//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 200x build!

--

My 200x build!

Hey guys, so if you remember I bought a 1983 Honda 200x about a month ago and this is my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    When I bought the bike the frame was black I have since taken off the shitty paint and it is back to red. Also put new bars, cables, clutch lever, throttle. I ordered new rear tires they are maxxas razrs. And waiting for my new plastics to come in. More pictures to come!

Newrider is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I did the same thing at first with my tank I just sanded it down and painted it , I had the same knee dents in both sides of my tank and it always bothered me so I sanded down both sides to bare metal and used bondo and it came out pretty nice ,id still be using that tank if it didn't start to leak from small pin holes at the bottom seams and ruin my paint

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Newrider View Post
    I did the same thing at first with my tank I just sanded it down and painted it , I had the same knee dents in both sides of my tank and it always bothered me so I sanded down both sides to bare metal and used bondo and it came out pretty nice ,id still be using that tank if it didn't start to leak from small pin holes at the bottom seams and ruin my paint
    I was thinking to do that thanks!

--
    Got some new plastics! More pics to come.

--
    The black plastics will look good on there. Don't you just "love" the spray can flames? I used to have an atc90 that had a similar paint job on the tank. It makes me want to smack whoever did it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    The black plastics will look good on there. Don't you just "love" the spray can flames? I used to have an atc90 that had a similar paint job on the tank. It makes me want to smack whoever did it.
    Haha yeah I know right it was black and a terrible purple!

--
    Yeah, no go on the flames. Looking good dude. Im liking the black plastics myself. Sweet moped in the background.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Quote Originally Posted by x-rider View Post
    Yeah, no go on the flames. Looking good dude. Im liking the black plastics myself. Sweet moped in the background.
    Yeah the flames are not the best. Yeah I am loving the black plastics I'm so glad that they are not gloss black.

--
    Update, just changed the bearings all around and now going to be doing the breaks.

--
    I'll have photos soon! I have since ordered Maier super scoops and tank is being painted!

--
    I love the moppet in the background. my shop looks about the same right now. bikes everywhere.

--
    Hey guys, after working to finish my 200x and get ready to ride it. I pulled it out of the garage yesterday and fired it up! Ran for about 5-10 mins and she is now burning tons of oil. What would cause this?

--
    Valve guides? Valve seals? Piston rings? How did it run before and did it burn oil then?

--
    Bore, piston/rings and valve seal time.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //