//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The plan

--
    Quote Originally Posted by plastikosmd View Post
    Nice work. Isn't the hardest part of a project just starting? Love that pipe on the air foiler
    It looks great, but damn does that thing crack the ear drums. He had my vote for loudest trike at TF last year. Idk man, it has that 2 stroke drag bike crack to it but tuned to the perfect frequency to piss off my ears if you're in the pit with it. One bike that stuck in my mind over the years.

--
    You know I am only a few hours from your sis, and a few hours from weezy. I have a huge place and a ton of space for your rig.
    Keep on Triking!!!! "I am the NIGHT RIDER!!!"

RIP Ninja!

Feedback thread: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-for-thestud25

Trike Fest 2011, 2012 Vet!
    Founding member of the Haspin 6ft Bats Club!!

Trikes Currently Owned:
    87 Big Red 250es
    86 Kawasak KLT110. All documentation, bought from original owner.
    83 Honda 200s
    81 Honda Atc 70
    (4) Suzuki ALT 50's
    Yamaha YT 60

--
    I'm not sitting on your truck, I know how much you love it, but why don't you start fresh with a southern truck that hasn't seen salt it's whole life? I know you go all in and make things to last, I'd hate to see it rot out in a couple years after you go through all this work. You know I'm looking to upgrade right now, not sure if I ever told you the reason but it's because my frame is getting soft. Just some food for thought.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

The plan

Because my truck isn't rotted yet. I'd never do all this to a truck with cancer. I sold the bed with a smashed fender three years ago for good money because it had zero rot, and the bed is the first thing to go. Mine is the only Super Duty I know of in it's age bracket up here that still has the side steps. I could possibly use a driver's door soon. Also, I don't feel like dropping 15k on a truck and adding another tremendous step to this process.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    More power to you for packing up and leaving Taxachusetts....I lived in Waltham for three years and don't miss driving Route 20 every day.....

Great news you are going to travel and see America! Glad you were convinced not to skip town just yet, and see some other parts of this country you helped by serving in Iraq. Maybe you will find another part of the country a little less crazy then Boston.

Wife shared this link today and I immediately thought I should post it up for the travelling man. Good luck and be safe on your journey!

http://shareably.net/perfect-road-trip-map-v1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails perfect_road_trip_map_5.jpg  

--
    Come to my place and hit up coal country. Slap some paddles on the air fooler and hit the coal hills. Show up all those banshees. Look up worlds longest hillclimb.

Coal hill in trevorton is right down the road from my house. People come from all over to ride up there. Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area ATV park (trike friendly, ask MRSOUND) is like 3 miles behind my house. About 7,000 acres open to riding so far. Slowly expanding. Lots of good riding out here. Personally I don't pay, I just ride for dayssss and never hit the same trail twice. All old abandoned coal mining land that's not enforced or patrolled. Been trying to get a TRUPA group ride down here.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --

The plan

Again, thank you all for such gracious offers and well wishes! I'll be seeing a lot of you I'm sure!

I am very happy with the progress at this point. Yesterday I was able to get over to my buddy Josh Clancy's shop where he bent me up some fenders. This kid does unbelievable work. You can find him on the Bookface, Clancy Welding & Fabrication. What he bent up for me is child's play for him. He does a lot of high end work on Peterbilt's and stuff, where they look like swan boats with the fenders all smooth and sweeping a quarter inch from the ground as well as the tires. I'm more of a steel nose Mack/Autocar guy, so I went with a generously spaced steel diamond plate fender. Huge thanks to Mr Clancy for helping me out on this for very short money.

To touch on my Guinea welding machine, it did the job. I'm fairly certain it heard my disappointment the other day when I found the "made in Italy" decal on it, so it probably wanted to take a swipe back. I mean it's common knowledge that Italy produces some of the most dependable and well engineered stuff out there, especially their electric and electronic items. Just ask anyone who has ever owned a fine Italian automobile. Hell, all of Europe produces great electrical stuff!

I'm joking. Italian engineering is crap and anything European will have a terrible electrical system. Obviously this entire welding machine is electric so... The welder gave me a kick in the nuts today right out of the gate. I had to swap out the wire spool and tip from .020 to .035, which is no big deal. Well the pizza eating welder decided that after I ran the new wire up to the handle that it would jam right at the very end. Yes, I had the tip removed. I didn't want to dilly dick around with it, and this machine also came with a brand new handle in the package, so I ripped the old one right off. Took about twenty minutes to swap it out, and I was pleasantly surprised to find two stripped screws which secure the base of the lines just where they enter the machine itself. Surely not due to poor engineering, I can assure you. I got the brand new handle mounted and ready to go and I began feeding the new wire through again. Once again it jammed up in the handle, this time creating a frig-show inside the machine which backed up the wire and turned it into spaghetti. Yes, my Guinea welder just made it's own spaghetti. I cut the spaghetti out, sent the wire back in, and once again it stopped. I took another piece of the handle off, the brass piece that the tip threads into, and inside the brand new handle the liner was dicked but good. I had to lop the friggin thing off with some cutters and the wire then came poking out. I'm not positive what will happen the next time I have to feed the wire through but I'm hoping this thing behaves. I guess you get what you pay for.

Other than that, the machine seemed to work OK. It has six heat settings and I did most of my work on #5. At one point I had to back it down to #4 and there was a bit of a gap between the two settings. #5 was melting my work and #4 piled up a bit more than I liked. I'm sure I can get used to it over time and make the gap a non issue. Infinite heat settings are nice though.

So I did end up getting the fenders on today and pretty much done. I do have to paint them still as well as wire the new lights in and drill some holes for some more marker lights on the outside edge of the fenders. The brake lights I added will do the typical brake/running light job, however the far outside two will actually do brake/running/reverse. They look exactly the same as the regular brake/running lights, but change from red to white while in reverse. It was gorgeous outside all day today and I was ecstatic to be outside doing what I was doing. It really was great. 6 or 7 of us will be going to conquer some mountains on ATC's in NH Sunday, so nothing more major will be done to this most likely until after that. Tomorrow I plan to do some wiring on the new lights as well as attempt to drill for and mount the new side marker lights. I'll add some half length mud flaps to the front of the fenders as well. Next step is either going to be west coast mirrors or body lift. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by fabiodriven; 02-23-2017 at 07:42 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Looks great!

I award you 5 Interwebz for using the term "dilly dick".
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Damn, those came out awesome!!

Holy massive brake/bender Batman! Must be a good size shop...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    That brake press gives a whole new meaning to the term "fender bender". Nice work, Fabrio!

--
    That brake does appear massive, yes, but like everything else it's all relative. I went with him about two years ago to pick that brake up with the lowbed. Coincidentally, the guy that sold him the brake is also the guy who posted the ad on Craigslist for the steel stock I've been buying. I realized it as I arrived last week to pick up my stock. It's a shop right in Middleboro center Steve. They were lifting the brake with a huge forklift that was struggling to get the brake up in the air high enough for me to back under it. In the end it took three fork lifts to get the brake up in the air. It was hairy, but we got it.

Mr Clancy had a bumper he was finishing at his shop there that made me second guess making my own. I was super impressed. It was bent up really nice, all one piece, and it must have been at least 1/4". It was extremely thick. He had to bring it somewhere else to use a bigger brake for that one. I'm sure my bumper will come out fine, but wow that one he made was extremely impressive!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Fabio, I am happy for you. From everything I read here it seems you have this process well thought out which is par for the course for you. I wish you the best of luck and safe travels where ever your truck may take you. I really enjoy seeing the progress you are making. The truck is looking M E A N with those fenders and LEDs. Very nice indeed. As other's have mentioned, if you are coming across I-80 in PA ever, please do not hesitate to stop by. I have electric and water hook ups just waiting for you. I do not have a ton of land, but my lonely 1 acre is enough space to stretch your legs by a campfire or lounge in my newly renovated "Tionesta Trikes" Bar and Lounge. Hit me up if you are in the area, as you are always welcome any time of the day or night.

As far as the "leaching off the system" thought process goes - I agree with everyone else here. You signed your life away to protect this once great nation, and for that you deserve the benefits that are offered to you. I just wish the military would pay the price that all active duty and vets are worth. It's a shame that this world does not reward actual work and sacrifice with the what it is worth. It reminds me of some song lyrics that I will leave you with:

"It takes smart choices and dumb luck
    That's why there's billionaire dumbfucks

Geniuses driving dump trucks
    Suckers with Lexuses, experts who won't make one buck
    I've seen dreams die fast and wither slow
    I've also seen 'em blooming where they're not supposed to grow
    And I've seen the ones I've planned and watched 'em blossom in the snow
    "
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    Sir, that was very eerie ^^^^^^
    I almost posted those same exact lyrics in his blog thread.
    Or maybe I even did? I can't remember now, but there are 3 reasons it is very fitting:

1. That is one of my very most favorite songs right now
    2. Every time I hear about 'geniuses driving dump trucks' I think of Fabio
    3. That verse is performed and presumably written by George Watsky who matriculated at Emerson College located in the heart of .......

..... wait for it....

Boston, Mass. And Watsky got out too.

--
    The small little connections in this world are crazy. The canniness of what just happens blows my mind. ^^^^^^^^
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

--
    It goes without saying, but for the audience's sake, I'll say it here. You are one of the most resilient people I know. You continue to bounce back from things that would leave most battered and surrendered. As a matter of fact, I've met a lot who have given up. And, it always ends the same.

I can't wait to roll the red carpet out for ya. Head this way when you can, Lil' Brother.
    '87 ATC 250SX
    '86 ATC 350X
    A bunch of stuff-n-stuff

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //