//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 200x 350x speedometer Drive gear

--
    Would be good to open them up one day and count the different teeth etc on the cogs. I'd be willing to bet they are all the same. My 250sx one (22inch tyre) counted exact same teeth as my 250es one (25inch tyre) so yeah go figure. I feel like the hondaline speedos were more of a gimmick than an accurate way to measure speed. Still love both of mine though. Really set the trike off!
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    To me that would seem odd. Honda was always moving things 2mm's or shortening 10mm's , I have a few of the 25" tire types in front of me.

My point is Honda was always striving for perfection from what I saw and read in the past 33 years.

I have a brand new kit for a 200X on it's way!!

I will see the ratio and compare it to other Left Hand Drives. (200E, 200S 25" tire versus 23.5)....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Yeah please do Crasher. Would be good too see how it compares.

--
    What's the verdict on the 200X gears?

I purchased a complete Hondaline 200X kit a while back and would like to make sure the gearbox is up to snuff. Anyone know where to find the seals? Do you still have some Dirtcrasher?

And what kind of lubrication should be run in these gearboxes?
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    Verdict?? In what part bud??

Hold the gear box in your left hand. Mark the pinion gear and align the worm wheel gear (with the drive notch) on center with the phillips screw up top for the speedo cable. Turn it CW.

If it's for a 200X, it is also shaped like the letter "d", and when you turn the ring gear (worm wheel gear) with your right hand, it rotates 1 revolution and the pinion will spin CW about 2.5 turns IF it's for a 200X.

A 350X is ALSO shaped like the small letter "d", but the worm gear is spun CW the pinion will spin CCW for the same amount of turns.

The gear boxes have 3 seals total, they should be packed with grease. If you love to be a fish, make sure you take it apart ever so often and re lube it up.

I believe have all 3 seals in stock, send me a PM if you'd like or text me at 774 766 1798

At this point I could care less who has my number as it's been whored out.

It doesn't appear to me that Honda changed thins for the 22" tire up to the 23.5" tire. But they certainly changed it for a 25" tire.

If it turns more or less turns, OR it is shaped like the small letter "b", you have a gearbox for a utility type 3 wheeler.

Such as the 250SX drive is shaped like the small letter "b" and ithe pinion gear turns CCW in your LH when the worm gear/pinion gear is turned CW.
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 12-04-2019 at 09:21 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Verdict?? In what part bud??
    It doesn't appear to me that Honda changed thins for the 22" tire up to the 23.5" tire. But they certainly changed it for a 25" tire.
    I should have clarified, this is what I was after. Since you had/have them all on hand, I was curious to know if there really were any real gear ratio differences between the various models.

Thanks for the insight!
    1985 Honda 200X

--
    So safe to say the 250sx one I used to run on my 350x would have been pretty close to accurate �� man I miss that thing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atcmatt View Post
    So safe to say the 250sx one I used to run on my 350x would have been pretty close to accurate �� man I miss that thing.
    I believe it would but that one is shaped like the small letter "b".

It also seals to the hub differently (with an o-ring versus a seal), but I can't see what the issue would be.

I think I found about 5 or 6 different gear boxes and they seem to cover every single ATC model...

200X - "d"
    350X + 250R - "d"
    250SX + 250ES - "b"
    200E - "b"
    200ES + 200S + 185 - "b"

Some spin RH, some LH

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //