something less stable per se.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

--
    Ya, that is why I liked the Idea of the 185s motor which does not have a manual clutch, but still teaches them how to shift gears. I think the trx90 is the same way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

--
    My son got a kdx50 when he was 6 and a drr70 when he turned 8. I guess t just depends what kind of riding you do. I'm going to do my best to keep him on 2 strokes
    My man Joe Dierte said it best... "I'm new, I dont know what to do!!"

couple of 350x's, couple of blasters, couple of TRX 250r's, a zilla, and 92 hybrid LT250r / 87 LT500R motor...lets ride!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //