//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The plan

--
    I couldn't be happier for you John. Being a sheep herder versus being a sheep is where people should always be headed for; Never be happy with just a paycheck. Sure, I took home 1400$ a week being in the union, BUT, I was still told what to do and when to do it and had 1 day to get ready for another week of "sheeping".

I worked 6 days a week for 15 CRITICAL years of my life. Sure, it got me THINGS, but once time is gone it's gone and that's it!!

I'd like to bury the hatchet with you before you leave and offer you any assistance; I know your choosy on who to let it your life and I had a shitty track record for a year or 2 with you; However, the first few years were great. I definitely had some problems and didn't want to admit them but I have them licked now and have for quite sometime. I just got sick of being stupid and forgetting so many things but it is what it WAS. I do think about you from time to time and/or wish you the very best of luck; I'm certain you will succeed regardless of what you do. And staying in the situation your in now is just that; Employment with other companies is just the same of what you have already decided not to pursue any longer.

If you choose to stop by and or need any help with fabrication etc etc, I'm here. But, if not, I completely understand.

I still wish you the very best of luck I can. I have seen the youtubers that do things very similar to this and they seem quite happy and content. You could not do this if you weren't mechanically inclined but also need the required street smarts. You have both of those traits.

Regardless, whatever you decide to do, I am certain you will be successful and I hope you keep your BLOG updated......
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Just a thought,,IF you could pull this off and rent your home to a GOOD tenant... that would be the ultimate safety net. But that is not easy I know.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    ^ not a bad thought, DC probably has some good advice on screening tenants

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Sure there will be some a holes who snicker at a pension.
    F'em! You paid your dues, now enjoy retirement. No one bats an eye at some scumbag one term politician who sets himself up nicely with life long pensions and benefits.

Enjoy, you more than earned it as far as I'm concerned.

--
    John, I wish you all the best in your new venture! May you find the peace and contentment in life that you seek. Do visit Monument Valley, it is some of the most beautiful country this truck driver ever laid eyes on, I only wish I could have spent time there when I went through, but I was in the rig and had to keep a rollin'. Travel safe my friend, maybe we will cross paths at Mikes place once again.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

Newrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'm glad I read this , it had quite a bit of inspiration ! The pursuit of happiness Fabio I wish you the best and also thank you for your service to our country . I commend you on this life changing decision!!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Once again, thanks to you all for such kind words and offers!

Steve, all you're offering is greatly appreciated. Without getting too caught up in semantics, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other out there. Everyone knows your will is always good, however I've heard what you're saying many times before. I truly do hope everything is going well with you, but while we still hung out you were still unaware of what you can become at times. I've yet to see you truly acknowledge what that is and part of you likely refuses to acknowledge. There is no way you can fix something you won't acknowledge. I'm not asking you to change anything or do anything differently in your life other than whatever it is you choose to be, but there are certain things I cannot be around anymore. I will see you out there.

I very briefly considered renting out my home but that's just not what I'm going to do. It would be difficult to find anyone to pay my mortgage for such a small living space with a manually run heating system. The money in my real estate is the lot, not my house, and renters don't need a nice lot. Also I have no interest in concerning myself with the maintenance and upkeep of a home I won't even be living in. I've had two separate friends live with me here, and as good of people as they are, it's very obvious that people just don't have the care for something they don't own like I would expect them to. Another consideration, it's a good time to be a seller. There's no guarantee it will always be that way. With my beliefs, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see real estate take a dive not long from now. I love my house itself, however I dislike Massachusetts and especially living near Boston. The city constantly spreads and grows and eventually it will be here as well. I have no desire to be tethered to this place. I have no desire to be tethered at all. The more I sell the better I feel.

I'm doing my best to get my buddy in here, possibly even if I have to take a little hit on the price. We've only really been hanging out for the last two years or so, but in that time he has spent a lot of time here working on my house with me usually without even asking him to. I have no idea how many cords of wood the two of us have processed, splitting most of it manually. He loves this place and deserves to have it for himself, his wife, and their daughter. They say if someone has something you want, if someone leads a lifestyle you might like to live yourself, spend as much time as you can with that person. If you want to be a millionaire, spend time with millionaires. If you want to be a machinist, you hang out with machinists. Albie is always fascinated by my lifestyle and lives a bit less traveled life. This is how the law of attraction works. Albie is becoming that which he has spent the most of his time with and attracting what he wants. I really hope to see him get it. If not, there are three other prospects to be considered before I'd even have to list the house. If I do have to list it obviously I will, but if I don't have to that would be great.

So not being tied to Massachusetts is definitely a part of this idea, haha.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Ive told ya before there will be a spot in our drive way for you to set up for a few as long as you want. Good to see someone finally getting to do what they want instead of what the man wants.
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Once again, thanks to you all for such kind words and offers!

Steve, all you're offering is greatly appreciated. Without getting too caught up in semantics, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other out there. Everyone knows your will is always good, however I've heard what you're saying many times before. I truly do hope everything is going well with you, but while we still hung out you were still unaware of what you can become at times. I've yet to see you truly acknowledge what that is and part of you likely refuses to acknowledge. There is no way you can fix something you won't acknowledge. I'm not asking you to change anything or do anything differently in your life other than whatever it is you choose to be, but there are certain things I cannot be around anymore. I will see you out there.
    Well, I'm not going to announce my problems and solutions to 3WW. Your not aware of anything because it's been over 2 years since you've seen or heard from me. Once my father moved in I decided he could stay forever if he wanted, I basically asked him for help and I got it. He's not dumb either and wasn't sure what was up until I told him. And that was that!

It has brought me closer to my father than ever.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    And FYI as an addition to the cross Canada option I mentioned earlier, it's Canada's 150th birthday this year so all National Park admissions are free. I've got a spare pass I can mail down for you.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    IDK what your mortgage is but 3 guys in there or/with gals is 800$ EDIT - EACH month.

If you leave it as the wood stove, the hot air furnace or hot water tank are simple enough, All you need is one good friend your always in touch with and won't screw you over. Mow the lawn, pay the bilsl....Absolutely worth renting and having it paying for itself IMHO. Your managing a company from a afar.....

That is a 2 -5 residance.
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 02-21-2017 at 12:26 AM.

--
    I'm happy for you. Sounds like it's an exciting time. Get the heck out of the city and out on the open road, yah! Some of my fondest memories are traveling. Going through Banff and Jasper, then up to Ak was one of the best for me. If you plan on going to Yellowstone, the bear tooth highway is spectacular. There's sand dunes just west in Idaho. Hoping you have a great time. Good luck with your house.
    Edit: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...toQhQAUWQSmjCg
    Last edited by Jd110; 02-21-2017 at 05:04 PM.

--
    We’ve talked and you know I think this is awesome. If anything I figure historically it’s more “normal” to roam around than the currently accepted norm of getting into debt to buy a box and raise 1.3 kids while working as a paid slave.

I’m reminded of men that signed their name with an X to get on a ship to cross the sea into the unknown, or saddled up and road into the sunset of the old West on a horse. That kind of thing is in our DNA and we’ve been moving around the globe by whatever means was available since the day we sprouted legs. Some of us even go into space now, have you seen the list of people that have signed up for a one way trip to Mars?

We were born to travel, not to settle, but it’s hard to tax a man on the move and have him go to work for the King each day, so settle we did for some reason.

That you can do this and still have enjoy many of the amenities of the new millennia makes it even better. Enjoy your journey and be sure to write about it often. If you find yourself headed into South Texas give me a shout and maybe we can do a ride, or something.

Best of luck with The Plan Man!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

The plan

I would like to have this rig completed before I sell the house so I can leave here and just hit the road, however money will be the deciding factor in that decision. If I run out of money before the rig is done I will sell the house and haul my toy hauler over to my buddy's where I can continue working with replenished funds until the rig is completed. Once completed, I will then trade the toy hauler for a slide in camper and off I'll go. For the time being I have plenty of work ahead of me, which I am looking forward to.

Today was a really big day. I was able to cram everything into today that I wanted to and then some. I started by going over to a local fabricating shop with some excess stock they were selling. They also happened to have some gas bottles for sale which I needed. I was really glad I asked! I loaded up my discount steel and bottles and took the bottles over to get filled. Oxy/acet as well as argon. I am delighted to announce that I now have gas. This is the first time in my life I have ever had gas. I just sold my 220v Lincoln arc welder as well as my crappy little 110v mig which I always used gasless. I've finally upgraded to a 220v mig with gas which is long overdue. It's Italian which makes me really nervous, but it was very cheap. I couldn't say no. I had to undick the inert gas supply line which they had dickered up as well as change the plug on my 220v extension cord, but in the end it came to life and seems to work really well.

I have four major projects I'd like to tackle first. As I said, these things are all built in my head. I've been hibernating the last couple months and lying awake in bed every night building this. The blue prints are there, it's just I'm the only one who can see them, haha. It's difficult to get up the next morning unable to unleash hands eager to build, very frustrating. Today that changed. I was able to break ground on my rear fenders today. After the fenders will be a 2" body lift for the cab, swapping out the Super Doody mirrors for west coast mirrors, and I will also fabricate a front bumper.

It felt great to be out there working today. The fenders were needed because my body didn't "overhang" the wheels, rather the outside beam of the body would come down in the middle of the outside drive tire. It only allowed for about 2" of suspension travel, nowhere near where it would normally contact the bump stops. This will cure that issue as well as look really good. I cut the body here today and tomorrow morning I'll go over to my buddy's shop where he can bend me up some diamond plate in the brake. I'll then take it home and weld them in place.

Here's my steel stock I grabbed today for a really good price. This will turn into a bumper as well as other items.

Here's some stuff for down the road...

Last edited by fabiodriven; 02-21-2017 at 09:27 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Nice work. Isn't the hardest part of a project just starting? Love that pipe on the air foiler

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //