//ArrowChat Code
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The plan

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I felt a little like a failure when my plan became less feasible due to my health, and I kind of gave up and decided to make myself comfortable for the time being. I thought it would be best for me to not attempt to travel without a home base as I was planning, so I threw the whole plan out the window. I didn't really consider just moving instead of traveling, until recently. I like seclusion, remoteness, and acreage, and if I can be on a mountain I'd like to be. I had a big boner for warmer climates for a while there, and don't get me wrong, I love the heat, but all of a sudden I've grown a fondness for the seasons. I had fun this winter, probably because I wasn't forced to work in the snow. I'm grateful to have the means to try and appreciate life, and I think I've turned into a New Englander who wants to have four distinct seasons in their life.

I could cut my mortgage in half, which would be like giving myself a raise because I have a fixed income, and I could increase my acreage by ten or twenty times, possibly more, and live in an area more suitable to my lifestyle. It's certainly something to look into. I'm eyeballing New Hampshire at the moment.

Just thinking out loud at this point. Every day I have to explain to someone why I've not left here yet and it's unfortunate, but the situation has changed so the plan must evolve with it.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 05-18-2018 at 02:27 AM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    This is the perfect place for that quote about "The best laid plans of mice and men men often go awry"

Our lives are constantly evolving. That's a GOOD thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    George, can I keep the rabbit?

You know John, they still have four seasons and mountains down where the weather is warmer. Snow too!

As for seasons and mountains, Eastern Tennessee/Western North Carolina would be nice plus alot less long winter's, good motorcycle riding, fantastic scenery, and your accent wouldn't stick out much at all. I once wanted to live near Cherokee National Forest out that way. Maybe Asheville at one time but it's like the Austin TX of the Appalachians now, if you know what I mean....an "eclectic bunch" of people (wierdos)

Eastern Kentucky/ West Virginia you would definitely sound foreign and would stick out like a black bear in a snow drift but they're good people on the whole contrary to the stereotypes. Economically challenged sometimes and kind of clannish, but good ppl nevertheless

Don't let Appalachia or the South fool ya though. They let those stereotypes go unchallenged in the hopes that Yanks won't move there and turn it into the Eastern seaboard version of the mountains. It's not teeming with Trump voting racist Confederate rebels looking for black folks to harass like you've been told by MSNBC. Anymore it's getting harder to find regional dialects/accents in alot of places thanks to all the influx from other areas.

Out "west", Bowling Green is alot like Nashville but with 10% of the crime. Very diverse crowd and most people are migrants from other states and other countries so "accents" are rare and largely fake when they do exist (thank pop country stars for that). The exceptions would be the recent foreign immigrants. For some reason, the last 10 yrs alot of New Yorkers have moved here.

I hate being cold at all and had enough snow and ice growing up in South Central Indiana so I'm debating moving to southern Alabama close to the Gulf soon or by the time I retire. Bowling Green is getting too big and crowded anyway.

To each, his own though

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 05-18-2018 at 09:31 AM.

--
    Alabama's decent...Down highway 5, south of hwy 80, there is absolutely nothing but wide open space, cattle and catfish farms. God's country. I wouldn't mind living down there and starting a catfish farm. That's dream #2 after Ringgenberg, Switzerland Aim for the Swiss Alps and if we miss we'll land in Wilcox County .

I think we all have dreams of something bigger, and "more meaningful", somewhere we can be content. I know a lot of times i have days where I've felt like i could just up and leave and go hop trains for the rest of my life i so you're definitely not alone fabio.

I went to bowling green once. Nice place. Did the vette museum and ate at a diner that had jake and elwood statues in it.

Do they have gravy biscuits in New Hampshire?
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'm so easily swayed, lol. Thanks Doug. It is REALLY cheap in the areas you're talking about. Although they do get what you people consider snow, that's not what I consider snow, lol. It's hard to explain, maybe it's the adversity of it? I like getting outside during heavy snow and seeing the landscape transformed, the stillness, how quiet it is yet how far sound will travel. There's something to be said for fighting the battle that is a heavy winter, especially fighting it using wood you processed yourself.

That being said, there is a lot of appeal to being able to own a 150 acre farm for $150k. Also, I don't mind areas that might be a bit depressed. Massachusetts seems to flourish no matter what. During recessions you will see effects here, especially in western parts of the commonwealth, but not much at all where I live. I can appreciate areas which are not like this, where things might be a bit more "simple", and I don't need to be around a class of people who makes at least $XXX,XXX a year. I'm sure I've said in this thread before, I would actually prefer to live in an area that might be somewhat depressed financially. I don't enjoy seeing the adverse effects of lower income areas and I'm not talking about the Detroit suburbs obviously, I'm talking about country areas. If I can live more than comfortably in an area that otherwise doesn't have that much money, I can see how that might benefit me.

I'll be looking at the areas you're talking about Doug. I do like having winters all of a sudden as I've said, but I'm sure I'll be OK without them.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    As soon as tomorrow, but definitely some day this week, I'll be getting word from a private buyer whether or not he's been pre-approved for enough money to purchase my home. Over the last couple weeks, I was looking at places in NH and then Kentucky as Doug had suggested. I liked what I saw in NH, but the prices in Kentucky are even better, so I was concentrating on Kentucky for a little while there. My friend Jeff (jeffatc250r) is in the process of leaving Western Massachusetts right now, as he just bought in NH. His new place is ten minutes up the road from our good friend Craigory's place (roostinATC) in NH, and that made me think. Kentucky looks beautiful and it is cheap, I like those things, but I would be pretty alone there. I do like solitude, however I would have nobody to call if I needed help with something. That would certainly change over time, but that could be difficult at first. Also living in NH I'll still be fairly close to existing friends and family. I'll be able to get a nice place up there for far less money than I'm paying now.

If my buddy tells me tomorrow that he's pre-approved for enough to buy this place, I'll have to think about whether or not I'll make it to Trikefest. If I have the option to begin house shopping that very well may take precedence. I'll be excited to be able to do that and I'd be thinking about it the whole time at Trikefest I'm certain. I'm ready to go and I hope to get the green light in the next couple days!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    My cats give me more happiness than I can even express. They are like my kids because I don't have kids. I lost Charlie this winter and he was 22 years old. It was and still is hard 6 months later.

OZZY is human to me. The things he does, the noises he makes when he's happy or sad, all human like. When I lose him, it will take years to recover, that I am sure of.

I COMPLETELY understand and I will always have cats, so easy to take care of...

You probably can also relate that when I get to Trikefest, I can't think about my boy and girls or I get a bit sad. But, on the way home, I couldn't be anymore excited to see them...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    As of now it looks like the cat is going to be deciding where I go, which is just how it is. There doesn't seem to be any way around it. She loves her daddy and that's pretty much it.

When this all began, I was all hot and bothered to do something right at that moment. I just wanted to get out there in the world with no waiting. The reality ended up being that the house just needed way too much work, and so did I. It seemed like such a hurdle to get past to get this place straightened out, but it is now ready, and so am I.

Every time I try to do something now, I have to concern myself about if my health is going to be up for whatever task or activity I have in mind. This is why it's taken me as long as it has to get to this point. When I started this thread, I still wasn't aware of how much I would or would not be capable of due to my illness. Now two years later, I have a far better grasp of what I can and cannot do, and how I have to operate in order to be productive, healthy, and happy. Lately, my health has been excellent (for me) and I feel like I could take on the world right now. Now I can move.

So the big cross country trip to travel before I bought a new home for myself seems like it may not be feasible, only because of my beloved cat. Ridiculous to some I'm sure, but she's depended on me for 15 years this year. I'm not tossing something aside I've put the last 15 years into. Once I do move out of this area and into a new area for me, then I will be able to travel more. I can't afford to travel nearly as much as I'd like to living here in Massachusetts, but that will change once my mortgage is drastically reduced.

So where shall I go? Welp, jeffatc250r, roostinATC, and Super350 on the boards here are all good friends of mine who live in Southern NH. I definitely like it there and could buy there. My other option is near Oswego (town, not County) NY. That's where my good friend Mik6 lives and I love that area as well. Right now I'm leaning more towards NY but it could go either way.

The house doesn't need to be listed again, I currently have two private buyers. One buyer is a bit unreliable and has balked on this house sale multiple times already. This time is different though, as there is a second private buyer right behind him hoping he doesn't come through, so the house will absolutely sell. The best part of selling to my friends is there is no rush to get everything out of here once the sale takes place, I can take my time with everything and anything I don't want I can just leave behind. I can always come back here in the future as well.

It's likely when the weather breaks I'll haul my rig down to Mik's and spend a few weeks or a month in the area and see how I feel about it and obviously look at a ton of real estate.

Thanks for looking.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Lately, my health has been excellent (for me) and I feel like I could take on the world right now.
    Good to hear....hope it stays that way.

Continued good luck on your plan!

--
    Not ridiculous in the least...

I wish I had met the right chick and made a kid, but I didn't. And I am quite content in my current situation.

Others have kids in their 20's, that's just how the ball bounces...

My life revolves around my cats, regardless of how pathetic that may sound, that's my life and I enjoy it.

I've been looking for another orange kitten as of late, my 17 y.o Fwoopah died a few weeks ago, it sucks.

I lost 2 cats in less than a year, it really sucks...

I've got 2 left about 8 and 17 years old, I need to plan ahead or it's just too painful.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    As of now it looks like the cat is going to be deciding where I go, which is just how it is. There doesn't seem to be any way around it. She loves her daddy and that's pretty much it.

When this all began, I was all hot and bothered to do something right at that moment. I just wanted to get out there in the world with no waiting. The reality ended up being that the house just needed way too much work, and so did I. It seemed like such a hurdle to get past to get this place straightened out, but it is now ready, and so am I.

Every time I try to do something now, I have to concern myself about if my health is going to be up for whatever task or activity I have in mind. This is why it's taken me as long as it has to get to this point. When I started this thread, I still wasn't aware of how much I would or would not be capable of due to my illness. Now two years later, I have a far better grasp of what I can and cannot do, and how I have to operate in order to be productive, healthy, and happy. Lately, my health has been excellent (for me) and I feel like I could take on the world right now. Now I can move.

So the big cross country trip to travel before I bought a new home for myself seems like it may not be feasible, only because of my beloved cat. Ridiculous to some I'm sure, but she's depended on me for 15 years this year. I'm not tossing something aside I've put the last 15 years into. Once I do move out of this area and into a new area for me, then I will be able to travel more. I can't afford to travel nearly as much as I'd like to living here in Massachusetts, but that will change once my mortgage is drastically reduced.

So where shall I go? Welp, jeffatc250r, roostinATC, and Super350 on the boards here are all good friends of mine who live in Southern NH. I definitely like it there and could buy there. My other option is near Oswego (town, not County) NY. That's where my good friend Mik6 lives and I love that area as well. Right now I'm leaning more towards NY but it could go either way.

The house doesn't need to be listed again, I currently have two private buyers. One buyer is a bit unreliable and has balked on this house sale multiple times already. This time is different though, as there is a second private buyer right behind him hoping he doesn't come through, so the house will absolutely sell. The best part of selling to my friends is there is no rush to get everything out of here once the sale takes place, I can take my time with everything and anything I don't want I can just leave behind. I can always come back here in the future as well.

It's likely when the weather breaks I'll haul my rig down to Mik's and spend a few weeks or a month in the area and see how I feel about it and obviously look at a ton of real estate.

Thanks for looking.
    What's that old saying about the "Best laid plans of mice and men"? Sh!t don't always work out the way we want. All we can do is deal with life's ups and downs and move ahead the best we can.

I'm lucky (so far), I'm in pretty good shape for a guy who's been doing what I have for 35 years. The plus side to that is I can help the wife deal with her health issues when she needs it. The MS will never go away, and for now it's under control pretty well, but the MS can cause other afflictions to occur. She developed Trigeminal Neuralgia last year and it was controlled with meds. It flared up again around Christmas, worse than last year, and the meds aren't working this time which we pretty much knew would be the case from our rather extensive research. Surgery is Friday which should give her 3-5 years + of relief. We're working on dosage for CBD oil to help with the MS also.

You plan will work out Fabs. Might not be exactly as you planned it, but embrace what you achieve of your plan.
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

--

The plan

Scooter, obviously holistic health is a big part of my life. I've learned multiple different facets of it over the years. I'm no doctor by any means whatsoever nor am I trying to give you medical advice, but I have seen a lot of people turn right around with alternative care. Two guys I served with who I am in contact with regularly have both been having a lot of health problems since our return from war, a lot more than me. Both were on meds, one on a ton of meds. I used to try to convince him the meds were as much his problem as anything else (in my opinion). For years he took drugs and was generally unhealthy, then one day he stopped.

Both of these guys' wives began using essential oils and one goes to a holistic doctor. Both have never been healthier in years, one of them so much so that his doctor asked him how on earth he'd improved as much as he had and how he did it. My friend explained it was the treatment his wife gives him at home using essential oils, natural supplements, and guidance from a $13 book on the subject. Two of my friends have had such drastic results that they cannot be ignored, and neither takes any more drugs. These two have a lot more physical issues than I do, but they're both bat chit crazy like me from war, so that's a huge part of it as well as actually healing physically.

Our bodies can heal themselves, but they're a friggin mess from everything we're subjected to on a daily basis, from our food, to the air, to microwaves, heavy metal ingestion, and so on... These things are not at all taken into account by traditional medicine and therefore can only be masked at best, and the cause might never actually be found.

I must digress... I cannot tell you that I can heal your wife or if anyone can, however what I have learned is that sometimes our health can be like a pile of mixed up bungee cords. There is absolutely no way to straighten it out if you do not separate them one at a time and deal with each issue along the way. My Lyme treatment has largely treated every symptom respectively rather than an overall blanket treatment. It's not what I was expecting, but I now have the weapons to fight back.

Look into the chaga mushroom. I just started using that. I have no idea if it would have any effect on MS but I've heard nothing but great things about Chaga.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Our bodies can heal themselves, but they're a friggin mess from everything we're subjected to on a daily basis, from our food, to the air, to microwaves, heavy metal ingestion, and so on... These things are not at all taken into account by traditional medicine and therefore can only be masked at best, and the cause might never actually be found.

I must digress... I cannot tell you that I can heal your wife or if anyone can, however what I have learned is that sometimes our health can be like a pile of mixed up bungee cords. There is absolutely no way to straighten it out if you do not separate them one at a time and deal with each issue along the way. My Lyme treatment has largely treated every symptom respectively rather than an overall blanket treatment. It's not what I was expecting, but I now have the weapons to fight back.

Look into the chaga mushroom. I just started using that. I have no idea if it would have any effect on MS but I've heard nothing but great things about Chaga.

She/We have started "cleaning up" our habits. Better eating habits, more natural foods (we started that about 1 1/2 years ago)

The Trigeminal Neuralgia finally got her to throw the friggin ciggys away since according to others who suffer from it cigs can cause "triggers" as they call them. She and her doctors (due to pressure from her from me) have eliminated many of the meds she was on for the MS and the additional problems related to the MS. She is now down to one treatment per 6 months where before she had to give herself a shot every other day. Say what you will about doctors, but the UofM has a stellar reputation and the treatment is working. We both would like to get her off of the treatment, but the problem is if her MS flares up the damage to the brain or spine, called a lesion, never goes away and permanently affects the ability of the neurological system to transmit messages to other parts of the body. It's one f'ed up disease and if I could take the symptoms and damage and bear the burden so she didn't have to I would do it in a second. It's possible that if she is still flare free in about one more year she can stop the treatments. She prays, I just keep a positive attitude to help her stay positive

I will have her throw Chaga on the list of things to research and try.

Thanks for the suggestion!

--
    Today one of my private buyers walked into the bank, and walked out pre-approved. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, I am free to begin the home sale process. We're not jumping right into it, this guy was supposed to be the backup, so while the snow flies we're keeping 'er in neutral just for now. This is a big deal though.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I'm in land and home Title, and recommend if you had a Title Co. insure you last transfer. Go back to them, as a private seller. They have all your info, it will increase the buyers ability to secure his loan as well. The re-issue rate and filing fees will be absorb in the purchase. Most lenders require home owners insurance and clear Title insurance anyway. Might be $700 but a great ease to doing it yourself. Best of Happy transfer!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //