//ArrowChat Code
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The plan

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I'd love to see Hawaii but afraid to fly, lol...
    Steve if you have the hankering to travel I think you should do it. You have the means and you only live once. I'd suggest Thailand before Hawaii, but that's just me. Thailand is really cheap to go to and what a great time. Hawaii is certainly awesome, but you're gonna spend a lot of money to come here. I'm staying with my dad so no need for a hotel or rental car. I think you should do it though.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

The plan

Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney1979 View Post
    Glad to hear you are feeling better. Go hit up Makena Beach....... Grab some tacos from Jaws Tacos (in the parking lot) and stay till sunset.
    Thanks brah! We drove by Makena Thursday but it was raining. I'll be sure to swing in there though since you recommended it. Jaws itself is ten minutes up the road, you could potentially walk there from here.

Another thing is, I do have the option of living here if I'd like to. On Maui, you're allowed on your lot a main house, a cottage 1000 square feet or under, a "barn" (which many times ends up being living space), and as many "sheds" (tiny homes) 200 square feet and under as you'd like. They have two acres where my father lives. My father's girlfriend's daughter lives in the main house with her family and my father and his girlfriend live in the cottage, however they have no barn (like 3WW) and no sheds. I was planning on my next dwelling being a tiny house anyways so... That's a lot to think about though, but it's a great option to have.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post

Another thing is, I do have the option of living here if I'd like to.
    That would be awesome, But it would be a long drive to trikefest lol
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    You guys really crack me up. Fabs, I'm sure this won't surprise you because of your beliefs on the universe, but I've been thinking about you all day. I was actually going to call you, i didn't realize you were off the mainland. I'm going to shoot you a text, i assume your phone works normally there. Glad you're feeling better, keep it up!
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    I always enjoy reading your blogs and perspective on things.

Being in the bay area for a wedding and as I type this from my hotel room in Santa Rosa......Friday night I had 2 hours of sleep.....Saturday night 3. I was miserable, cranky, depressed.....no food tasted good and just wanted to curl up in a corner and be left along. Then last night 12 hours of nonstop sleep and I'm going to enjoy the rest of the week in San Francisco.....totally different perspective......everything is bright and colorful and happy and in focus.

I suffer from bouts of sleep loss and your words ring a bell with me

I'm glad your doing better.

--
    Glad to hear your feeling better. Put your toes in the sand and smell that ocean air; it's gotta be amazing.

I'd love to see Hawaii, but this whole Bitcoin thing has me thinking 3 car garage or pole barn this smer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks for posting Knappy and yup, you get it. Sleep deprivation can have some really scary effects on people who are otherwise perfectly healthy, which unfortunately for me, I'm not. Turns into a shite storm for me real quick. I'm curious if it's going to happen to me again flying back but I'm optimistic I'll be OK.

Steve, sounds like you may have fallen into some good fortune! That's great! You could definitely use a garage, that's for sure!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

The plan

Here I am, just over a year after announcing that I'd like to up and leave my home to travel and ultimately settle somewhere else. What I find on my mind lately surprises me. I still have the yearn to travel and to live someplace other than Massachusetts, but there has been one nagging tether holding me back. I pride myself on my lack of tethers, however there is one in my life that I cannot escape, not that I'd like to either. This one detail of the plan that has literally kept me up at night and I told myself I'd handle, is my cat. I'm sure that may sound silly to many, I don't know that everyone gets attached to animals like some people do. I know some understand. I've been telling myself that she's coming with me because it's not a thought in my mind to ever get rid of her. She's been with me since she was a kitten and she always chose me over my ex for whatever reason, she's always loved me. She's been with me for 14 years and she has a very comfortable life here and she loves this house. It would be a shame to take it away from her, and I couldn't take myself out of her life either, not that I'd ever want to. It seems silly but she's with me a huge amount of the time. She's a shoulder cat and will perch herself up there and ride around while I cook, do dishes, do laundry, whatever really. She has to be in the bathroom when I shower, she sleeps with me, and who doesn't like claws to the eyeball at 3:43 in the morning? I wasn't trying to sleep anyways!

So the cat has a lot of personality, and I don't think I have it in me to turn her life upside down when she's had it as good as she has for as long as she has. It might seem silly, but that's what has kept me up at night. Whenever I go away she doesn't like it. She can tell when I'm packing to go somewhere and she pouts. She also gets jealous if I have women over. When we were younger and I went away for a few days, she didn't mind that much. These days I can tell she misses me immensely when I leave. I couldn't imagine if we lived on the road and she were cooped up all the time, which is bad enough, but what if I want to venture away from my camper for a day or two, or a week? Or go to another country for a few weeks or a month? This is what I think about. She's always been very independent and prefers to be the only animal, but she doesn't need strict solitude. She'll put up with other animals if she absolutely has to but would just as soon be the only one, so an animal companion isn't going to help her, and that's assuming there wasn't already the issue with space and being cooped up.

Also as I've indicated, my trip to Hawaii was definitely interesting and fun, but it was kind of tough on me. For whatever reason I ended up really sick upon my arrival, and although I got better during my stay, I never felt completely healthy. Because of that, I found it hard to enjoy myself to my potential there. I dealt with a lot of depression while there as well. These circumstances had an unforeseen effect on me, in that I was looking forward to coming home to my house in Massachusetts. When I leave Indiana for Massachusetts, I don't want to go home. When I leave Arkansas for Massachusetts, I don't want to go home. When I leave Thailand, or Germany, or Mik's place in NY, I don't want to go home to Massachusetts. That's how it's always been. This hasn't always felt like "home" to me, as long as I've been here, but for whatever reason when it was time to leave Hawaii for Massachusetts, I was ready. That feeling was perplexing to me, it took me a while to wrap my head around it, but I walked off that plane in Boston feeling better than I had in two and a half weeks, and I was really glad to be going back to my little home. It's one of the first times my house has felt "homey" to me.

In preparations for selling of my home, I began working on it inside and out. I had to fix an improperly installed bathroom ceiling (I didn't do it), which is something I have no idea how to do, but I did it and it came out really well. I have countless hours on the exterior of the house scraping and painting, replacing trim, boxing eaves, and adding and replacing gutters. The outcome of all that is, the house looks a lot better than it did, lol. Imagine that! I'd have never started doing it for myself though, but I couldn't imagine selling it to someone else without doing it. I sold a ton of stuff on Ebay and Craigslist, and I'd like to continue that trend, so it's made it less cluttery around here and I can focus more time on less things.

I think at this point, I have to just face the truth that as silly as it seems, I'm not going to be able to live with myself if I turn my cat's life upside down. It's not a cancellation of what I want to do, but it's certainly going to postpone things. For the time being, I'm doing everything I can to get rid of my huge toy hauler and get back into a truck camper. I don't know how that works because I still have a huge note on the trailer, but whatever. I still have a lot of time to travel for the time being and I'd still like to do that, then someday when the time is right I will sell and travel as I'm planning. It looks like it just may not happen as soon as I was anticipating. I've had a lot of people asking lately, so this is what's going on. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 03-05-2018 at 04:30 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Here I am, just over a year after announcing that I'd like to up and leave my home to travel and ultimately settle somewhere else. What I find on my mind lately surprises me. I still have the yearn to travel and to live someplace other than Massachusetts, but there has been one nagging tether holding me back. I pride myself on my lack of tethers, however there is one in my life that I cannot escape, not that I'd like to either. There is one detail of this plan that has literally kept me up at night and I told myself I'd handle, and that is my cat. I'm sure that may sound silly to many, I don't know that everyone gets attached to animals like some people do. I know some understand. I've been telling myself that she's coming with me because it's not a thought in my mind to ever get rid of her. She's been with me since she was a kitten and she always chose me over my ex for whatever reason, she's always loved me. She's been with me for 14 years and she has a very comfortable life here and she loves this house. It would be a shame to take it away from her, and I couldn't take myself out of her life either, not that I'd ever want to. It seems silly but she's with me a huge amount of the time. She's a shoulder cat and will perch herself up there and ride around while I cook, do dishes, do laundry, whatever really. She has to be in the bathroom when I shower, she sleeps with me, and who doesn't like claws to the eyeball at 3:43 in the morning? I wasn't trying to sleep anyways!

So the cat has a lot of personality, and I don't think I have it in me to turn her life upside down when she's had it as good as she has for as long as she has. It might seem silly, but that's what has kept me up at night. Whenever I go away she doesn't like it. She can tell when I'm packing to go somewhere and she pouts. She also gets jealous if I have women over. When we were younger and I went away for a few days, she didn't mind that much. These days I can tell she misses me immensely when I leave. I couldn't imagine if we lived on the road and she were cooped up all the time, which is bad enough, but what if I want to venture away from my camper for a day or two, or a week? Or go to another country for a few weeks or a month? This is what I think about. She's always been very independent and prefers to be the only animal, but she doesn't need strict solitude. She'll put up with other animals if she absolutely has to but would just as soon be the only one, so an animal companion isn't going to help her, and that's assuming there wasn't already the issue with space and being cooped up.

Also as I've indicated, my trip to Hawaii was definitely interesting and fun, but it was kind of tough on me. For whatever reason I ended up really sick upon my arrival, and although I got better during my stay, I never felt completely healthy. Because of that, I found it hard to enjoy myself to my potential there. I dealt with a lot of depression while there as well. These circumstances had an unforeseen effect on me, in that I was looking forward to coming home to my house in Massachusetts. When I leave Indiana for Massachusetts, I don't want to go home. When I leave Arkansas for Massachusetts, I don't want to go home. When I leave Thailand, or Germany, or Mik's place in NY, I don't want to go home to Massachusetts. That's how it's always been. This hasn't always felt like "home" to me, as long as I've been here, but for whatever reason when it was time to leave Hawaii for Massachusetts, I was ready. That feeling was perplexing to me, it took me a while to wrap my head around it, but I walked off that plane in Boston feeling better than I had in two and a half weeks, and I was really glad to be going back to my little home. It's one of the first times my house has felt "homey" to me.

In preparations for selling of my home, I began working on it inside and out. I had to fix an improperly installed bathroom ceiling (I didn't do it), which is something I have no idea how to do, but I did it and it came out really well. I have countless hours on the exterior of the house scraping and painting, replacing trim, boxing eaves, and adding and replacing gutters. The outcome of all that is, the house looks a lot better than it did, lol. Imagine that! I'd have never started doing it for myself though, but I couldn't imagine selling it to someone else without doing it. I sold a ton of stuff on Ebay and Craigslist, and I'd like to continue that trend, so it's made it less cluttery around here and I can focus more time on less things.

I think at this point, I have to just face the truth that as silly as it seems, I'm not going to be able to live with myself if I turn my cat's life upside down. It's not a cancellation of what I want to do, but it's certainly going to postpone things. For the time being, I'm doing everything I can to get rid of my huge toy hauler and get back into a truck camper. I don't know how that works because I still have a huge note on the trailer, but whatever. I still have a lot of time to travel for the time being and I'd still like to do that, then someday when the time is right I will sell and travel as I'm planning. It looks like it just may not happen as soon as I was anticipating. I've had a lot of people asking lately, so this is what's going on. Thanks for reading.
    Our cats have the exact same personality. Meet Pickles! He will ride on my excavator with me, we go to the store and he sits on the dash or on the back seats. He can jump from the ground to my shoulder (I'm 6'2") he will hang out around the garage with all my friends like he is one of the "guys", loud noise, dirt bikes, mowers nothing phases him. My wife and I don't have kids so our two cats are our "kids". I completely understand the attachment to your faithful pet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171229_212116.jpg  

Joker 90
    1970 Honda US90- aquarius blue
    1981 Yamaha YT125
    1986 Yamaha Big Wheel 80
    1986 Kawasaki Tecate KXT500
    1987 Kawasaki KXT250B2
    2005 Yamaha YFZ450

--
    I definitely do have a speed bump. Although many days I am a very healthy individual, I can be outside with a 28" chainsaw sweating, slaying trees, and occasionally even getting comments on my physique, I get reminded from time to time how important health is. You guys already know I was a bit sick in Hawaii, Lyme seems to creep in if you give it an opening. Last time seemed like a cold plus jet lag equaled more than my body was up for.

This might seem odd, but this time I think I may have triggered it with Kroil. I had been soaking the header on the XR all day in the trailer with Kroil and went out there in the evening to work on removing it. It was cold out so I had the heat going and no ventilation. I worked in there for at least an hour and a half and emerged with a headache. That was three days ago. I've been unhealthy since. Stupid me, I can't even stay in the house after I clean the bathroom because I get overtaken by fumes so easily. It's been a problem of mine which started in Iraq, we were swimming in fuel and fumes. Back then I was a gearhead kid and didn't mind fuel or fumes at all, but by the end of the deployment I'd have migraines at the end of every mission from the diesel fumes and contact. That carried over with me when we redeployed back home, and it's been with me since. So I've been useless for three days now. I have no idea if tomorrow will be better. I have machines as well as a home to work on, and also a body and mind. None of those things can happen if my body and mind aren't up to those tasks. Twiddling your thumbs for days on end gets old as you all know, but I am thankful for my home and my situation could be far worse.

What I must do now is continue to monitor my health and do what I can, as well as rest often. Far more often than I'd prefer, but I suppose I should still be glad for as much as I can do. I can still go out and ride multiple days in a row when my body does allow it, I can still exert myself when I am able. There are improvements I can make and more things to learn, perhaps I can become stronger with time. This is a good place to rest and find out exactly what I'm still capable of and worst case scenario I can fall into bed for a couple of days if I have to. I will leave here someday though. This is not where I will stay for good. Worst case scenario I will move instead of traveling, but I'd prefer to travel first. After all, how else would I know where to move to?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Any day above ground is a good day. Far better than the alternative.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Kentucky is pretty awesome, I can tell you that. It's not what it's portrayed as outside of here either.

No matter what crowd you like living by whether it's rednecks, high-falootin' elites, Left, Right, Black, White and everything in between then we got it. Same with the geography. Mountains to rolling hills to flatlands and TONS of water.

I'm an ex-Hoosier and I jumped the fence and swam the river and never looked back. Best relocation ever.

Come camp in my yard sometime if you want a taste. Lots of 3WW members there too and Haspin is almost 4hrs from my house going the long way.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Wow... just happened across this thread while searching for information on how to remove a stuck front axle from my 200s. I believe I was meant to find it. I'm still new here and learning the ropes so please forgive me if I violate some unspoken codes but Fabio, thank you for your sacrifices. It seems so trite, to me, to thank a veteran for his service. It was a service but I feel it is so much more than that. I feel it's turned into an easy way to thank you veterans without actually meaning it. You folks have transformed your life from that decision made in your youth. My heart goes with you as well as my prayers. Take care friend. Thanks for touching an old crusty soul like myself.

--
    Hey buddy, I don't know if I've ever mentioned it but I drank GRAVIOLA TEA twice a day for 2 weeks and it knocked my chronic lyme symptoms down about 50%. I herxed like a the first day or 2, but got better after that (drank a ton of water as well). Took probiotic during those 2 weeks to save my gut flora. Now I do the same whenever I have a flare and it really seems to help. Just don't drink it every day because it has a loose association with Parkinsons in daily users.
    Ragin' full on...

--
    Hey thanks a lot for the kind words guys and I'll definitely be looking into that tea, so thank you for that as well Caminofeld.

Honestly I thought I would be fine when I joined the service. I always had a way of eeking through situations in my life unscathed, and I thought that's what had happened to me again upon my return from war. I came back alive and with all my limbs, which is more than many can and are able to say. For that I am grateful. I do not regret my decision to join the armed forces and I'm proud to stand up for our constitution to this day, even though my service seems to have had a fair stake in costing me a "normal" lifestyle. On the same token, it has brought me so much. It's a very conflicting equation. Either way, service members are a requirement and I felt I was one of the people who should serve, even if it killed me.

My service has cost me a lot yet provided as well. Things could be better but they could be worse. I do still look forward to traveling and moving when the time is right. For the time being I'm making myself as comfortable as can be expected.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //