//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How bad is the factory expansion chamber?

--
    Iv been looking for either a Bassani or Bills for my 83 250r.
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    Yeah, the Bassani is a great pipe, I have one on my 82. Unfortunately 1st generation Bassani will not fit on a 2nd generation R--I've tried it.
    what's the difference? Exhaust port sizing, angle or ?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

HondaRidr is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    ^The are different shapes aren't they? The lack of love was referring to most times I see a thread about foolers people always put them down compared to 3rd Gen Rs. At least that's what it seems like. I have both and they both are very fun. Sorry for the slight side track.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    what's the difference? Exhaust port sizing, angle or ?
    The dimensions of the expansion chamber are the same, but the routeing back through the frame is different.

--
    Just to be clear, "No lack of love implied in any way"

The aircooled are great machines, but one must be honest.

Hondas evolution of the species pretty much assures that later water pumpers were superior in virtually all categories, with perhaps the only caveat being simplicity. Its the natural progression of a auto/motorcycles manufacturer to ensure that this is accomplished.

Many times this comes down to personal preferances or nostalgia. Example: I prefer the classic aircooled RD series Yamahas over the RZ series, as far as apperance & ease of maintenance but the smaller displacement watercooled RZs simply beat the older RDs in all contests. I love them all, I even had a sweet custom aircooled 250R back in 87 and Lets be realistic..

truthfully any aircooled machine (ridden to or past its limit) is likley more machine than average ATC riders of a certain age 48-60+ can "honestly" handle. There all wonderful machines no matter the make style or displacement.
    I need all the help I can get!

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Its an amazing world. My great grandparents grew up in a world of only horses.

By the time they had passed away 2 nuclear bombs had been dropped by airplanes and man had walked on the moon.

The next decade will likely see all of us gone from the forum. I wonder what the average age is on this board?

I am glad we are all having the fun we can before time does what it does best. It keeps marching on.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    Wow thanks for all the good info....and the links to the pipes....Ya crappy the first gen won't fit the second, but I think after reading this I will go ahead and try the DG pipe. The 300 bucks is kinds crazy but I also don't think I need the more expensive options with the riding I will be doing. I will let ya know how I make out with it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //