//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Quick carrier seal question

--

Quick carrier seal question

My bike is a 1983 250r and I replaced the bearing carrier with a lonestar one. The black half moon seals that go in the back side through the slits in the swingarm....are they needed? Mine are trashed and im wondering if they are even needed before I try to find some to order. I can't really see what the purpose is for them other than stopping a bit of water and mud but the bearings themselves are already sealed into the carrier so?? I tried a search but did not really find the info. Someone said they were not needed but that was for a 1986 so might be different than mine. Thanks

--
    Yes they are needed. They keep water/dirt out of the carrier so that the eccentric works properly.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Ok thanks guess I will add those to the order list lol

--
    Well I can get them on ebay but of course for us Canadian folk we get screwed on shipping. 30 buck to ship a 10 dollar seal I don't think so......So if all this does is keep stuff out of the holder could I not just use silicon to fill it in? The rubber does not do anything like help hold the carrier in place does it?

--
    You could do that or get the part number and see if any Canadian Honda dealers have them in.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    People say they don't matter. It mattered to Honda and matters for me...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    You could do that or get the part number and see if any Canadian Honda dealers have them in.
    Been looking into that but no luck yet

--
    I'm just gonna throw this out there. If you had the swinger naked (sorry Dave) with the inside covered with tape and coated it ALL with grease/oil/vaseline, I bet you could RTV a seal for it.

Jeswinehart makes ALLOT of stuff, but I believe he concentrates on things ALLOT of people need and rare items.

But he does something similar with molds and rubber mixes with a curing agent etc etc. Trust me, it's allot more work than that, but I would try it, you might learn something new......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //