Wow that is a very large Peter pump!
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    I've always felt that a k&n filter in the stock air box was a nice compromise between performance and clean air. I think people get a lot of dirt in their engine with cold air intakes.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    I've always felt that a k&n filter in the stock air box was a nice compromise between performance and clean air. I think people get a lot of dirt in their engine with cold air intakes.
    I completely agree Joe. Under these circumstances it's best I do something to modify my intake because the early 99's intake system didn't last very long. I've heard Ford changed it for good reason, basically because it sucks.

What you're saying is true, and putting an air filter under your hood while simultaneously cutting off the fresh air from outside the vehicle it was already breathing most likely makes for higher intake air temperatures and dirtier air going into the engine. Some people consider that an improvement, however I do not. See example of the wrong way to do this below-

^^That^^ is the recommended approach to putting a cold air intake on your early 99 Super Duty. It should be called a hot air intake. I will not be doing that to my truck, however I will be finding a way to supply it with more fresh air with or without the factory airbox.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Mike Finnegan just did a show on this very subject.
    https://youtu.be/pE7mw3ZZN0g
    82 250r
    83 Big Red
    85 Auto-x
    If you've done business with me please leave me feedback
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ght=Bren_downe

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_downe View Post
    Mike Finnegan just did a show on this very subject.
    https://youtu.be/pE7mw3ZZN0g
    I literally just watched that last night! That one video is a very big reason I've decided to scrap the cold air intake altogether. After really looking over the factory intake today and comparing what I would be able to do with the K&N pod I bought, the K&N is getting returned. I couldn't engineer anything better than what the factory already has, so the factory airbox is staying.

I installed my remanufactured GEM module today and didn't see any difference in the draw my truck has. Upon review of the play, my truck actually has an acceptable amount of draw so I no longer think a draw is my problem. I was mis-reading my meter. Still a good move to replace it however, as the remanufactured unit has a lifetime warranty. I already knew I needed new batteries, so I'm hoping that fixes my problem.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I've had a lot of people asking me lately, so here's an update on what I'm up to. Basically the house hasn't sold so I can't leave here yet. It's too close to winter to leave now, so I'll be sticking it out in Massachusetts through the winter and ideally the house will sell in the spring. So I'm kinda on hold.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    The house is still off the market and I've been spending my time getting it in better shape to sell. Scraping and painting, ceilings and walls... I love the house but I'm looking forward to leaving this place. To babble a bit, it's a fine line for me to walk as far as keeping things "within operating temperature". Obviously I deal with PTSD, but I do still have Lyme disease, always will. Depending on the day, I might need to rest, but on the other hand, idle hands are the devil's workshop. There is a lane I try to straddle somewheres in the middle there. I'm far from useless, I slay trees and do almost all of my splitting by hand with the maul. I've recently been able to get back into working out and exerting myself which is great obviously.

Lyme has changed me in a bunch of ways and on some very deep levels. I feel like a piece of litmus paper kind of. Unless I'm doing something that I'm truly enthusiastic about, I feel like shite. It's difficult to explain, I'm not sure I can really portray this. I don't dislike my home but I do dislike Massachusetts, and I don't have to leave here ever if I don't want to, however the more comfortable I get here, the more depressed I get. The thought of leaving here enthralls me and immediately my heart starts pumping and my mood turns right around. I'm incapable of bullshitting myself and the rewards of following my own train of thought are not something I can afford to pass up, if that makes any sense.

The brand new cargo trailer has been sitting out in the yard patiently awaiting it's turn for attention. A few days ago I found myself unable to sleep as my mind went into engineering mode and started making blueprints only I can see. Yesterday I hooked up the trailer and moved it into position to get some love and today I worked inside of it for the first time ever. I also plugged it in and used the electricity for the first time. Now I'm no carpenter so you nail bangers can frig off. As I was working inside the trailer today with the heavy rain coming down overhead, I felt like a million bucks. For a second I was wondering why I wasn't miserable, and I realized it was because I'm working on my future and this is unequivocally the right path. The signs are clear as day.

My work bench beginnings are now there. I'll be topping the bench with a chunk of steel. I picked up some storage bins from Havoc Fraught, $40 for the pair. 120v electric built-in wall heating unit is en route. I'm going to be doing a lot of building, wiring, plumbing, and all those great things from this point forward. Every square inch will have to be taken advantage of with hanging cabinets, shelves, and toolboxes. I'm going to have to condense my garage down to only the essentials and my best tools, parts, and bikes. On that note, the XR650L conversion is not going to make the cut. That's getting sold and at the moment it's not yet listed anywhere. I'm torn about tools. It would behoove me to shed as many lbs as I possibly can inside this trailer. Over the last year, I've learned to part ways with things I'd have never considered before, including trikes. I sold my DR and I will be selling my XR, but I'm having a tough time thinking about condensing my tools. I have a problem letting tools go. I even told myself I can keep some of them in storage, I don't have to let them go, but I'm not positive I'll be able to leave many of them behind. The thing is, I have so many repeat tools that I truly do not need to have them all with me. I probably have twenty 3/8th's ratchets. I couldn't imagine the situation I'd need twenty 3/8th's ratchets, but I have trouble imagining life without them. I don't know, something to think about I guess.

So that's where things are now. I'm glad I have the time to work on this stuff at my own pace. I used to lay sleepless thinking about women, but now it's this undertaking instead. It's an odd feeling having priorities like that shuffled for you, and that's not the only one. I guess I'm just getting used to being me still at 38 years of age.

I will update as things progress.

85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I have been told that giving has a way of cheering u up when u are down. I will happily take a ratchet or 2 if u ever need a pick-me-up! (Nice collection, puts mine to shame, I like the big star wheel one)
    Happy thanksgiving Fabio

--
    Great post Fabs! Good to see you focused on a labor of love.

Regarding the tools, a couple years back I made the hard choice, gathered everything up and laid everything out in plain view and started matching duplicates up. Then I put together some travel kits for the bike, and the truck as well as some for the house.

When that was done I asked myself in what situation would I ever need two of X. If I couldn’t think of one, the lesser quality of the spare tools went into an old Beach tool box I’d picked up well used when I was 18 and was gifted to my buddy Jorge as he is the one guy I know down here who actually wants to learn how to fix his bikes and not just drink beer and critique my free labor services.

After all this time the only thing I regret giving him was a 5/16” that i’ve Now lost the twin to.

So my long drawn out story is simply to comment that you might want to consider giving them to somebody you know rather than selling them unless you think you could get fair market value for them. At least that way you know where they are and that somebody you know is taking care of them and putting them to good use.

--
    Thanks a lot for the replies guys! Yeah I'll think about the tools. No need to worry about that right this moment. It's not just 3/8th's stuff I have a lot of. I have a lot of 1/2, tons of Channel Locks, linesmen, dykes, pliers, probably ten torque wrenches and 20 pair of tin snips. Like it's difficult to shut the drawers sometimes. I'm low on vise grips and screwdrivers though. It's so difficult to find good screwdrivers.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    I don’t know what’s going on with screwdrivers. My dad still has craftsman screwdriver’s that are over 30 years old and in decent shape, I bought a set a of Crapsman drivers couple months ago and managed to internally strip two of the slotted ones trying to take out a quarter inch stove bolt the next day.

Went back for warranty and they told me that they didn’t have those sizes in stock. So I go back a couple weeks later and sure enough they still don’t have those sizes in stock. In fact I don’t think they ever have those sizes in stock, kind of like Snap-on 1/4” drivers, so I took two similar sizes waited for a young girl to go up to the till, Looked her straight in the eye and said I need these replaced, I went and picked out the right ones on my own, I hope you don’t mind. She never said a word just took the bad ones and told me to have a nice day.

If you do come across a nice high-end brand please let me know, I am sick of disfiguring screwdriver‘s on tiny little screws.

--

The plan

I will absolutely let you know Nico. Craftsman hasn't made a good screwdriver since probably the 80's. Their old screwdrivers are much better quality and their more recent Philips offerings aren't bad, but their slotted screwdrivers are pure garbage. I avoid flathead hardware like the plague anyways, but you're always going to come across them from time to time.

I'm just going to end up biting the bullet and buying something brand new and name brand. There isn't much on the intranets as far as good used tools. I've gotten ridiculous deals on all the rest of my tools, two separate bulk buyouts for really short money, so it's fair that I'll have to spring on screwdrivers.
    Last edited by fabiodriven; 11-23-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Thanks a lot for the replies guys! Yeah I'll think about the tools. No need to worry about that right this moment. It's not just 3/8th's stuff I have a lot of. I have a lot of 1/2, tons of Channel Locks, linesmen, dykes, pliers, probably ten torque wrenches and 20 pair of tin snips. Like it's difficult to shut the drawers sometimes. I'm low on vise grips and screwdrivers though. It's so difficult to find good screwdrivers.
    You keep lesbians in your garage?
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootertrash View Post
    You keep lesbians in your garage?
    In the basement Scooter.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Do you have a 3/8 entension I can borrow?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ironchop; 11-23-2017 at 01:30 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //