//ArrowChat Code

Thread: removing paint from fenders?

--

removing paint from fenders?

I picked up a 97 ktm jr that's in great shape, except the po painted it red. any thoughts on removing it without damaging the fenders?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    1985 250r
    1985 200s
    1984 200x
    bandito x2
    1979 atc70
    Trikefest 2012,13,14,15

Watford city, North Dakota United States "THE BAKKEN" / Lebanon, Oregon United states.
    --
    I heard (haven't had to try it yet) that airstripper works. Try a pressure washer first tho

Saying "it's the trikes fault" is like saying "guns kill people"
    don't poke the bear... you'll get banned

Queef Chief is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I've used paint stripper with success. I think the key is not to let it soak long, as it seems to soften the plastic. Last time I stripped a set of painted plastics, I let stripper set for 60 seconds and used pressure washer. It may take a few attempts to get it all off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I wasn't sure if I could use stripper or not. Will give it a shot tonight and update. thanks guys

1985 250r
    1985 200s
    1984 200x
    bandito x2
    1979 atc70
    Trikefest 2012,13,14,15

--
    I used this on my Tri-z fenders with no issues. Picked up from a local auto parts store. I believe they have different types, read the cans 1 should say plastic safe.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/p...322/10035245-P

I've also head many times to use brake fluid. Should eat up the paint and wont hurt the plastic. I've never tried this personally but i have seen it spilled on motorcycle fender and it takes the paint off.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    We have used dads paint stripper many times just use rubber gloves a old paint brush and garden hose to wash it off between coats. Just brush it on and keep going back over all the spots till it wrinkles up and wipe off then hose it off and reapply until all the paints gone. We haven't ever hurt any plastic doing it that way
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Brake fluid
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Yep, brake fluid. Bye bye paint

--
    paint stripper...it dont hurt . follow up with purple power. brake fuild will do it also with steel wool but takes forever. These plastics were stripped on both bikes.

i use kleen strip in air-sole can...you get it on your skin you will learn what acid on your skin feels like...but it works as you can see.

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've had great luck with aircraft stripper, hasn't bothered plastic yet for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //