//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 86/86 250R DG Xtreme Pipe Feedback

--

86/86 250R DG Xtreme Pipe Feedback

Anyone running this pipe? I'm looking for a good all around pipe. I'm assuming it won't perform well with a 350/370 kit but the price makes it worth looking into. Wishful thinking I guess. Not really feeling $500 price tag on that ESR or CT exhaust.

--
    ****85/86*** I can't edit the title. Can a moderator do so if one comes across this? Thanks
    Last edited by 2strokes4life; 02-21-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    In my humble opinion skip the big bore and spend the money for a quality hand coned pipe on a stock motor.

I can recommend you a couple others who will vouch for the impact of a quality hand coned pipe on a stock motor.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 02-20-2017 at 06:44 PM.

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The ESR is a really good pipe, I found a used one in great shape for cheap. Already ran a uni filter and rejetted for that with the stock pipe. Put the ESR pipe and silencer and jetted again and the difference was night and day, quicker response and a a much broader power band.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    This is a complete frame up restoration. Big bore kit is a must since I'm already splitting the cases to have them powder coated. If ESR would ever call me back that is! Everything is over the top on this build. Almost ten years in the making, im determined to have one of the sickest non drag, non dune specific R's in the country. I'll start a build thread in the next few days. But yeah, I was figuring there was no beating the ESR or CT pipes. I see everyone always comparing FMF to them. Just not DG.

--
    If you are doing a bulld as you describe then why stop short with the pipe? Keister on the boards just removed his esr for a hand coned pipe. The guy who bought it then rode my 250r, and his esr is now for sale Do what you like but it's your build, good luck.

--
    Just wishful thinking and curiosity on the DG. I know nothing of hand coned pipes really. I'm interested in the performance gains over the ESR and who makes them now though. Any help is appreciated

--
    I will get you some information and pics of my pipes!!

--
    Kenny Roberts pipes. There is another builder, but this is my choice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

efhondakid is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I'm with Mr. Clean, in the instance of an all out build like you described would benefit most fron a pipe custom tailored to your motor.
    2 in the back, 1 in the front.

--
    Buildandclick.com

The software is very easy to use and navigate through. If i can understand it anyone can. Prints out templates for each section.

I've never made one yet as I feel my tig skills are not ready (that good). Even if you never attempt one......for under $40 it's good info.

--
    I'm definitely interested in the hand coned pipe. Doing a little research, are the Kenny Roberts pipes the ones coming from BDT? Any thoughts on LED?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2strokes4life; 02-21-2017 at 05:05 PM.

--
    Yeah, Kenny Roberts makes pipes for BDT and plan on spending $850. Arlan at LED makes standard and big bore pipes for the R. You might get his for a little less than $850, but not much.

--
    I have no 1st hand experience, but a good friend has a 370 cc ESR that was carefully ported to perfection contracted by Rob Selvy @ "BDT" , he later added a "Kenny Roberts" built pipe, He said is was a performance gain. My friends tell me its one of the fastest all around 250Rs they have ever seen ?, & Mr. Selvy stated to him its right there with the strongest build hes ever accomplished. Its no simple bolt on, it starts w a ESR cylinder, then its modified, the head had extensive time invested as did the crank.
    Note* Its faster than a CPI 421 powervalved Banshee thats been dynoed at 93 h.p thats frankly... one quick 250R as its not a dedicated drag bike, its supposed to be a a rideable duner.
    It was expensive and time quite time cosuming more than a 1yr at the shops ...4-5 grand I beleive ? Pipe was around $700.00 -900.00 bucks if I recall. If your after specifics I should be able to find out.
    I do know 2 stroke 101, that if one is doing a big bore and wanting to maximize power, a pipe built to the port design, head design and riding style is a no brainer.
    Last edited by this old rz; 02-22-2017 at 02:41 AM.
    I need all the help I can get!

kevin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Buildandclick.com

The software is very easy to use and navigate through. If i can understand it anyone can. Prints out templates for each section.

I've never made one yet as I feel my tig skills are not ready (that good). Even if you never attempt one......for under $40 it's good info.
    Does this software give you bike specific dimensions?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //