//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ims gas tank 200x

Newrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

New ims gas tank 200x

I need others opinions on a what maybe is just a small problem , these tanks are pretty nice and over all quality seems real decent I used the search feature to no avail I want with this tank because it eccepts the shrouds and is almost the same shape as the oem tanks I was installing the petcock and the peice that that the petcock screws on to started to spin when it wasn't even hand tight yet so I figured maybe there's a oring or some type of gasket that's will seal it from inside the tank so I held back on the nut and went to snug up the petcock and it would just spin from inside the tank so again I thought the oring was dealing it from inside ,so I filled it with water and it started to leak .. is this an easy fix ?do I put a new oring in or do I try to use a peice of rubber maybe with some type of friction plate .? Without holding back on the threads to tighten the nut up there is no way to get in the tank to hold back the peice in the tank .. this is a pic of were it's leaking from inside the tank , I wrote them 2 emails last night I'll probly hear back on Monday but if I can fix it myself no big problem. Has anyone else had this issue?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170217_160028.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	239894

--
    1st gen or 2nd??; I didn't think they made a 2nd generation tank.

I love my 2 IMS 350X tanks, BUT, I had to change it out to fit another oil cooler on the right side.

You can try to epoxy it, but I wish you good luck.

EDIT - I have used "SHOO GOO" my entire life, not "GOOP". My father didn't believe in it until i wiped some on the side of my kitchen sink; It is still here 2 years or more later, it will not come off. I have even used it to fill the lower cavity of a shock as a bump stop.

The key is to let it set up 2 days or 3, then you can start messing with it. I rough and clean up the area to adhere to.

If you have any chance, it will be with Shoe Goo. But, make sure the threads match as nothing can stop the wrong threads from rotating, period!!
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 02-18-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: more to say
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    1st gen 200x tank sir , I'm pretty sure they don't make a 2nd gen tank

--
    Yes, they don't make one for 86/87. Does yours have the shrouds built right into it?? Seems I recall seeing one of those....

I'm telling you, try that SHOE GOO, not GOOP or any other knock offs and check your threads for the correct size and pitch prior to assembly , then let it dry at least 2 days in a warm climate. You can buy it on EBAY or AMAZON, the stuff convinced my 77 y.o. father who is always extremely SET IN HIS WAYS!!

I still cannot get it off my kitchen sink without a brand new razor blade!!

I poured it while warm into a 250R shock cup that the bump stop goes in. Rode it with that 250R shock for a couple years.....
    Last edited by Dirtcrasher; 02-18-2017 at 03:13 PM.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I will be curious to hear what the manufacturer says when business opens up again. Keep us posted after you call them Monday.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

--
    I will definatly let you know what happens , I've read different things regarding returns with ims I recieved the tank within 4 weeks of purchasing it. I was told 8 weeks as it was a special order tank and had to be made to order .so I got it early which was a plus . I've decided in not gonna go messing with the tank because of I do something wrong it may void my warranty and these tanks are not cheap .

--
    Yes their should be an O-ring were your pencil is pointing . Getting it snug is the hard part , use a little motor oil on the O-ring and it should tighten up .
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service

My Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck+shortline10

--
    Thanks shortline , I'll give it a shot tomorrow, is the oring under the nut on the outside of the tank or the one on the inside of the tank ? I know you said were my pencil is pointing but I just want to make sure , what I'll do is loosen up the nut and get some oil on the oring and find a way to hold back on the threads (yup it's tuff) without damaging anything. I'll let ya know how I make out

--
    If the nut is on the outside then put the o-ring on the inside , should seal better that way .
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

110 atc is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    How does this tank fit and look? I didn't know they offered one you could use the fins on. Is it available in white too? I searched but didn't find much.
    1982 110, 1982 Big Red, 1983 70 Christmas Special X2, 1983 185s, 1984 200s, 1984 200m, 1986 250r, 1987 125m, 1987 lt500r x2, 2003 Rincon, 2008 700xx, 2016 pioneer 1000-5

--
    Monday is a damn holiday, you'll be waiting for Tuesday....

--
    Pic of one installed .

Quote Originally Posted by 110 atc View Post
    How does this tank fit and look? I didn't know they offered one you could use the fins on. Is it available in white too? I searched but didn't find much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0089.JPG  
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    87 atc 125m stock

--
    There are no pics of this tank on the website. It does have to be custom made so it's made to order , from what I gathered from speaking with them they make it in black white and red and yes the scoops fit right up , I "think" if you made the order through ims they could do what ever color they have in stock even like a Kawasaki green as long as they have it (that's what I got from talking to them)

--
    Yup I know .my son just reminded me it was a holiday and he is off from school , so Tuesday it is

--
    I recieved an email this morning , I can say ims gas excellent customer service ,they said that it shouldn't have spun freely and it's a defect in the tank that were very apologetic and said they will get me riding again soon .

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //