//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I quit

JacobMonster is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post

Take a break, it will all happen in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Canadian View Post
    Take a step back Jacob. We all have been down this road from one time or another

I think cabin fever set in.
    Yeah, it was just frustration and not being on real ride since TF last year.
    Im going to go confirm some parts I need to order and hopefully get them placed this weekend.
    Maybe I'll get a bit more motivated when I see new parts arriving on my doorstep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I'll add my .02:
    Wrenching:
    When it comes to wrenching you need the proper manuals for the vehicle. Even vintage manuals are available for cars, trucks and even vintage shop tools. If you are tearing down anything mechanical without a proper manual it's a recipe for disaster. I've been wrenching for almost 40 years, first starting getting taught by my Father and Grandfather, and tons of self teaching and took all the shop classes in school (Do they even offer wood shop and metal shop in school anymore?). The first "tool" ever taken out on any project I was involved in was the factory repair/service manual. Auto repair shops and dealers still have manuals available for their mechanics and they're supposed to be professionals. The manual for your particular project may not be cheap, but it's cheaper than a very exspensive screw up if you didn't have one. Trust me, I know of what I speak.

I've made a lot of mistakes wrenching, some rather expensive. Knowledge ain't free, and I've even seen school edumacated mechanics make expensive mistakes. Take your time, double check your specs, and take your time. If you get advice on the interwebs, trust but verify. 3WW is one of the few sites I've seen where someone asks a mechanical question and there are several answers posted that are consistent in the advice offered, probably because we have a smaller membership of educated guys due to the particular type of wheelers we restore, modify and ride.

Drama:

I wasn't at TF, but I've perused the thread. So some D-bags showed up and acted like f-tards? Big deal. Yea it sucks, but in life there is always the chance some douche will come along and ruin a good thing, particularly in this day and age. It sounds like the incident is being dealt with, only time will tell if they show up next year and if they do how it's handled.

Internet drama:

All I can say about this subject is "Really dude?" Nobody forces anyone to read a certain thread. If you find a thread too dramatic, move on to another. Just because you have people who disagree on certain things doesn't make a thread dramatic. This community agrees on one particular thing as a basis for our comaraderie: We like three wheelers. Everything else is up for debate, every subject will have 2 and some times 3 sides of a disagreement. Every forum has one or two twatwaffles who think they are smarter, more knowledgeable and have a bigger schwincenlimper than all the others. Opinions are like a-wholes: Everybody has one and they all stink. If you don't like someone, use the ignore button, it works like it was intended.

Bottom line: Don't give up or quit. Never. Not at anything. The sense of accomplishment you get after being successful far outlasts the tiny setbacks of failure. Why? Because I said so, dammit! I'm the biggest successful failure I know!

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Schidelhooper, knob gobblers and cork soakers oh my!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wiz.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	239895

And I agree with glamy:keep the 250R!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    We almost got a twatwaffle for president that one time....And then we didn't

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    You ready to work on this again or did you sell it?

I still live in the same place, FYI.

--
    I had a 1951 BSA A-10 and rode it awhile before deciding to take it apart and rebuild it. Didn't have the equipment or expierance I have today. Why the hell did I get rid of that piece of history. (in boxes).

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I'm only a month late, but I'll contribute anyhow. Not sure how old you are, but I'm in my 30s. No one around me was a mechanic. I learned on my own. Taking stuff apart, ruining things, spending hard earned barely above minimum wage $$ as a teenager to fix my screw ups. I bought auto repair manuals at garage sales for 50 cents apeice, for vehicles I didn't own. Just to read them and hopefully learn something. IMO, people learning this stuff nowadays have it made. There's YouTube videos, and helpful forum members, you can even save a few bucks on used manuals.

I did my first bottom end in my 1988 cr250 when I was 14. It ran and I rode it a whole season before running lean from airleaks. A local "shop" fixed my cases by welding them and warping them. Got to buy new cases making $6 an hour..$500. rebuilt it again at 16.

Same bike, at 14, I "rebuilt" the rear shock. It had no rebound dampening when I was done. Sent it out, rebuilder said I did a fine job rebuilding the shock..except I put the rebound shims in backwards. Lol!

I say keep at it. Nobody's asking you to design an engine from scratch, all you gotta do is get it together in the correct order. If you get in a bind, plenty of us can help you out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mollie8000 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    im not that far from you pm me if I can help
    Trikefest survivor 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mollie8000 View Post
    im not that far from you pm me if I can help
    I haven't heard from him in awhile which is why I drug up this old thread. He was getting ready to become a daddy last I talked to him and I lost his number somehow

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bt View Post
    I'm only a month late, but I'll contribute anyhow. Not sure how old you are, but I'm in my 30s. No one around me was a mechanic. I learned on my own. Taking stuff apart, ruining things, spending hard earned barely above minimum wage $$ as a teenager to fix my screw ups. I bought auto repair manuals at garage sales for 50 cents apeice, for vehicles I didn't own. Just to read them and hopefully learn something. IMO, people learning this stuff nowadays have it made. There's YouTube videos, and helpful forum members, you can even save a few bucks on used manuals.

I did my first bottom end in my 1988 cr250 when I was 14. It ran and I rode it a whole season before running lean from airleaks. A local "shop" fixed my cases by welding them and warping them. Got to buy new cases making $6 an hour..$500. rebuilt it again at 16.

Same bike, at 14, I "rebuilt" the rear shock. It had no rebound dampening when I was done. Sent it out, rebuilder said I did a fine job rebuilding the shock..except I put the rebound shims in backwards. Lol!

I say keep at it. Nobody's asking you to design an engine from scratch, all you gotta do is get it together in the correct order. If you get in a bind, plenty of us can help you out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Actually this thread was stale a year ago. Last time I talked to Jacob he was getting out of three wheeelrs but maybe we will see him pop up down the road.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //