//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tecate axle carrier

99gsxr750 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Tecate axle carrier

Anyone drill and tap a zerk fitting into one? I was wondering if its worth it to pack the carrier with grease.

--
    In my opinion it wouldn't be worth it for several reasons. One, the axle bearings are sealed so any grease you inject into the carrier will not make it inside the bearings. Two, you would have to inject probably a 1/2 tub of grease into the carrier before it spread out to the bearings at either end. There is a lot of volume to fill between the carrier and the spacer. You would only be creating a mess for yourself when you go to take the carrier apart.

99gsxr750 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    My thought was to remove the inner seal because I just pulled apart this carrier and it was nothing but rust and frozen parts.

--
    People do that with 250rs, there was just a post on Facebook about it a month ago. Also, I used tapered bearing carriers on my 500 and 450 and they are filled with grease frome a zero like you're describing.
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //