//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The plan

--
    You should be able to put the dip stick tube in after the pans on. And make sure you index the dip stick tube adapter as same as the old one and use a little silicone around the adapter to make sure it seals
    Last edited by big specht; 03-02-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    My father did that job last year on his Exploder Sport Track (give him a break, he lives in Hawaii). He said it was an absolutely awful job to tackle.
    Exploder, Ha Ha! One of the best Ford references since the Pinto was labeled the "Chariot of Fire".
    Last edited by tripledog; 03-02-2017 at 05:51 PM.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I got an email today telling me my cargo trailer is ready in Georgia. Of course it is! Now that I need to down the truck for a week! There's no way I can fix the truck right in time for me to drive to Georgia next week, so I'm going to habba-dabba the leak for the trip using...

^^^that crap^^^

I've never used it personally, however my buddy the d0zer used it on the gas tank of a very leaky Ford E-series van and not only did it work, it sealed the gas tank for two years until it started leaking again in a different spot. And to top that, when he applied the putty the tank was soaked with gasoline and currently leaking.

When I take my starter out the leak is very accessible, so I'll just remove the starter, clean all the surfaces really well, then glob this shite on the oil pan seam. Should get me to Georgia and back anyways...
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    Mechanic in a tube. Use as directed.

--
    I've seen windshield urethan used before. Don't poke around in there to much cause I've put holes in ones before scraping off the scabs.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I got an email today telling me my cargo trailer is ready in Georgia. Of course it is! Now that I need to down the truck for a week! There's no way I can fix the truck right in time for me to drive to Georgia next week, so I'm going to habba-dabba the leak for the trip using...

^^^that crap^^^

I've never used it personally, however my buddy the d0zer used it on the gas tank of a very leaky Ford E-series van and not only did it work, it sealed the gas tank for two years until it started leaking again in a different spot. And to top that, when he applied the putty the tank was soaked with gasoline and currently leaking.

When I take my starter out the leak is very accessible, so I'll just remove the starter, clean all the surfaces really well, then glob this shite on the oil pan seam. Should get me to Georgia and back anyways...
    What part of GA, John?

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'll be headed to Nashville William.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    A guy down the road from me cut the cross member out with a torch to do the oil pan gasket, no lie.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    A guy down the road from me cut the cross member out with a torch to do the oil pan gasket, no lie.
    I had a buddy do the same thing. This was on a 2wd. I don't know if that makes a difference though?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    It makes a huge difference. Mine is 2wd. I was under there taking that into consideration yesterday and both I-beams are mounted to the same massive crossmember. I would never cut that much out of the truck and try to weld it back in place.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It was also a 2wd. The guy cutting it out then lost interest in the project, a friend of mine ended up getting it for next to nothing. He fixed the pan, welded the cross member back in and put the pig to work
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--

The plan

Georgia is the trailer manufacturing capital. I bought a SGAC trailer and it cost $1540 to get it to Will William's trailer in Maine. Definitely saving a few bucks taking a ride to tow back yourself
    Last edited by sledcrazyinCT; 03-04-2017 at 10:42 AM.

--
    Fabio I can relate to your oil pan woes as you know prior to TF 15; albeit on a 5.9 Cummins that rotted through. There's not enough room to get it out with just jacking the engine? What if you could remove some top components to give you a bit more clearence to the cowling? Lifting the cab sounds like a huge PITA.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--

The plan

Yes it is a pain Pete and I must reiterate, I just need to repair the gasket. As far as I can tell right now, the pan itself is OK. I'll find out for certain when I down the truck, but it looks like the pan is OK. Funny thing is, I was driving the truck yesterday and the leak seems to have nearly diminished. I don't know what's up with that but I'll find out I'm sure. Removing some of the top components is necessary, yes. I'll have to drain the antifreeze and disconnect the coolant lines as well as remove the intercooler piping. Disconnect engine mounts, disconnect cab mounts, and up they'll go.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

The plan

Owning a four wheel drive version of your truck yanking the motor is the only option with 4wd. Good luck with replacing that gasket. I am not local to you, couple hours away, but could provide access to my shop if you find out yanking the motor makes it easier. I myself would enjoy the learning experience of wrenching on this motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //